Questions about nutrient & water in dwc

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by quillaplayer, Nov 3, 2017.

?

Is there a real difference if i top with just ph'd water or nutrient water?

1. YES

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hi, im planning to buy the Grow,Micro, Bloom and maybe the Hobbyist Combo on amazon. i saw the feeding chart on the webs and thats ok. but im wondering if my plant drink 0,5 liter of water in one day and i have to replenish it again. should i top with ph water or with nutrient water? in that case, nutrient calculator is giving me an estimated of 76ml week of nutrient in a 5 gal reservoir. that means i will spend 817ml in a 12 week crop; if i change my reservoir x week with the recommended nutrients dose and i replenish it with "nutrient water" i'll be using more nutrients than the calculator predict. so my question is:
    1) what nutrient package size should i purchase to have aboundant for my 12 week plan?
    2) what is the estimated total use of nutrients i need x average plant in a 5gal 12 week dwc program?
    3) Is there a real difference if i top with just ph'd water or nutrient water?
    thanks and sorry for the my bad english.

2. #3 Tbone Shuffle, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    I spent a few crops in DWC topping off with just water as per directions and only adding nutrients at water change. You know what happened? The plants starved.

I spent a while growing hydro with no ppm meter. I would just add nutrients via the directions at about 50% strength at water changes. I finally got a ppm meter after a few grows. I was having some plant issues after 4-5 days since a water change. I checked the ppm with my new meter. It was 0. Hmm... ? no wonder I had problems. The plants were sucking down all the nutrients from the water change in 4 days.

I spent a while checking the ppm every day to get a feel for how it moves. Now I've got my routine down to the point I just check it at water changes or if I suspect issues.

I always top off with nutrients now. My go to for top off is GH floranova bloom. It's the best single bottle nutrient for start to finish cannabis there is.

At water change I will use up to 13-15 different things for my res but my mid week top offs are 2 drops of ph down and 2ml of FN bloom per 1/2 gallon.

I use rainwater so there is absolutely nothing in it. It will leech nutrients from a plant if you give it straight. It tests at 0 ppm. If your water is clean like that you can't top off with just water and you will have to use cal/mag.

3. Google the lucas formula and only buy GH flora micro/bloom by the gallon for NPK. Grow is not needed. Mine is sitting in my cupboard along side my Floranova grow. They have a terrible balance of NPK for cannabis which is a phosphorus/potassium hog.

Grow has duplicate ingredients from micro and bloom.

4. Thanks for your advise TBONE ill follow. :smoking-rapper:

• Like Like x 1
  5. The basic idea of the lucas formula is 1-2-2. Micro is your nitro component and bloom is p&k. If you have tap water with plenty of ground minerals you probably won't need calimagic but I use rainwater so I also add that. If you use Floranova bloom you don't need calmag. FN bloom is 4% calcium 2% magnesium in the bottle. Calimagic is 5% calcium 1.5% magnesium.

Micro is 5-0-1 so it's basically all nitro. That controls the green of your plant. If it's getting yellow or light green you're using too little micro. If it's really dark green you're using too much. Always dose twice as much bloom as you do micro to keep the ratio intact. With young plants I will feed 2ml/gallon micro and 4ml/gallon bloom.

6. What if i use Grow, Micro, Bloom of Advanced Nutrients? That will be worst, same or better than GH? In case is better what else do i need of nuts?

Thanks for your knowledge and time TBONE

7. Advanced is just as good I guess. I'm a GH user so that's what I know. From what they say you can ignore ph with An so that is nice.

• Agree Agree x 1