Question regarding water quality

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Closet-Gardenholic, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Hey friends,

I'm getting excited about setting up my grow room today, and I'm just doing some final research regarding water quality.

I am currently on a well, but have never had my tap water tested. I will have a ph test kit, but nothing to test The TDS.

I think the water is fine, but there are a few reports of increased arsenic in the area due to large bedrock formations.

Should the unknown quality of my water steer me away from using it? it is not a big deal for me to go buy distilled water, but if the plants will benefit from well water with calcium and other minerals, I would prefer to use that.

I may go to the hardware store and see if they have a water test kit so I can check out my ppm and make sure there's nothing harmful to my babies in their water.

2. I would imagine if it's safe for you to drink it would be fine for the plants lol. I live in the city and use my city water...just let it sit for at least 24 hours before using. Based on all the research I have done on the topic using your well water would be better than buying water,as it contains many things the plants need and love...minerals and such. So ..in short lol...tap water should be fine

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

3. I used tap water on my outdoor grows and I noticed that it did affect the flavor.

4. I have a well and water softener system but no under cabinet r/o system. Before I started my grow I took a sample of my house water that went through my refrigerator filter and also a sample of water from the fill your own bottle at the grocery store to the local grow shop. The grocery store water is basically extra filtered tap water. After having them both tested the owner told me the grocery water was much better to grow with and would be cautious with my softened tap water. My recommendation would be a home r/o system hooked up before the water softener system in the garage if possible. I'm about half way through flower and have been filling gallons since. I'm currently going through about 6+ gallons a week which is a pain. I'm sure the garage r/o system would pay for itself over a few grows not to mention being much easier. In the meantime just take a sample and get it tested at a hydro store. You might be totally fine which would make life easy and me jealous. Hope my rant helps but I had/have the same issue. I will say that although the store water is a bitch, my pH has been very close to perfect throughout the grow. Check it out....

check out my first grow/journal https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1423342/

5. IMG_1322.JPG
    Just got my package and the first thing I did was test the ph on my well water. Not too shabby! I plan on buying some tds strips just to make sure there are no high amounts of anything, but I'm pretty sure it will be fine.