P600 1st grow 2x4x7 closet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by lucky1972, Sep 28, 2016.

1. I'm a first time grower, long time smoker. I'm about 50 years old, professional type that smokes for anxiety but also because I just like it.

Here's the skinny, I'm looking for assistance along the way from experienced growers who are familiar with my lighting and closet set up. I plan on keeping this journal updated frequently so we can all benefit from the dialog.[​IMG]

Currently have White Widow BB, Liberty Haze and Northern Lights #5 seeds.

Lighting is P600 platinum

4" exhaust w/carbon on power control switch

4" inline (not in wall since it was quieter)

General Flora series 3 part nutes

Rapid rooters

707 soil with extra clay pebbles added

Clip on 4" fan

2'*42"*7' closet lined with reflectex

All seeds just popped via paper towel method. I just added them into rapid rooters which were then placed into red solo cups.

• Like Like x 8
  2. I did the paper towel method and once seeds popped I put them into pre soaked rapid rooters (r/o water). I then placed them into red solo cups with the 707/clay mix and covered them with another plastic cup in order to keep the humidity up. I also just put them on a saucer with a heat mat underneath for a few days. I currently don't have the light on but plan on getting the led at 40" and turning it on for 18/6 veg stage in the next day or two.

My current questions/concerns are....

When should I turn the light on 18/6?

When and how often do I remove the dome once the light is on?

I was currently thinking I would get 2-4 seeds to grow since it's a small closet but all 7 seeds popped so far. Should I keep as many that stay healthy and just plan on keeping them smaller? I was originally thinking if only two popped then I was going to try a 2" scrog screen. Thoughts?

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  3. It's day five officially and all 7 seeds have sprouted and are on a 18/6 cycle.
    Current questions are do I must the plants completely or just the soil? When do I water with diluted nutes? How long should I keep the lids on? How many can I really grow in the small closet and should I scrog, just grow without topping or only keep 2 or 3?[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm no expert but I'm a few day ahead of you on my grow and I have just been spraying mine with water when they are dry on the soil like I said I'm not expert but I'm gonna subb up on this grow and go along on this journey with you best of luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  5. Thanks brother. Keep me posted on yours unless you have a journal then I'll follow

6. You can spray the plants and lightly water the soil. But don't let it get dry just keep it moist. They don't need nutrients for like two weeks as long as you have good soil. You can grow as many as you want but not recommended to have a lot. You can scrog one plant in that area if you wanted it just up to the grower. As far as topping if your going to scrog you will need to top. Topping will create more colas which can have higher yeilds. As far as putting a dome over them it's not necessary just make sure they good fresh air as they need it for growth. I also am growing under a P600

• Like Like x 2
  7. Great input and right in line with what I was assuming. My first batch of seeds dried out because I was an idiot and forgot I was going to be out of town but only 1 of 4 sprouted. Right now I have them I'm rapid rooters with 707 soil. I didn't expect all 7 to pop so I guess I'll let them all go for a few but il need to decide how many I'm keeping and what to do. I could keep the two best and scrog like originally planned or try up to 7, top each once and grow. Thoughts?

8. 707 is a good soil I have my outdoors in it. Yeah I mean it's up to you 7 will be a tight fit but can be done. Are they feminized or regular seeds?

9. All feminized. I may try to max at 4 but we'll see what happens in the next couple weeks

10. Yeah definitely subbed. I'm no professional but have some experience and done some research so any advice I can give I'll share.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Today is day 6 and all 7 sprouts are still doing good. I just did my first watering. I've only misted with R/O water until this point. I watered 3 plants (1 of each strain) with general hydroponics 3 part series which showed a dose of 250 of each which I did 125ml of each. Tested pH afterwards and it was at a 6. The other 4 plants got straight ph 6 water

12. [​IMG]

So far so good. Day 9. Misting once a day and just watered after 2+ days. I was trying to go 3 days between watering but they were getting dry

• Like Like x 2
  13. Looking good man I'm on day 10 with mine and just gave them there second watering today

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. might even have to max at 3. honestly 2 is ideal in that small space, just topped n lst well

also that 4 in clip fan will not do the job later. you'll want a oscillating fan to keep air moving around the room

15. Sunday was exactly two weeks after seeds being dropped. Here's a pic. So far so good I think. Starting to dry out so I'll be watering later. Currently have 7 but realistically it's probably too many for a 2*4 closet. Just hate to get rid of any. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  16. looks good. you're going to want to transplant to bigger containers very soon.

the longer you keep all 7, the more soil/nutes you'll be wasting. it's hard haha but toss the runts/slow growers If possible

17. Thanks brother. It's tough to cut bait but I'm in full agreement. I'm going to go another week and see if any start slacking. Right now they all look perky and similar in size except the Liberty Haze is a little smaller but no issues. My originally plan was to start with 7 seeds and have 4 sprout then weed out two runts around week 3. I had no faith that all 7 seeds would be this strong. My closet is 24" deep by 42" wide and 7' tall. Im thinking 3 might be max but also thinking maybe 4 or 5 and try to flower early and use this as a learning experience for the next round

• Like Like x 2
  18. Day 17.... The reduction has begun. I just transplanted 4 into 8" pots with a little bit of Great White granules #1 in the bottom of each. I then watered all plants with the last of the 1/3rd dilution of general flora nutes. All 7 plants looked great so I just kept one of each strain plus the next largest plant. The Liberty Haze might be a little smaller but not by much. I did keep the last 3 in solo cups just to make sure that 2 or 3 of the repotted flourish although they are almost to big for tge solo cups.

Future decisions/actions...
    1. When and how to top
    2. When and which method to LST or scrog
    3. I'll be adding the 4" clip fan and looking at LED height adjustment
    4. Potentially increasing nutes
    5. Still misting daily with R/O water
    6. Going to tweak power cords

Lessons learned so far...
    1. Had small gnats in the soil early on but once I let soil dry a little more between waterings they went away
    2. Didn't see any major difference in plants which were in Rapid Rooters to the one which wasn't
    3. The P600 led is deceivingly brighter then expected on the eyes so I just ordered some glasses[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2