Question about size,

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HashPlantHank, Apr 5, 2017.

1. I was wondering if my plants short stature coupled with it being ruderalis could mean that it is indeed a female ?, possibly feminized ? Because all of these the feminized plants I have seem to have ruderalis-like leaves as well, I have heard that females tend to stay shorter than males so that pollen is spread more efficiently so I'm wondering if this could be the case or if it's the ruderalis gene that keeps it small and bushy IMG_2173.JPG IMG_2175.JPG

2. I should add that it's a month old and just over a foot tall

3. The only way to 100% say it's a female is when it shows signs of being female. All else are guesstimations.
    That aside I'd say it is indeed female

Flush I did, I flushdid

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yes, the ruderilios genes keep it smallish. But I have had some autos get to 3 feet . Wasn't nessicarily a good thing.

5. Well I'm just guessing it's ruderalis based on the leaf structure because they fit the profile, it had put out a set of Indica-like leaves in the beginning but after trimming it's all back to rudy's(what Iv nicknamed them). So if it's some sort of indica/ruderalis cross then it would make sense that it stays small because indica is naturally medium sized And rudy's are naturally small. a sativa/ruderalis cross getting to about 3 feet makes sense because sativas grow tall, witch is still a moderate size but still large for an auto, correct ? I believe normal size for auto's is 60-70cm ?

Also, is it possible to get a male auto ? Just very un-likely ? How likely am I to come across a male Rudy ?

6. To answer your question....NO short and stocky does not mean 100% it's going to be female. If it was a true ruderalis at a month old it would be well into flowering.

...........by the way ease up on the nitrogen! You have some nitrogen toxicity starting with those clawed leaves.

7. i know im working on the toxicity, and it was just an idea ?, i said im assuming it has ruderalis genes because of the leave structure and i was asking if that was correct and i never said that short and stalky means female, people say that SOMETIMES short and stalky means that they are female, because females tend to stay shorter, im well aware males can end up short too, the point of the question was simple, i was asking if it was possible that it having ruderalis like leaves coupled with the fact that it stayed short and stalky could *Possibly* mean its a fem or if the short stature could be attributed to the *possibility* of it being of ruderalis decent. i said "auto-fem" because IMK auto feminized seeds come from selected ruderalis-crossed strains whos seeds have been altered with coloidal silver. i was not however implying that short and stalky means guaranteed female because by this point that would be a pretty ludacris assumption on my behalf. my apologies incase i wasnt clear enough i was fried when i posted it but it was just an idea i thought i might try and build on, thats all. im not entirely sure what i come off as but im obviously still learning and im obviously really into this all i do is research lately yet almost everytime iv posted lately i get atleast one person who thinks its stupid or whatever. i see posts on here all the time with new aprentice growers just trying to figure shit out and never have an issue and get loads of feedback, im just like them so i dont get it, sorry for the rant its just frustrating, i just want to learn so i can actually be good at it and not sound stupid but i kinda have to get there first, sorry if most of you think its stupid to rant like this over something small but i hope atleast one of you gets what im trying to say

8. We all have to start off somewhere. Yes, some posts get tons of feedback for small questions, right spot right time. A forum is doomed to have at least one asshole lurking about

Re-Start Grow #1

9. You can't a male flower period without it being grown out first. There just regular seeds. And you determine who is a male who is a female. More so recently I've seen some auto reg seeds. As a matter of fact seeds here now. Com had some male Mephisto auto seeds restock 2days ago

10. yeah true say