Quantum Board or COB 2x2x48 space

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kanehbosm420, May 19, 2019.

1. Hey guys just curious on your thoughts on these different lights. I am currently using and HLG 100v2. I have seen alot of people mention Cob lights. Is the HLG powerful enough for my space? Do I need more ? Should I add a cob or another 100 ?

2. there is no better than HLG lol, hence the name Horticultural Lighting Group.
    COB just means chip-on-board... there's plenty of 'chips-on-board' on a quantum board!

oh hey, and welcome to GC @kanehbosm420

• Like Like x 2
  3. Qb288v2 all day baby you wont be disappointed [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thanks for the welcome ! I like my HLG I just wondered how much light I actually needed for my smallish space , If I should plan on adding something or just let the 100v2 handle it. This is my first "legit" grow so I am trying to do it right

5. I have looked at these a few times, might be too much for a 2×2×48? What do you think ?

6. Get a dimmable driver and you'll be fine run a single qb288v2 they say it covers 2x2 space for flower

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. oh doh lol just read the title again 2'x2'. You need only one 288, maybe 2 if you run them at low power (for full coverage and to keep them low).

bro, you don't need much in that space. If anything, I would add a couple diodes on either side of your tent. I am playing with some diodes atm, reds, and blues, and you know, play, like grown men like to do :D

Think of adding simple diodes (that you can buy from many places, depends where you live) and use the side lighting to augment. May also consider lighting up UNDER the plant, as the data suggests an increase of ~20%.

here's a thread: LED lighting and effect on Photobiology

• Like Like x 2
  8. So you think the HLG 100 v2 with a few extra diodes on the side would be adequate ?

9. I like this idea as it would help me keep temps in line, I have to keep my tent in my garage , which has some climate control, but not very efficient. So if I can keep from running ac until July and August is ideal. Temps are usually around 79-82 at the moment. I switched to the 100v2 from a Vivosun blurple that had my tent hitting 90 everyday.

10. is your driver in the tent? if it is, remove it with some extra wire and place it above/beside outside the tent.
    temps! I think this is where we get the word temperance from !

11. Is 82° too hot ? It seemed to be doing better under the HLG

12. The left was on May 6th after being in the tent with the Vivosun for about a week, the right pic is from the 16th, 3 days ago.

Attached Files:

13. Drastically improved in 10 days under the HLG, also with better watering. I'm learning here.

14. Another thing to consider would be the Qb96 elites. Just build your own rig to save money. Or the have the sabers which are just as good as spyder. So you have options.

If it was my tent I'd run a single qb288v2 Rspec. Then maybe Down the road you could upgrade an add a second board. Dim both to 75% and you're golden. Mount drivers outside tent and you temps will never reach past 85 with a good 4inch exhaust fan. I run this on a 2x4 with 3x 288s works like a charm. Saves me money on ac and lighting. Win win

• Like Like x 1
  15. My 100 assembly was literally just plugging wires and screwing the driver to the board, how difficult is the 288, and what drivers would you recommend?

16. what spectrum is your 100 v2? I just bought a 2x2x55 tent for my 135 v2 4000k for veg and it is going to be plenty. If you have a 3000k, 100 that is also plenty, but if you could add a 4000k that would be better. I hated to split my 3000k and 4000k up but can only run one in a room in summer. 3500k is best germ to harvest and I see now spectrum is far more influential than watts with these new qbs. They all have max par at some point in their footprint no matter what they are. But, I hate tents, but you will get a lot more out of your small board in a 2x2 than others are getting in larger rooms.

17. Mine is 3000k

18. I have been looking at the 135 as well

19. yeah, I lucked into my setup because I didn't like the 3000k for veg so I bought a 4000k. The two combined are great. 2x2 is just the max perimeter. I would count on one nice plant with a 100, right in the sweet spot. One plant will fill 2x2, but it doesn't start out that way.

20. but yeah if you could add another 4000k 100 oh that would just be so fine. 200w in a 2x2 50w per square foot, old school, now who is lauhing? yeah, that might be a bit much....you'll see, I didn't believe it when they told me, had to buy it and see it now I see light even with my eyes closed.

• Like Like x 1