PS4Pro...

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by IllestVillain, Sep 10, 2016.

1. No UHD BR drive...

That is all.

2. I'm sorry what is a UHD BR drive? I assume it's Ultra High Definition Blu-Ray drive? (I sound a bit arrogant here and it's unintentional sorry) what does this mean for the gameplay? Or does it only effect the ability to watch films? I'm not too informed on technical terms and systems

3. If it isn't 4k what is the purpose of this console? Just to be capable of handing larger games?

• Like Like x 1
  4. There isn't any. HDR support is coming to original PS4 which is debated as being a bigger leap than higher resolution.

So even if you own a 4K tv. You'll need at least 20mbps download speeds (minimum) to stream video in UHD. You'll also need to have unlimited data usage because if your ISP enforces data caps you're going to blow through your monthly allowance in a week. Not to mention UHD BR disc have better bit rate so 4K on disc will still look better than 4K streamed.

The Xbox one slim has UHD drive. Sony shot themselves in the foot with this decision.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Thanks for clearing that up for me, one question , what does HDR stand for , more specifically the R. (Yes I'm aware I sound rather stupid here sorry)

• Like Like x 1
  6. range? from wackypedia...

High-dynamic-range imaging (HDRI) is a high dynamic range (HDR) technique used in imaging and photography to reproduce a greater dynamic range of luminosity than is possible with standard digital imaging or photographic techniques.

• Like Like x 2
  7. So in layman's terms greater graphics are coming to the original PS4? An upgrade at least, not at the level of 4K though?

8. i think its like a firmware update that will enable the system to handle some ultraHD stuff...i think mostly video.

i jumped ship. got a used pc tower from CL, gonna sell the ps4, use that cash plus some more to get a new video card. ill be 4k, VR... all that junk ready. just waiting for black friday or cyber monday to try and save some more

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sony's all like "GET OFF MY DICK!"
    and all their dick riders are like "Ok.. fine.."

10. Only reason I haven't made the switch to pc is due to the fact it's so easy to hack, and I dislike that idea of playing online fps games such as Rainbow Six Siege against people at a major disadvantage

• Like Like x 1
  11. #12 IllestVillain, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    I mean that's partly my point. This new ps4 is useless. Not many people own a 4k tv to start. You also have to have like 55"+ to appreciate media in that resolution at normal seating distance. HDR is being implemented on the current ps4. The gpu increase is negligible if they don't allow users to lock FPS @ 60. Absolutely no reason to upgrade if you already own a ps4 and you can save $200 by buying an original ps4. Perfect example of greed exploiting current market dominance.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Honestly the best thing about PC gaming is mod support. That is amazing. Multiplayer is huge for me tho. I enjoy the idea that when I boot up my console I am immediately on the same playing field as other people on the network (depending on connection strength of course) and that the software I am utilizing was developed specifically for the hardware I am implementing it on. I also like to keep business and pleasure separate haha.

Scorpio seems to be where its at tho as for as gaming.
    1)Next year release. (more time to put aside money for it)
    2)Full BC capability crossing two generations (X360+XB1)
    3) 6.5TFLOPs gpu performance (vs ps4pro's 4.2TFLOPs)
    4)UHD BR drive

13. On a specific game such as Grand Theft Auto mods are much more fun and supplement the gameplay greatly, whereas on console it can get boring and repetitive very quickly. The Scorpio actually sounds a whole lot better than the PS4 Pro , and I've been a PS fan from the first PlayStation the Pro seems like a waste of money, have they released prices for both consoles? What I also prefer about PC's are that a half decent setup can cost less than 2 consoles for example , and still be able to support future games meant for the next generation of console.

14. #15 Reth, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    Gonna be spending over 2500$ to make your rig 4k. And the shitty fact for ps4 is no mods for skyrim or fallout 4. Yet the Xbox has no difficulty.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thank god its a rip off cuz id feel pretty hurt knowing i could have just waited a year for a better ps4. But its trash

16. It is 4k. You can watch the gameplay in 4k at 60fps on playstations youtube channel. I watched it on my 4k tv and it was very impressive, it such beats the heck out of my gtx 970.

Edit:
    (Gameplay starts at 2:20)

17. There is a difference between NATIVE 4K and upscaled 4K.

Console games haven't even fully utilized 1080p resolution so this talk of 4K gaming is honestly ridiculous.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Check NewEgg dot com for some of the best deals on PC peripherals/hardware etc. Lots of sales and it's very tough to beat their prices anywhere.

J