Thr Doc's 4 strain MMJ garden: CBD Critical Cure and more ;-)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by DrCannaP, Aug 1, 2016.

1. #1 DrCannaP, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Here we go starting a new run with 4 strains. Numbered from 1 to 4 they're:

1-Barneys farm CBD critical cure
    2-Seedsman blueberry
    3-Greenhouse Trainwreck
    4-Barneys farm Amnesia Lemon (G13-haze seed didn’t make it!)

They will be grown in the same setup as the last run, in a 4x4ft (1.2x1.2m) tent and under 600w MH light with an 8" cool tube and 8" fan during veg. When I flip the light to 12/12, the 600w MH will be swapped with a 600w HPS and a 350W Optic Light CXB3070 4000 spectrum LED will be added to supplement the HPS and add a little blue to the spectrum.

The 4 girls will be grown hydroponically in a 4x General hydroponics waterpack acs which is pretty much a 4x waterfarms connected together and to a main controller res recirculating and aerating the nutrients solution. The 4 waterfarms are modified with holes added to allow the roots to grow down and into the nutrient solution in a DWC fashion (therefore there will be top drip feeding and DWC)

The plan is to FIM all 4 girls at least once then SCROG them all. Depending on how the 4 different strains veg, I'll decide later if they’ll be scrogged or grown normally with little training!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 DrCannaP, Aug 1, 2016
    For the sake of having some pics up, heres one (packaging of the seeds from the Single Seed Center) :)
    The G13 haze didnt make it and an Amnesia Lemon was started instead :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 DrCannaP, Aug 1, 2016
    Alright, on July 28th I placed the 4 seeds between wet paper towels and 24 hours later, the g14 haze broke open. 12 hours after that 3 out of 4 have germinated and after a total of 48 hours all 4 seeds have germinated.

While the seeds are germinating, I ran the system for 36 hours with RO water and GH FloraKleen to clean out the system and recycled hydrocorn. The system was then flushed and refilled with RO water with calmag at half the dose, Diamond nectar at recommended dose and no more than half the dose of FloraNova grow (I am only using the grow because I have plenty of it left. Otherwise I would be using the FloraNova bloom through out the veg and flowering cycles as it has enough N for the veg period). PH was then adjusted to 5.4 and will be allowed to drift up to 6.2 max! PPM final at 480. This was allowed to run for a day before the germinated seeds are placed directly between the wet hydrocorns!

Today, 3 of the 4 girls poked their heads out of the hydrocorns. The G13 haze isnt going to make it and that’s why I placed a BF Amnesia Lemon seed between wet paper towels last night and will place the germinated seed between the hydrocorns tonight.

Feel free to ask questions, share your experience or even critisize lol …. One thing I ask of yall is respect :) that is towards one another and the grow room ;-)

Happy growin yall ;-)

4. CBD critical cure, Blueberry and Trainwreck are all above ground (though trainwreck still got the seed husks cupping it hah) and the amnesia lemon germinated seed just went in the hydrocorns. Until next update :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. As of today all are above ground .... the Amnesia Lemon is still working on losing the seed :)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Word from experience, get an air pump and four air stones and put one in each bucket. I loved my waterfarms but when the roots get big they can choke out the dripper. I'm assuming you've ran these systems before but if not just wanted to throw my .02 in. I'll be along for the ride.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thanks bro and I appreciate the lookout .... Ive run this system before and yoi are correct. With modifying it into also a DWC air stones must be added to each and every res and have that run 24/7. Thats exactly how mine is set up ;-) .... those airstones with that large pump and the nute recirculation run around the clock ...and the pump running the top drippers run with the lights only ... i really appreciate the look out beo thanks and appreciate the tips ;-)
    My last run, the roots clogged up the recirc piping. My lesson is to manicure the roots if i veg long :)

8. Thanks for the sub bro ;-)

9. I had never considered that before; DWC with lights off and both with it on. I wish I had the stones in the bottom when I ran because all of mine looked awesome and grew like crazy until the drippers stopped.

I also wanted to try drip clean to see if that would keep the drippers a little less clogged (outside of the roots growing up there).

Maybe the next time I try them I'll be able to, unless I decide just to do an undercurrent system. Dying to build a pole barn in the mix and get my hands on some Current Culture XL 12's... Hydro veg times are just so amazing compared to even coco it's hard to consider anything else.

How long do you plan on vegging these for? You may have said and I'll go back and reread but figured I'd ask.

And glad to be here! Getting back into the hydro side of things so that once I harvest my outdoor I'll be decided on my next grow op what I really want to dive into and run!

Steviodaddios Medical Perpetual

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah its great that way. The roots thrive and explode in growth especially once they hit the bottom res (ajd become dwc) ... theres extra awration and then when the roots fill the bottom res, the extra aeration becomes a must yo prevent (at least avoid) suffocation ;-)
    I use floranova and thats very thick and would build up in the system after a while .... also with having a live res (beneficial microbes in) theres always biofilm and buildups in the system. Good to flush or run just plain water for a day or 2 then raise the nutes back up slowly
    Ya know what??? Im still not sure what to do ... the original plan was to scrog them like my last run. And having 4 girls will fill the screen faster which means the chance of the roots overgrowing the size of the res is resuced. But then do I have the time and energy to harvest another 3/4 of a kilo? Thats what im not sure about. My last run, with the hiccups towards the end, yielded about .75 of a kilo. If I perfect thisbrun itll be at least close to the last run if not more. That was A LOT of work lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think you can get it man! How big were they to get 6-7 ounces a plant? I'm going to run a quick run of 4-6 in the ones I have just to get something quick flowering at my next small site I'm setting up and would be very content with even 5 ounces per plant. To hit 6-8 would be prime though.

I'll have to remember to just flush them for a day or two like you mention. I'm giving drip clean a shot too. It's so cheap for how long it lasts that even if it saves me a little headache or makes them last a bit longer from cleaning then it's worth it!

Steviodaddios Medical Perpetual

• Like Like x 1
  12. Quick update ... all are growing well and the Amnesia Lemon is catching up to the other seedlings ... theyre are growing at a decent rate and comparable to previous grows ... once the roots hit the bottom res, they'll take off!
    I'll count today as day 1 of Veg :)
    20160814_194535.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nice, I'll be using barneys seeds next season, I'll be following along with your grow :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks buddy and welcome aboard ... Barneys got some good strains and I grew a few of them and got more of theirbseeds to pop .... really looking forwardbto their pineapple chunk and their tangerine dream

15. Day 6 of veg.
    Quick update.
    As you can see from the pics below, the blueberry is taking off in growth. There will be a second surge in growth once her roots hit the nutrient solution in the waterfarm bottom res. The same goes to the three others. The ppm was raised up to 500 only by topping off with RO and Armor Si (GH silica sup) and FloraNova grow, a little greatwhite benefitial microbes and GH subM poured around the roots of the 4 little girls. PH adjusted to 5.6 and will be allowed to drift up.
    Pics below:
    Group shot then bottom right and going clockwise critical cure, blueberry,trainwreck and amnesia lemon
    Til next update, happy growin :)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Day 13 of veg quick update:
    As you can see in the pics, the blueberry (2nd pic) is growing wildly after her roots hit the bottom res. The 3 outhers are trailing behind especially the amnesia lemon which was germinated and sprouted about a week after the others. Its still growing very slowly and not sure whether it's due to its genetics (bad seed) or because its the most sativa (supposedly) of the 4. Time will tell!
    Anyway, once the roots of the others hit the bottom res, they'll catch up.
    PH was up to 6.1 today after it was adjustrd a week earlier and was lowered again to 5.6. It will be allowed to drift back up again slowly to 6.1.
    Til next update, happy growing yall :)
    Pics: Critical Cure, Blueberry, Trainwreck then Amnesia Lemon
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. Day 20 of veg quick update
    The growth, as tou can see in the pics, is explosive especially in the blueberry and the critical cure is certainly not too far behind. The 2 girls in the back are behind especially the amnesia lemon (back right) whose roots havent hit the bottom res yet!
    The blueberry got the FIM above the 6th node (or i should say right at the 7th and 8th junction) as ya can see in the last pic
    The ppm was raised slightly to 530 a couple of days ago.
    Could it be the sativa genetics in the back two girls (plus the 5 days delay in germinating the amnesia lemon) thats resulting in the slower growth than the 2 in the front (indica and indica dom)??
    Happy growin yall ;-)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Check out my new QuadStrain grow :
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1416641/

• Like Like x 2
  18. A quick update
    Yesterday I raised the ppm only slightly to 580. The girls are growing fine and not showing any sign of deficiency so i dont need to overdrive the nutes. All but the Amnesia lemon have their roots in the bottom res in the nutrient solution. They can absorb what they need.
    Now i checked the height of the girls compared to the scrog screen height, and the blueberry is almost at the screen level and the others still got 4-6 inches to go to catch up. The blueberry will be SUPERCROPPED eventually....but now and to slow her down a little (and also for the sake of preventing the roots from clogging the recir tubing) i pruned the blueberry roots that are dipping in the bottom res. Hopefully this will slow her down a bit for the ithers to catch up. Once they are ready fornthe screen to go up, I'll prune all of their roots that are dipping in the nutrient solution before I start training the branches. 2-3weeks max of training then flip. During those 2 weeks of training the roots will grow back in the nutrient solution. This should also help bush out the roots more before flowering
    More updates and photos to follow tomorrow .... happy growing yall

• Like Like x 1
  19. Day 27 of veg update:
    Pruning the blueberry roots didnt slow her down ... lmfao shes a beast as you can see in the first pic (bottom left). The critical cure and trainwreck both got the FIM today above the 6th node (at the 7th and 8th junction like the blueberry) see 2nd and 3rd pics. The amnesia lemon will be FIMed there too in a few days).
    Look at the size of the leaves of the blueberry (4th pic) and the critical cure (5th pic)
    Anyway so there are changes to the nutrient solution as well!. I removed about a 1/3 to 1/2 the nutes from the res (17.5L bottle) and replaced it with fresh bottle of RO with GH Armor Si at the recommended dose then added Cal-Mag+ at rec dose of 1ml/L. I then added diamond nectar at the rec dose too then finally FloraNova grow at full dose (because i havent run out of it yet. Otherwise it would have been bloom from start to finish). Now I emptied this bottle of full rec dose into the res which already contains half the nutrients in. The final ppm is set at 850 with the pH at 5.6 (after diluting with the old res nutrient solution). I do this so that i dont shock the roots too much plus because I run a live res and I want to keep the beneficial microbes herds in
    Til next update .... Happy growin yall
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. BTW, the growth that I clipped when doing the FIM went into my coffee this AM. I read somewhere and some time back that those new shoots have some good nutritional value .... eitherway, what do ya have to lose?!

• Like Like x 1