plant seems small for 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Averagejoetryntogro, Jul 3, 2017.

1. I'm growing a critical + 2.0 from dinafem and it seems kinda small for 2 weeks old. I'm using a 600watt MH bulb, and I keep it about 30 inches from the plant for 24hrs. The temp is always around 75F and humidity is always between 50% and 60%. I always wait till the top inch of soil is dry before I water, which is about every 2 days. Any input would be great.

2. That's doesn't look like soil? What is it? You should be watering less, and need to get better soil and drainage. Something with perlite.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dude what's that medium?

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

4. I don't know what kind of soil you're using but it doesn't look good. You will have very slow growth for a couple reasons - too small of a plant in too large of a pot and there is no perlite or anything in it for aeration. Fast growth only happens when there's plenty oxygen in the root zone. The pic is 2 weeks old in a 50/50 perlite/coco mix.

2 weeks.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  5. It's soil from outside. I picked out alot of shit, but as you can tell there is still some stuff in there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I took the plant from someone who didn't want it. So I didn't have much planning time.

7. Looks like he is growing in sand. I did my grow last time 50/50 soil and sand. But obviously he needs nutrients, feed them some npk not just water.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Good luck with your grow.

• Like Like x 1
  9. aight so...problem number one...the medium...transplant immediately to something designated for pot plants Google it ...then find it in your area...as soon as that's done we can start from there.. keep us posted...and do take the advice given by all in this thread so far....what you have going WILL not go anywhere.....also buy something to measure ph and ec..and quality nutrients.

good luck and good grows keep us posted

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I went totally against the grain my last grow, I grew in boxes with garbage bags lol and 1 hole on side for drainage. 50/50 ecoscraps soil and coarse sand. Alaska fish fert. And some off jobes organic flowering fert. And full CFLs. Few pics. Everyone always trying to flame the next man. Is what it is. You can grow without perlite, that part is not mandatory. My current grow is pure coco and no perlite.[​IMG][​IMG]

11. If it were me I would move it to better soil. But as it is, its dying quickly from lack of ferts. Grab a cheap bottle of miracle grow from Walmart npk is 12-4-8. Water them with half dose. That's 1 half teaspoon per gallon. That will allow your plant nitrogen it needs for now. And do some research in the meantime of a soil medium you want to use. And then obviously transplant.

12. I would transplant asap into a smaller pot and buy some Bette soil. That soil looks like you stole it from the near by playground from under the swing

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ok so I will transplant as soon as I get my new soil. I sprinkled some garden lime on top in the meantime.Do I need a new pot as well? I'm also open to suggestions on a new medium. I'll have to go to the grow store and buy everything since the soil around here is too Sandy. I'm a little lost here to be honest.

14. You can quickly do this, buy blackgold at Walmart, perlite, and mix those 50/50. Very carefully remove plant without disturbing the roots to much. Then transplant. Just my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. New soil and new pot. Although it's possible to grow in that container. You would only have to water the middle of the container around plant. Make sure that the plants have air flow and a pot with good drainage

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ive been watering in a circle around the plant with a spray bottle if that matters. I water out past the plant to promote new root growth, but only about an inch or so.