Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.
  1. Anyone out there that has always said "weed does nothing for pain for me" who eventually found a strain that actually helped with chronic pain? Im no amateur, ive had hundreds of strains in my life and not a single one did anything as far as reducing pain. Ive got a seed vault that would make just about everybody jealous but none of them do a damn thing for chronic pain.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Have you tried edibles???

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Magical butter and edibles for me edibles do more for my body, have you tried sharks breath? That one helped my back ,knee and tooth ache

• Like Like x 3
  4. Oh yeah.

5. Never heard of it. Might have to look for that one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think it depends on the type of pain. With acute pain it might make it worse.

It works well for nerve pain, at least it did with me. And for me a mix of CBD and THC works best, but we're all different.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. RA pain here. Mostly hands and back. I wouldn't go so far to say that it helps with pain in the way a opioid painkiller does. But for me it definitely dulls it and/or distracts from it. Lately I've been eating delta-8 edibles on top of my normal consumption. No direct pain reduction, but I have started and finished more things without the pain interfering as much as without the delta 8. Placebo effect? Who knows. As far as regular weed the couch lock type does more for my pain than the Sativa type if that helps any.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I knew this. That's why I go to a pain clinic that allows for me to have both marijuana and pills

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. By beans i meant seeds from all different breeders. I dont do the opiates.

10. I don’t think weed totally takes away chronic pain but it does distract your mind to where it’s manageable and helps me sleep.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. No offense but I'm not sure you know chronic pain if weed is enough to distract your mind from it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. What kind of pain?
    There are many herb and plant which work for various things, so if cannabis doesn't work for you, maybe another one could do.
    Really depends on the pain and your personal chemistry.
    Heard dandelion reduction can make some pain killer for joints and muscles.
    Id rather nibbles on poppy flowers than take pharmaceuticals any day..
    Anyways, weed doesn't kill my pain but it helps.
    I'm guessing if you have a seed bank akin to me, prolly more, you aren't gonna find the magic in the cannabis, Just distractions. However there is a world of plants out there. A lot of them have crazy beneficial properties and just take some searching.
    Just found out Yarrow has crazy good benefits, helps tooth ache(however so does clove and chamomile), and period pains. Not great for me, except by proximity, however always good to know...
    And regardless of what I take, my excercise- and self care is paramount. I have had severe back pains/spasms half my life. This winter started developing some sciatica to boot which isn't fun.
    Anyways, best of luck with your search man

• Like Like x 2
  13. #13 GorillaGherkin, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    Not saying weed is a cure all but with meds, diet, exercise, weed, n a few other substances I’ve managed to get through my day to day.
    Lost 40 pounds hit the gym 4-5x a week, eat anti inflammatory foods daily, walk 13-22 miles a day, and try to learn my limits while pushing myself to do more daily. No dr or pill can cure certain pain just gotta learn to deal with it and live life. For me Pain was a mindset I was depressed and felt sorry for myself got red flagged at a few clinics and dr took me off some meds so I had no choice but to do something for myself. I have arthritis in both shoulders and elbows and nerve damage down my spine from accidents feel better at 42 than I did at 22 now that I’m taking care of myself.

• Like Like x 5
  14. I received 50mg cbd oil capsules to test and both yesterday and today, when sitting, they knocked my shoulder pain into the next zip code. My cbd strains help with the shoulder burn, but these 50mg oil capsules far exceed those. I take 2 per day. One in morning and one 6 hours later. I could tell last night when a little past the 6 hour mark, pain started its way back and attack.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Have u tried making your own BNWHashcaps r amazing

16. BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    Kat's original thread.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    My work on the same recipe.

My pain is post surgical from having most of my Colon removed ( large Intestine ) 3 rounds of Surgery. The Cut is an upsidedown T from hip to hip and up to my navel.

Anything can trigger it. Tying my shoes, Sneezing, To many deep knee type bending motions. It's always delayed reaction pain that hits 45 minutes later and i have to think back " Just WTH did i do" to trigger it?

Agonizing PAIN! Drop me to my knees with tears in my eyes doing my best not to simply SCREAM !!!
    It feels like somebody has their hand in my guts and is trying to rip them out through my navel. That alternates with the sensation of a long bladed knife shoved in my belly slowly until it stops at a back rib then twists in a clockwise direction 2 full turns. If it wasn't so blasted painful the sensation is quite fascinating.

Cannabis. High THC cannabis switches it all off. Keeps it off unless I really get crazy doing tons of yard work I shouldn't do and even then I can snuff the pain with more edible oil. It quite literally gave me back my life. Yes I'm still limited but it really is amazing how many other aches and pains and wearing out parts Cannabis helps keep from squeaking loud enough to be heard.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. There's no 'one size fits all' when it comes to pain management. Weed may not be the solution to your problems. Good luck in your search.

• Like Like x 1
  18. These 50's are still keeping my shoulder pain in check while sitting. Such a pleasant surprise. I've tested quite a few cbd products and the 50's lead the pack. Think I will enter them in the Olympics.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Don't know of this helps or not but my doc told me to look for strains with high Myrcene, Caryophellene, Limonene. It really made a difference. I use it for severe pain from an injury from Chemo.

Sent from my moto g fast using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Very sorry to hear about your chemo use. Glad you've found some pain relief. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1