Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chronic Pain OsteoArthritis Cannabis and pain: a Journal.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by tzorge, Apr 20, 2018.

1. So following discussion with my osteopath/acupuncturist i will be doing less updates.

The thinking being that being focused on your problem does not help solve it.
    So i will limit my updates to 1 a day unless there's a real reason.

Medication: yesterday I had 6 caps and 2 squirts of GD.

Smoothie:
    5g turmeric
    1tsp coconut oil
    1tsp freshly ground pepper
    1tsp honey
    1tsp cinnamon.
    1 tsp macca powder
    10 drops 3% Raw Endoca CBD oil
    2 squirts GD (~ 1 ml)
    1/2 Small Mango
    2 Small Bananas
    1 Yogurt full fat.

At times the pain was substantial 8/10 particularly in the morning.

By afternoon, I was much better, though the high, was really sky high, seems the GD is more potent than the last batch I made.

I will be infusing either coconut oil with cayenne pepper, on its own, and exclude the turmeric.

What I want to achieve is depletion of Substance P. This is a substance responsible for feeling of chronic pain, which follows a different pathway to normal pain(i.e. cutting a finger).

More information can be found here.

Pain today is down to 6/10, and my mood is good.

Had a cap of unknown buggy seed i grew.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Had a further 4 caps yesterday, and a squirt of GD

I did a bit of gardening and was expecting a shitstorm today but pain is down to 4/10.
    And there's more for me today too.

Really positive and feeling good.

Will do another smoothie, but adding kefir instead of yogurt.

No progress on the cayenne topical.

3. Had a total of 5 caps yesterday, and a further 2 squirts of GD.
    plus smoothie.

Pain went up, at some point yesterday but again today i am down to 4/10.
    The gardening work does not appear to be stressing my condition too much.

Having a cap now and smoothie later.

On another note got me some Blueberry auto's and critical 2.0 which just popped today.

4. Yesterday was a good day, til about 20:00, pain shot up to a 7ish.

Today it's more like a 5, both hands a bit stiff and feel tired.

I did very little with my hands yesterday,

Medication:
    1 cap already and smoothie with 12 drops cbd 3% and 2 squirts of GD.

Got me some endoca cbd crystals to add to the topical.
    Found some emu oil to help with the absorption.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yesterday I had some gardening work, which i completed more or less easily and successfully.

Pain went up a bit very late last night.

Today i am at 5ish maybe bit more.

Today, cap 1 was a White Widow grew along mixed with CBD shish.

The 3% oil is finishing and i will be increasing this to 15%. Again this is from endoca, its their raw version which contains CBDA.

6. Pain shot up around 18.00 yesterday. took me by surprise was kinda of used to the 4, went up to a 7 possibly 8.

Typing is fucking annoying!
    right hand is bad mostly on the wrist, fingers are ok.
    been reading (thanks granny storm crow) a bit here and there,
    i've had 2 caps already, LHA and WW both with cbd shish.
    about time to take my smoothie.

Pain is at 7/10.

7. In some foul mood, maybe another flair up?

3 caps already, 1 LHA, 2 WW with cbd endoca sheesh.

Woke up and both wrists feel hot, heat goes up to pinky fingers in both hands.
    right hand looks a bit whiter, off colour and slightly swollen. moving my fingers and wrist feels like they are on a gear. My right index finger hurts when pressing keys.

writing this paragraph has made the right wrist hurt.

8. #28 tzorge, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Pain is down again, 5/10 but still there.

had 2 caps, on to 3.

Smoothie with 4 drops of 15% CBD, this looks golen, almost like GD, taste is different too.

Still not done much on the cream.

Typing is easier though it's still annoying.

Note: Weather turned bad yesterday but until late night bad weather subsided, pain flare up might be related.

9. Do you think that the cold makes your pain worse?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not necessarily the cold but rather I think that Barometric pressure changing affected somewhat my wrist joints. I think it's the sudden change that does it.

Our weather has been extraordinarily sunny, hot and with no rain, yesterday we got cloud and rain for 8 hours which subsided and its full sun today.
    It's such sudden swings i think.

11. Have had trouble sleeping.
    I've been up since 5:00 could not make myself/hands comfortable.

first cap of the day, buggy seed i grew.

Will go straight for 2nd.

Pain is at 5-6/10

Smoothie is on the menu.

12. My wife has osteoarthritis in her knees and I made a spray with alcohol. She uses it several times a day when they start to hurt. She says it’s working... I used the Blueberry strain and soaked it on alcohol for 6 weeks. Shaking the bottle once a day. Strained it and let half evaporate over a two week period. It’s almost black in color. Next batch I may add some additional healing herbs like comfrey to the mix. I’ve also seen on YouTube that there are great results from using raw leaves to make a juice. You may want to check into it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Thanks a lot for your input.
    As luck would have it i have a blueberry auto growing as we speak! unfortunately it is not legal to grow here. So i smoke what i can get.

I bought essential oils, cbd crystals (and possibly comfrey, having read this thread) and am waiting for EMU oil to arrive and then i will post my luck with a topical.

I was thinking of transferring THC from my GD to the topical, your experience would also point to that direction.

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience.

14. Hot joints again (no barometric swing).
    Pain at 5/10.
    cap 1 is WW.
    Smoothie will be on the menu.
    Once i get the emu oil i will start the topical.

15. Woke up to warm joints.
    Yesterday the pain went up in the afternoon. While driving i had to use one hand.

Pain is at 6/10.
    i am at cap 3 and will be going to 4.
    Running out of lemon haze fast... hash finished too.

Found a uk site that sells cbd (3-5%) hemp, for circa 70 pound a kilo. wonder if i will be able to get it post to the eu?

Even at 3% at a kilo i would be getting 30 grams of cbd for 70 pound, definitely worth a try, but i am a bit shy of having a kilo of weed delivered to me. ;)

16. In real pain now. 8-9/10

Will do cap 6 now WW and a squirt of GD.

17. Last night we had rain.
    I woke up at pain:5/10.
    joints were not as hot as yesterday but still feel hot.

on cap 3 will be doing a smoothie soon

18. What a disappointment... there was a protest for the legalisation of medical, there were about 40-50 patients and their families.. people would go by commenting how the entire country will become potheads and stoners... the middle ages indeed!

Pain is down to 4/10 at last.

On cap 1

Note: Bad weather/rain started at around 22:00, we are expecting a final wave of bad weather today, I wonder how the pain will progress.

19. Pain kinda follows the weather, to a point.

Woke up at 5,6/10
    Have had 2 caps and am on the 3rd.
    Will be rainy again in the afternoon so i am expecting just before that. Will observe.

20. Pain did shoot up, whilst the bad weather was incoming.
    It seems to follow the swings of weather.

Pain: Woke up at a good 7/10, left hand in much better shape.
    2 caps lemon haze and 1 cap ww so far.
    I have to note that black market weed is not really cutting it. not implying mine is dank, just that what is available is really low quality.
    vape time is a good indication, i seem to get half as much out of the lemon haze than i do from either the WW or the unknown buggy seed i grew.
    same goes for pain, 2,3 caps on my crop takes away the edge, with the lemon haze i just keep on making cap after cap..