Organic food for plant

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MartyMar77, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Hey this my first grow and I was wondering what is a I can feed my plant organic food

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I'm using general organics grow and bloom and cal mag. They're actualy vegan , not that I care about some vegan crap , but it's really good and not expensive.
    If you wanna go organic with success I can tell you a really good formula
    1 promix myco (soilessmix)
    2 general hydroponics grow
    3 general hydroponics bloom
    4 general organics cal mag
    5 a bag of earthworm castings.
    6 something along the lines of great white shark mycorzhae , beneficial bacteria that attaches to the roots makes the roots way more stable and healthy. They break down the nutrients so the plant can use em better and easier.
    Then you can get into making guano teas and shit like that ..foliar feeding a plant spraying the leafs with a nice tea can really make a difference and organics are awesome.

3. I meant general hydroponics. Sorry I always mess those names up. Another company that's organic that worked amazing is Pura Vida. It's expensive but dam I got some good results from it what are you growing in and what kind of light are you using.

4. She in flowering now so do I still use the same things and how do I make the tea and Can I sprayed it on the leaves during flowering?

5. Is this a list of products of things I have to make and if so where do I buy them

6. It all comes made and ready to use brother.
    Promix comes in bags like any soil would only it's got no soil it's perlite coco and Pete moss....it basically just holds the roots , you feed them by hand watering them. Hand held hydroponics basically. It's a great medium to grow in.

You can get all this stuff at a hydroponic or garden store
    Grow bloom and calcium magnesium ...earthworm shit comes by the bag too . It's really easy system and works kick ass.
    One quarte bottle of grow is like 15 bucks same as bloom. And calmag too about 15 bucks. You add a cap full or teaspoon per gallon of water and pour it into the soIL. I'm gonna upload a couple pics to show you now. Be right back. Just have to run downstairs. I'm on ig and I swear I follow a Martymar77. You on ig? If so private message me. I'll tell you who I am. It's not so common name thats why I ask.

7. Sorry man. I don't know why my phone did that. Posted 3 times. Crazy ass stupid smart phones.

8. Di
    In flower I wouldn't wanna spray anything on the leafs. I'd just stick to using the nutrients. You doing outdoor or indoor
    Food for thought. To get your plant to produce as much as possible a good thing to keep in mind is you wanna grow as many leafs and branches as possible and keep em green as far through flower as you can , right till the end when you stop nitrients and let the plant clean itself out. That's a good thing about organics. You don't have to go get clearex and wash all the nutrients out.

9. it pains me to see when someone asks about how to grow organically and people tell him to buy bottled synthetic nutrients... SMH...

OP if you truly want to go organic you should read up on how to mix your own organic soil which you can grow in using mostly water only. and the best part? you can reuse this soil over and over cutting your future costs to almost nothing. instead of having to keep buying bottles of nutrients.

for the soil recipe and watering schedule i suggest you look at the first post in the no-till thread
    https://forum.grasscity.com/posts/?post_id=22464370

there's also more info on soil building in the soil for beginners thread, first few pages should contain most of the relevant information.
    Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners

also if you are up for more reading i can suggest skimming over the old no-till thread, the first 50 pages or so have tons of useful info.
    No-Till Gardening

HTH

• Like Like x 2
  10. The best organic food which you can give to your plants is humus. You can use leaves and vegetable wastes to feed your plants. Put the waste and leaves surrounding the plants and wait until it gets decayed. Then it'll turn into a black organic substance (humus) which will give your plants the sufficient nutrients and increases the ability of the soil to retain water. I think How To Have A Pest-Free Garden | In The Back Yard will be useful for you as you are a beginner in gardening. It is always better to use organic products for gardening rather than fertilizers and pests.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Hey nutts, sounds like you know what's up, I was wondering if you ever used kushman's vegamatrix? Im no newb but never grew veganic and heard it really pumped up the terpine profile and I cant seem to find a thread on it unless you buy direct from him or get the grow app. I bought a cheap startet kit from amazon w/no instructions whatsoever. Fuckin amazon. Any experience ot thoughts would greatly be appreciated. Stay Green

Sent from my LGLS675 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Merigolds and catnip keeps away pesky insects and most small animals. Then you gotta watch out for cats rolling in your lovelies, lol.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. does anyone even know what's in this product line?? i checked the MSDS for these products and they all say the same thing:
    "Pure Life Vegamatrix Grow ingredients and the chemical identity of the compounds and their exact proportions used in the mixture are a trade secret."

idk about you but i like to know what i give my plants. also consider the huge price for buying all these bottles (@60$ a gallon with a 6 product line ...do the math..). btw vegamatrix says its only 95% natural...i guess the rest is a secret?

want to grow "veganic"? here is a soil recipe you can use with water only for the most part with the ocational application of malted barely and neem meal.

Base:
    Equal parts:
    CSPM (Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss)
    Aeration (Pumice/Lava rock)
    Compost - Malibus B/U is an excellent choice if it is available in your area.

Amended per CF with:
    1/2 - 1 cup Neem or Karanja meal
    1/2 - 1 cup Kelp meal
    1/2 - 1 cup Crab/Crustacean meal (can replace with lime if you want veganic)
    1 cup MBP (Malted Barley Powder)

1/2 cup Gypsum (nice sulphur source)
    4-6 cups Basalt dust
    6-8 cups Biochar

***Small handful of worms per container***

there you go, a veganic, reusable soil blend that will cost you less then a single round of bottles and you will probably have leftovers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. "Bought a cheap starter kit"

Hey, I was wondering - does Kushman still say not to use worm castings in your garden because they aren't "veganic"?

:)

J

• Like Like x 1
  15. he actually said that?? that's hilarious!

wasn't he the one who doesn't believe in microbes cause he never seen them? lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. So w
    That's because worms eat organic matter kush man says it's not veganic? I'm not so sure honestly , but I do love the biothrive line of general organics they're so easy to use with the ewc and promix.
    It's crazy all the stuff that goes into this growing. It'd really find something and if it works tweak it till it's the best it can be. I'd never heard of veganic feeding till this past run...as long as it's organic I'm OK with it. One thing I absolutely love about the biothrive line is it automatically drops the ph of my 9 ph tap water to a perfect 6ish. Works great. I was using Pura Vida and that was great but twice the price. 2 x the price definitely doesn't mean 2 x as nice. With biothrive I start feeding nutes at 1/4th strength when the 4th set of fans pops out. 20160911_234227.jpg already fimmed this girl. They're popping branches and a new set of fans every day now. Veganic is pretty cool.

17. I guess nanotechnology and atoms don't exist either. Has he ever looked at a root system that's been fed and bred beneficial bacteria ? It's a completely different root system. Way more stable. It's got all the little branches off the sides of the larger roots.

18. Hey buddy. Thanks. You wanna go veganic the G.O. Line biothrive is awesome. It really works great and it's not expensive. Promix myco , ewc , high number bat guano , a little extra perlite biothrive grow and bloom and G.O. calmag+ that's a Great beginners system right there it's basically fool proof. With the veganic grow and bloom and the dolomite lime the ph stays perfect time. I've been trying all sorts of ways to mess it up with no luck. The moment my plants hit their 4th set I can start feeding a quarter strength feed to em. I'm really happy with it.

What came in the starter kit?

19. A go
    Friend tried using compost and ended up with maggots in the soil. Compost scares me because I really don't understand it. So I stick to promix myco and hand fed hydroponics...even the pumps make me cringe. Reservoirs and all that. Not my thing. I've used em. Some nft, ebb and flow, and dwc, but hand watered grows just as fast and is just less mess to deal with. If I had time to really spend down there like I used to I'd love to build soils and learn that , but I just don't have the time.

20. Idk what compost your friend used but maggots don't live in compost. My guess it was soldier fly larvae and the compost probably wasn't finished.

Why does compost scare you?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1