Nutrient advice please

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Ganja smoking youth, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Hi GC. I've been reading a lot of nutrient posts which states that in the veg stage of your plant, you should feed her nitrogen fertilisers, and in the flowering stage, you should feed her phosphorus. I have a couple of questions, should I add nitrogen to the original pot when I start her indoors before planting outdoors? And should I add this nutrients to the soil mix, or add it to water when I water her? Also, this nutrients bought has nitrogen and phosphorus, so should I add it during veg and flower?
    Thanks for any replies,
    GSY

Attached Files:

2. You want a balanced soil from the start that contains everything. In a healthly soil the plant will take whatever nutes it needs when it needs it.

Building a soil like this is not an easy to thing to figure out. Thats why you should copy one of the proven recipes as closely as you can.

this one for example...
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tomato-tone from Espoma works great. Only thing I add to that is kelp meal and glacial rock dust.

Nztmxdw.jpg
    1.5 lbs, 1kw, 10 gal pots

• Like Like x 3
  4. I've already bought some soil with peat in with a ph of 5.5

5. That looks interesting, I'll give it a proper read in a bit. Most of those nutes I don't have access too. Would bone meal work instead of crab meal? And is it actually a good idea to add worms to your soil?

6. What country are you in?
    Not sure about the bonemeal, it might be to rich and need a while to break down in your soil.

It's 100% a good idea to add worms. They do so much for the health of your soil.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm in U.K., I can get access to Epsom salts, calcified seaweed, sulphate of pot ash, fish, blood and bone, bone meal and chicken manure. Should I have the worms in when my plant is in there?
    Cheers,
    GSY

8. better than crab meal...
    Seafeed Chitin Enriched Compost

As soon as your soil is in the pot I'd add worms. You always want worms in your pots. In nature fertile soil with no worms is incredibly rare.

Can't Live Without Me | The Adventures of Herman the Worm | U of I Extension
    "
    I'll bet you think that the earthworm is only good for fishbait. Well, think again. The earthworm is one of nature's top "soil scientists." The earthworm is responsible for a lot of the things that help make our soil good enough to grow healthy plants and provide us food.

Worms help to increase the amount of air and water that gets into the soil. They break down organic matter, like leaves and grass into things that plants can use. When they eat, they leave behind castings that are a very valuable type of fertilizer.

Earthworms are like free farm help. They help to "turn" the soil—bringing down organic matter from the top and mixing it with the soil below. Another interesting job that the worm has is that of making fertilizer. If there are 500,000 worms living in an acre of soil, they could make 50 tons of castings. That's like lining up 100,000 one pound coffee cans filled with castings. These same 500,000 worms burrowing into an acre of soil can create a drainage system equal to 2,000 feet of 6-inch pipe. Pretty amazing for just a little old worm, don't you think?

Having worms around in your garden is a real good sign that you have a healthy soil."

• Like Like x 4
  9. Thanks for the help! :)

10. No problem, that site is a great source for organic composts, ewc etc

11. +1 for the no till, the easy beginner mix can easily be turned into no till as well... (both in the stickies) heres some people to watch on youtube if your interested:
    Joshua Steensland and brownguy420

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Will tomato nutrients work for bud?

13. I know tomato tone from epsoma is good, you can also use garden tone.. should be availible at lowes, wal mart, any garden center really

• Like Like x 1
  14. Heard of this brand? (Sorry for th blur)

Attached Files:

15. no, i havent.. but someone else might have. I see its a liquid fert, you want powder if your mixing an organic soil.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I bought this nutrients earlier thinking it would be good, but thinking again, will it release too much nitrogen in flowering? :(

Attached Files:

17. Did you buy miracle grow? Or is that what customers also bought? But either way that is way higher in npk than anything I've ever seen before. You should just follow the no till recipe or the beginner mix.. there pretty simple

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yeh, that's what I bought. Guess I wasted my money again :/

19. Hehe it's a learning process. Good luck bro. Jerry swears by chicken poop. He even told me to try it on my corn flakes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1