Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No weed since 1978 : will visit CO - brief me on "candy" or "bud" strength

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by VNAV LNAV, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Not joking. None consumed - due to my former :speechless: profession, <<< Now Retired.>>>>

We didn't want to risk an insanely long quarantine (upon departure) for a typical trip to Europe, after require testing, therefore decided to soon go to C. Springs, and will finish with about four nights in Boulder + Denver.

Seeing the products in weed shops, and if you don't like smoke in your lungs,
    A) How do you estimate the strength of A Piece of what appears to be candy....maybe a standard amount of THC is in each piece?

B) If part of a "Bud" is easy to cook inside a brownie (at home)....how Much of a bud (X gram?) does one person normally take for a good high, but not Super high?

Please excuse my lack of proper phraseology and being very subjective. Again, Now Retired.;)

2. Making edibles takes a good amount of know how and work- probably not worth it for you quite yet. Anything sold in stores will have the amount of THC in it listed on the packaging in milligrams. Start with 2.5 to 5mg for edibles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 420JoeBlow: Thanks for the response.

I will look for 2.5 to 5 mg with an edible, but does a given approx. weight 'normally' have a fairly proportionate amount of THC ?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Im not sure what you mean. I guess a simple example would be a bud/flower that is 20% THC potency will have 200mg of THC for ever 1 gram of flower. So gram of that flower has 40x as much THC as a 5mg gummy bear has. If the 5mg dose is correct for you and you want to make a batch of brownies, done properly 1 gram of said 20% flower will make 40 brownies that are equally as strong as one 5mg gummy. Some people are very satisfied with a 5mg dose. Some people take doses over 1000mg. Tolerance is a big thing when it comes to weed and everyone is very, very different. One person may not even really feel a dose that has someone else laying on the ground stoned out of their mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 VNAV LNAV, Sep 21, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Thanks again, very much. Especially the data about buds, and a bud vs. gummy bear.

I would imagine that an "Edible" of 5 grams has twice as much THC as an edible with 2.5.
    Roughly proportionate, probably.

Just trying to see the bigger picture.

I have no idea during the 1970s whether weed sold in typical 1 Oz. baggies was from leaves or ground buds (or bud bits with leaf fillers), and nobody every knew whether the Better Stuff was "Columbian" or Maui Wowie or whichever. Columbia MO (UM) and near Lee's Summit MO.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes, five milligrams is twice as much THC as an edible with 2.5 mg.
    Do be careful, but totally enjoy your visit to CO.

7. Be careful with edibles and gummy bears. I hear people with tolerance for smoking and people knowing this is not dangerous end up calling the ambulance 100% certain they gon die. Please dont do this.

Edibles can be overwhelming so start low :)
    Worst case scenario: you fall asleep

8. Milligrams, not grams. Just like taking a 10mg pill is the same as taking two 5mg pills.

9. Don't overthink it. Take a 5mg gummy and you'll be fine. The lowest dose of Dronabinol (pure synthetically made THC) available is 2.5mg THC, that's what dose the docs start the elderly and frail people on. For a "good" high you can take 10mg but after a 45 year tolerance break (and when you did smoke the bud was probably under 10%) I'm sure you'll enjoy 5mg.

10. Thanks again, very much. I meant milligrams - not grams.

After a career spent traveling (11+ hotel nights/month), am familiar with how to be safe. Studying Krav Maga last two years in local classes. Look up Krav on Youtube......

Even had a couple of "business" layovers in downtown Denver around 2015, but again, the entire career had to be done with a very clear head and no drugs or excessive alcohol consumption - not one bit.

11. Weed is an essential oil, not a drug.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Were you in the DEA ?

• Like Like x 1
  13. i usually recommend to people that dont get high to stay away from edibles because you wont know you over did it till its to late. if you want to dip your toes in the water i suggest buying a disposable oil pen. take small puffs and exhale slow and wait a few min till you are at your acceptable dose. vaping it is a little more tolerable that combustion.

ALSO if you havent booked your hotel for the boulder area, theres a super cute town about 45 min away called neederlands that has a few dope ass cabins built in the 1800 you can rent for an affordable price. me and my wife had our anniversary there and really enjoyed it fully.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Even the lightest of light weights are able to tolerate a 5mg gummy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. word but to get to the desired effects and dosing after that is the rough part to me. i eat a cookie, wait an hour and then grub another half. an hour later i start to get to high and then another 2 hours later im high as fuck and cant do anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Edible oil is in fact easy enough to make.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.
    This is just baking pea sized nuggets on a cookie sheet.
    If using buds grind to flour grade dust next.

5 grams of Decarbed Kief or Hash or powdered buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done

Kief-Hash 1 drop = 3 milligrams of THC
    Powdered Buds 1 drop = 1 mg

Dosing.
    This applies to any unknown strength edible or your first few times.

Take 10 milligrams of THC
    Wait 2 full hours
    If not stoned
    Take 20 mg more
    Wait 2 additional hours
    If not stoned
    Take 40mg more
    Wait 2 more hours
    If not..

Continue doubling the amount and waiting between until your slightly higher then you'd care to be.
    Start early in the day as this can take several hours and allow the rest of the day to be quite stoned.
    While slow this is the safe and sane way to find your personal requirements.

Warning.
    Don't assume because you've tested Brand A edibles and know you can take 30mg of their gummies that Brand B brownies although you ate the same 30mg you'll get the same stone. Even listed the same amount of THC changes in cooking times, Oils used, Lecithin used or not can intensify the stone and that same 30mg may blow your head off

Test to avoid unpleasant trips of OMG I ate to much. Edibles are like a big old scary roller coaster. You bought the ticket and got on the ride. Your stuck to take the full trip as there is no OFF switch.

[​IMG]
    I do make some of the highest strength Kief-Hash based edible oil possible. For a new users about 6 drops of this strength oil seems to be the sweet spot for 80% of the adult population. (25)mg)
    A full capsule holds 25 drops = 75mg.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  17. First timers should always stick to just the dose they started with for at least the first few hours.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Plain Decarbed Flower and every edible oil made with any cooking oil but one all take a full 2 hours to get dialed up to full throttle. 99% of all cooking oils from Avocado to Safflower oil need 60 minutes in your stomach with bile from your gall bladder to break down enough to move to your Liver where it needs another 45 minutes.

Only Coconut oil and MCT (medium chain triglycerides) (made from Coconut oil) bypass that need and speed straight to your Liver and cut that time to stone down to 45 minutes.

Make your own using Coconut oil for the fastest most predictable onset. Make the same identical recipe every time. Once you know your dose range it becomes quite easy to get exactly the level of stone desired.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    Kat's recipe and mine are nearly identical.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  19. Goblin_smasher:
    Just to clarify, now for the viewers, I never had any civilian govt. job.

Those cooking procedures are surprisingly detailed.
    You guys must use some habitual "flow patterns", then review your actions with a cooking checklist.