So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. so in veg no sprays not even neem oil. except for the weekly BT. and then in flower same thing but if you find your local predators arent keeping the pests at bay you'll recruit predator insects from the store? and you place yellow sticky traps outdoors? this is vital?

2. If you have a healthy plant it's all good to let things take care of themselves. In veg I don't even spray BT. You can use EO sprays or with neem if you want, but at best, they're a very short term deterrent outdoors. Sticky traps get whiteflies and other flies, aphids, leafhoppers, fungus gnats, and more. Just once have I seen a beneficial insect stuck on one, a ladybug, and I was able to save it. They're super cheap. I think it's silly not to use them. Or get a bug zapper. But I like that you can hide sticky traps anywhere.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. all indications say that i should be ready to harvest in the next week or two. it's been a week since i sprayed BT (so appreciate that advice, by the way), but wondering if i should stop now or spray right up until harvesting. i gather the BT reside (that has to be very very small) will not effect anything? thanks again.

4. i hv strt'd to wash my bud at hrvst because i do spray regularly..lots of crap comes off..gives me peace of mind

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I try to time it so I spray for the last time a week before, so it'll be active until the last day - then I wash the buds while they hang after harvest. Drip dry outside with a fan and then it's to the dry room.

• Like Like x 2
  6. good advice... thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. No probs - best luck and a heavy harvest!

8. Hello two questions:

1) Can I mix BT spray with Green Cure and foliar spray the mixture? am I better off spraying those two on separate days? If i could mix them both assured that they would both be just as effective it would make my IPM regime much easier

2) Can someone explain the proper way of washing outdoor buds? my plants have been battling bud rot and are ready to come down soon i would appreciate if someone briefly explains the steps that should be taken in harvesting these plants. TIA fellas

9. I don't usually mix the two preferring to spray them a few days apart.

Trim close as soon as you cut them down. Dunk in a bucket of fresh water and agitate a few seconds. Hang on cloths line until excess water has evaporated. Dry and cure normally.

Some dunk in a mix of H2O2 or Baking soda then again in clean water.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm astonished with the quality and weight I got this season despite starting in July and having harsh weather and problems I had with some people lagging on important things. This outdoor turned out better than my last round of indoor as far as quality, some buds are yielding 30%+ resin. I can't believe it. Not a single seed either. Grew it in the suburbs.

I now believe strongly that it's a myth that outdoor weed sucks or is inferior.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. my crew got screens today..seedlings gonna nd to be tp'd first wk of nov 000_8096.JPG 000_8092.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  12. :) Your catching on. LMAO. Sunlight = Full Spectrum.
    BNW

• Like Like x 5
  13. Harvested two plants early this morning 10.21
    Queen Mother - fat tops! Smells like sweet grape flowers with warm spices
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Panama x Bangi Haze smells like lemons, parsnips, soap, and piss
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Got two more going into November. Happy croptober SoCal neighbors! Best of the harvest to you all. Irie vibes!

14. Hey So. Cal. Growers!

All my pH meters are now gone.
    I know some growers 30 miles away have very high pH and I think I remember ours was close to normal but is there any local resource online maybe using a zip code to see my pH?

Just wondering if I need to amend my soil with a tweak for high pH.

15. i hv high ph wtr..8.8 when reamending my soil i was advised to add 1/4 cup of sulphur per 5 gals of soil..call your wtr dept and they can send you a brochure wit all the info in your wtr..gd luck makin sense of it..lol

16. also the ph here is seasonal..gets 8.8 in summer drps dwn to 7.5..should you decide to get cheap portable wtr filter..try purewater club.com

17. Hydro shops will have a cheap PH test kit for under 10 dollars.
    Most of southern California City water supplies run about 7 to 8.5
    Local suppliers are required by law to post an annual water quality report that usually is found online.

[​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  18. I just got some for making LABS before I figured they are not a priority,to bad they are 2.8-4.4pH.
    Trying to go cheap on this one because I only need it once.

I'll try online,thank you BNw!

Attached Files:

19. I found reports online with 100's of measurements but nothing on pH.
    Plants are looking great now but as I remember BNw saying his looked great for a time then went down hill because of his high pH water.

20. It took about 4-6 grows in the same soil before it started to show deficiencies.
    You should be ok for a grow or two. IME

• Like Like x 1