Nitro Lemon Haze - Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by AnonymousInventer, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Get the tent before the carbon filter, you won't need that until they start budding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yeah most likely won't need it until 3 weeks or so into flower possibly later... but having it before you need it is crucial because when the smell comes it comes... I use a 4" ipower filter cost under 40 on eBay and has been working great... sure it's not going to last as long as an expensive one but you only need it half of the flowering life not the whole plants life... then it's so cheap it really doesn't matter if you go with a more expensive one that lasts longer or a cheaper one that doesn't last as long... just depends on the budget.

If you buy a 4inch outtake for your grow box you can buy a cheap 4" booster fan on eBay and some ducting at the hardware store... would work great for your intake on the tent whenever you get it...

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sounds good..I point 1 6" fan to the plant tops and 1 at the lower part of the grow to help keep out mold, pests, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I looked at the seeds and they haven't grow any since I planted them. I think I planted way to early.... So I'm going to germinate another seed. Using paper plates this time and waiting for tap root to grow bigger before planting.

My First Grow Ever! Journal
    Nitro Lemon Haze - First Grow

5. I am confused..How long did you wait?
    Some seeds take 10 days or more to sprout. Also seeds WILL germinate without soaking and/or the paper tower method..Just would take a little longer.

6. I know but I felt like I needed 3 better safe than sorry. I don't wanna wait 10 days and both of them don't sprout.

7. OK..I soak and then use the paper towel in a warm dark place..I do NOT wait for a long tap root before planting..only wait long enough to see the seed crack (little white spec) and then to soil. Don't want to damage any root hairs when the seed is removed from the paper.
    JMHO..
    Also you MUST learn patience if you want to grow..this applies to each stage from germination to harvest!

Shit, I am an OLD hippy where time does make a big difference; and in my old age, I have learned patience! If you do not learn, expect poor results! (especially when it comes to harvest time)

• Like Like x 1
  8. I planted both of them before they had much of a tap root. I also didn't do the paper towel method with either of the two. Plus the fact that one of them didn't even get planted under soil at first. So I figured I'd do a third one with the method I used for my first babies. I'm still learning to be patient with them. I think growing teaches some valuable life lessons. Plus they are feminized so I can grow all three until I don't have space and choose the strongest of them.

9. As long as you can stand the $$ pain of tossing feminized seeds..
    My NHL seedling was a really slow starter..Turned out to be a very strong plant..I understand about culling but I just don't have the heart. ie: I really have no room for clones, but one made it..Not to throw it out, I converted a closet..LOL. Now I have a 3x3 tent, Veg in a spare Bath Tub, and the closet.
    Here is the clone July 27, 2017..It is a GDP from MSNL
    Funny I have a bunch of GDP fems seeds on hand, and then the GDP survived as well LOL.
    7-27-17 GDP Clone.jpg Just goes to show ya:) didn't even use my DIY cloner. Just dipped it in some Aloe Vera (fresh cut), and planted in Starter soil..Bam!

10. Well it's done now can't put it back in the bag lol. Thanks for letting me know she's a slow starter though. I'll be extra patient with my triplets

11. I can't wait until my triplets sprout! If my unknown seed plant is a male. I'm thinking about mating it with one of the triplets to make a hermie and then grow that F1 another time. I'm also going to clone the best triplet. It's all about the learning experience.

12. #52 AnonymousInventer, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    08/10/17 09:30 AM - Planted germinated seed

The third seed I germinated using paper plate method. I waited until the taproot was a decent size. Then I pre-soaked the soil and let it drain overnight. This morning I dug a wide hole and planted her root down. The wide hole really helped me not screw things up. I was always trying to drop the seeds down a small hole and would miss and loose seed in dirt....
    1502378423427.jpg

13. 08/11/17 10:00 AM - Still nothing || Day 7

I've heard that seeds can take 10+ days to sprout and that the NLH is slow. That being said I can't help but feel discouraged. They germinated quickly so I thought they would be fine. My free bagseeds all sprouted in just a few days. I just thought my $51 seeds would have been quicker than the free bagseeds.

14. 08/11/17 08:00 PM - Sprouted || Day 7

I'm really glad I decided to germinate another seed. She sprouted in under a day! However I'm a little bummed out because this probably means the other two are dead.... Oh well live and learn. [​IMG][​IMG]

15. I have some Nitro Lemon Haze seeds germinating as well. i havent checked the plants in a month though. they might be dead idk.

16. The pre-soaking soil and letting it drain overnight before planting germinated seed seemed to be what helped the most.

Nitro Lemon Haze - Journal

• Like Like x 1