new fan, insruction book says dont leave fan running unnatended

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gregmagnu, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Will there be a fire if I leave it on 24/7 forever? How long would it last?

2. Really.... you only have to run the fans when your lights are on. Everyone who grows uses fans. That's something the manufacturers put on their product to cover their asses. Think about your required to watch your fan, standing by with a fire extinguisher in case of fire.

3. youll be fine have it on a timer so it can turn off short time after your lights go off and possibly interval during lights out incase of temp rises

4. Just check on it every now and then my fan fell and the blade was stuck on a t5 light the motor got really hot but now I have it tied up it good now

5. Most fans are able to cool themselves so its not a problem

Keeping an eye on it for temp problems is a good Idea (till you get to know the fan)

Also, this is why I try to buy a "brand name" item instead of the cheapest one out there

Like Air King, Grow1 Clip Fan, Lasko, Honeywell, Holmes... Etc

Later fellow Blades :wave:

6. Worst that will happen is the motor will go out and it will stop..always a good idea to have a temp shutoff sensor so your light goes off if it gets too hot..and ive had a 4 and 6" going a year now non stop

7. Hey OD and fellow GCers,
    Just one word on electrical safety- never over size a breaker in the panel because it keeps popping. That just means you need to move some of the load (fans, ballasts, lights, etc.) to another circuit. House fires are a terrible thing for anyone to have to go through. -much love 2002

8. Yes, I am an electrician, The only way to raise the breaker to a higher amperage would be to replace the wire in the wall (depending on the gauge that is installed)

A 12 gauge wire will handle a 30 amp breaker
    A 14 gauge wire will handle a 20 amp breaker

I am running my small grow room on a dedicated 20 amp circuit on 14-2 wire

I have one 600 MH and two 6 inch inline blowers, with plenty of amps to spare...

I also hare a very cheap fire suppression built into the room

You can see it here:

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/1183423-my-first-grow-build-5.html#post17482234

Later Blades :wave:

9. Nice set!

10. Think about your required to watch your fan, standing by with a fire extinguisher in case of fire.[​IMG]