Need help! ( Deficiency?)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Frankffs, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Hi, i've had problems with drainage with my plants and since a week or two i've had now a problem with my leaves... The bottom leaves turned yellow and had brown spots. They completely died off and now some of the top leaves are getting a yellowish color with the same brown leaves... Wtf can I do!!!
    Im on my 14th day of flowering and this is a real problem as I want to get something out of my first grow... Could this be the results of an overwatering problem?
    Or calcium or Phosphorus deficiency???

2. Here are the pics

Attached Files:

3. dude, it looks like your soil has mold growing all over it! Please don't give anything from this garden to anyone, and i would suggest you not smoke it yourself. Take the knowledge you gained from this venture, and do better next time! these things happen, and i am NOT knocking you at all. Good luck my friend

4. its actually Some diatomaceous earth to kill of Gnats, not mold :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. But whats the problem?!?! :(

6. Youre in early stages of flowering. Nutrient demand may be higher than the supply and hence the deficiencies showing.
    Its difficult for us to accurately troubleshoot yoir issue without knowing at least most of the vatiables like temps humidity lighting and distance of light from plants as well as the medium freding and watering schedules etc .... knowing most of the variables can help us better assess the issue and sort out the possible causes and tackling them each at a time
    Some possibilities include, but not limited to:
    not enough food available for the plant for the demand
    inability of the plant to absorb whats available efficiently either due to issues with the roots or due to nutrient lock or pH imbalance. Another reason yo consider is heat and humidity. When theyre out of balance (too hot temps and very low humidity for example) the stomata of the leaves close up and the girls wont drink or eat as much so deficiencies show up.
    As you can see there are some variables that need to be considered in troubleshooting any plant issue. The more ya know the easier it is to presict a cause i hope this helps brother

Check out my new QuadStrain grow :
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1416641/
    and my previous TriStain grow :
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1383100/

• Like Like x 2
  7. thanks!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I added a very small amout of 20/20/20 to the water I gave my plant today.
    Like 2.3ml for 2L of water. (its usually 6ml for 5L.
    so, with that, hopefully it'll fix my problem in the next days, then ill switch back to some 4-8-7 (flora bloom)

9. That second to last photo is showing a purple stem. That is a sign of N deficiency. Also the lower foliage turning yellow and dying is also a symptom of this.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

10. Possibly coupled with an over watering regimen. Those spots on the lower leaves could be mold related.

• Like Like x 1
  11. that's what it looks like too me, for sure root rot, I think

• Like Like x 1
  12. k so if its root rot, what can I do? Stop completely watering?

13. I guess this is because the soil didnt had any good drainage... :( will I lose everything?

14. honestly, i don't know... as far as i know, there isn't too much you can do at this stage. But as i said, i really don't know. there may be a product for this specific use, ya know? hopefully somebody with more knowledge will chime in

15. man this would suck so much :( I know I had an overwatering problem but they seemed to look better recently... I mean they perked up everything was fine.. but then the leaves (bottom ones) seemed to go yellow, get some spots (brown), the stems are also going reddish.

symptoms (in order of occurance)
    1st : tiny brown spots
    2nd : the stem turns red
    3: the leave turns yellow slowly.
    It affected bottom leaves first.

16. could be calcium, but i think it's due to your drainage. i hope it works out bro

• Like Like x 1
  17. seems like it too. I'll see over the next few days... is it normal for a plant during flowering to run out of calcium?

18. Typically It's better to treat the symptoms as they occur. Unfortunately over watering is excluded. In the future it's best to prevent it by applying better drainage through a different medium (coco coir is forgiving), perlite, or fabric pots. I'd also suggest hydroguard in the future. I use all of the above-mentioned.

• Like Like x 1