Need Feedback for Homemade GrowBox

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by evan341, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Hey guys i recently wanted to get into the growing business and i would like some feedback on my homemade grow box. im not finished yet, i still need to add 2 fans and 2 more LED lights on each side.

image-1845597262.jpg

2. Foil is supposedly not very reflective and causes heat spots. I would opt for buying a few white posterboards from the grocery store (computer paper works too).

Mylar is supposed to be the best way to go, but I don't feel like trying to find a place that sells it. Plus, I just like the way white looks in the grow cabs.

3. thanks bro, i was gonna get mylar but it was too much of a hassle, i just figured tin foil was good. hows the rest look? btw im gonna grow green o matic so it wont get too tall

4. Looks like it could get the job done to me. I just really hope you secure those lights extremely well with zip ties / duct tape / whatever.

If not... you're probably going to die in a fire. Hope you have life insurance. :cool:

5. ***** your scaring me

6. Well, hey, you're working in a cardboard box. Don't you have anything with a stonger frame to it?

7. Hes poking fun at the fact that its a cardboard box. That is a serious fire hazard. (edit: looks like he ninja'd me)

And yes, tin foil isnt even worth having on there. Either white paint or mylar or panda film, or something that is actually reflective. Tin foil, though it would seem like it should be, is not.

8. yeah im taking the tin foil out and i couldnt find anything with a stronger frame, all i could find that was hollow and big enough was this box

9. I've found using silver gift wrap paper(looks exactly like mylar) works amazingly, and doesn't create creases that causes the hot spots people are mentioning. If you cannot find this variety of gift wrap paper, most of the varieties have a flat white underside and can be used as an effective reflective surface :D just some personal budget knowledge