how much of a yield can I expect?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by psycicmind, Dec 8, 2012.

1. #1 psycicmind, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
    first grow

The container is a 36 gallon container with six plants. 4 on the left are northern lights #5, two on the very left are bagseed.

cfl grow, lights are 1-3 inches away from the tops,
    ive also...
    pruned the lower leaves that weren't receiving enough light.
    low stress trained them
    used FFOF soil, and nutes

That first picture was taken at 5 weeks. I plan on starting flower at week 6 (in a few days). The second is almost 5 weeks 4 days(I took it out of the light so I could take the picture.

I plan on using 8 150Watt CFL's

Can I expect a decent yield from this?

Attached Files:

2. lol I wish.

3. Tough to say, alot of different factors make up the yeild. Now Me? I would put them in seperate buckets, and use a HID light instead of all the cfls, but thats just my opinion. Either way, good luck on your grow!

4. I'm hoping to get maybe about 1/2 oz per plant at the least. Is that a good estimate?

5. you do realise these things are gonna doble in size as soon as they start flowering. that space is already cramped :D. regarding the yeild. it is a question impossible to answer but maybe 3 30-70g

6. It wont be cramped for long, I've only confirmed one female at this point, but I can expect 3 out of the 6 plants to be female so by flower it shouldn't be too crowded...not sure if thats :( or :)

7. Aren't you psychic?

Sorry, too easy though.

8. No way you're spending $400 on cfls, sounds to me like they're 40w? So 320 actual watts... you should harvest 60-80 grams dry. Maybe an ounce per plant if you train them to stay low and bushy.

9. How did you confirm a fem.

10. two distinct white hairs near one of the nodes. (not green in any way.)

11. I didnt think that was a clear indication, i thought you had to flower, actually, i thought i was a 100% sure about that too. :confused:

12. Well it probably depends on the strain (some even autoflower)

but when you're able to tell the sex of the plant before going into flower it's called "pre-flower"

13. So the plant needs to show signs of flower. Op is saying that the two white hairs by the node show him that his plant is male. That dont show signs of sex i wouldnt of thought.

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5p3tsXmaVs]Sexing Marijuana Plants.mpg - YouTube[/ame]

thats a vid that talks about preflower.

15. This is what i thought, you need to see pollen sacks. Op is saying he can tell by 2 white hairs by the node. I am saking if this is correct. Two white hairs by a node = male.

16. Could be stipules..pics would help

17. Which would mean it could still be male.. If they were just stipules because those look like thin strands at the nodes. Not necessarily white but the mistake's been made before

18. #19 p42082, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
    I know you are right, but i have two white hairs by the nodes, i know 100% they aint male. Op i wouldnt go with that bro you may end up throwing out a fem.

19. Ok woah what?
    Two white hairs coming from the intersecting nodes (petiole) along a main stalk are signs of FEMALE plants not male. You also cannot sex a plant based off of stipules. As far as I know...These are present on both sexes.

Also...are you covering these? If so I'd be concerned for the temperature in there, as well as poor air circulation.