MY SEEDLINGS ARE TURNING YELLOW???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 2-Apes223, Jul 31, 2017.

1. My seedlings are 21 days old and are currently being fed at 150 ppm in coco coir....Recently ive noticed the top leaves of my girls turning yellow. Does this mean i should up the ppm?or could it be something else?.....

any assistance would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Maybe I'm going color blind but I don't see any yellow leaves lol they look fine to me. If I'm missing it take a closer picture

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. What npk are you feeding? Ro or tap water. Are you adding calmag? Are you allowing sufficient runoff? What's the pH of your runoff?

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

4. I use ro water with cal-mag ,advanced nutrients sensi grow coco, an rhinoskin ,and house and gardens roots accelerator.

Attached Files:

Attached Files:

6. Yellowing can be a mix of things. Those plants are big enough to bump the ppms up abit. Please check your runoff pH, that is critical in coco, in my opinion.

8. right now my runoff comes in any from 5.8-6.5....am i allowing it to get too high?

9. thank you for your help

• Like Like x 1
  10. Personally I am growing in coco with non coco nutrients. I don't own a ppm, ec or pH meter. What I did was slowly bump my nutrients up as my grow continued. I do however use pH drops to check my pH in and out. I use earthjuice pH down. I use tap water with only mag supplement, as the tap water has sufficient calcium in it.

11. that is not yellowing...it is lime greening ...the plants need more food..raise the ec level and give it a day or 2...if It stays like that but still grows well bump it up more....I would have it at 1.2 ec right now....5.8 runoff ph...you'll see they'll green right up

GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Your plants are saying - "feed me". A suggestion to you if I may - mix perlite in your coco mix at a 70/30 coco/perlite ratio and you will get a lot faster growth. You didn't mention if they were autos, but for photos you're best to start them in smaller containers with a 50/50 coco/perlite mix. This will allow you to feed daily, which replenishes the nutes and pulls in fresh oxygen to the roots. Here's a pic of plants that were fed daily from about 3 days old.- they are 21 days from sprout.
    3 weeks.JPG

13. could under feeding be slowing my growth? this is my first grow but they seem rather small compared to other plants of the same age.

14. yes undetfeeding slows it down and will eventually force the plant to steal nutrients from the bottom leaves and shift them to the top (natural survival instincts) then the top stays green an the rest of the plant shows WTF leaves all over it...all because it was hungry....cannabis ...is cannibal as well it eats itself in an attempt to survive ..

GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk