Monsters in the back room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MyStonerName, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Suh dudes. As my first grow starts its final chapter, I sit back in aww about how wonderful and how spectacular growing really is. It's now my favorite new hobby even though it can have time and money set backs.

So back in early February 2016 I got my hands on about 24 bag seeds. The bags they came from wasn't all that bad. As I recall it was mostly dense with a really nice pine smell. After numerous trails and errors, and all 24 seeds, I finally ended up with three plants that are close to harvest.

Here's the journal Mini fridge cfl grow box

I was a little impatient with sexing my plants so I flowered them way earlier then I planned, but I ended up with all three female plants. 21 days after I switched I came across a cloning method called "monster cropping". Since I ran out of seeds I decided to try to clone my I already flowering babies. I gathered all of the supplies to make a bubble cloner and took 4 cutting total. Out of the four cutting all of them took root after about 17 days. I did make another mistake and tore the roots off the biggest clone so she's still in the bubbler. The roots are coming back again so it's just a waiting game.

So far I have three of the cutting in some seedling starter soil mix and in tiny containers. About four days from transplant and I already see new growth two of the plants. This new growth it's weird looking, which is normal for monster copping.

Since this monster journey is officially off to a start I decided to document it separately from my first grow journal. I plan to do another soil grow but after I harvest my first crop I plan on getting some better equipment to make this go around a little smoother. Right now these babies are under some CFLs in a diy stealth box. It needs a little more work but i plan on fixing it this weekend.

So enough talking. Here's a picture dump

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I'm so happy I even got to this point. Join me to see how this all turns out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. I could probably tie this baby to the side. She's really growing and has so ever since transplant. [​IMG][​IMG]

This one is a little behind the first one but she's also doing well
    [​IMG][​IMG]

She's not doing well but hope she pulls through [​IMG][​IMG]

Got two new roots on the plant in the bubbler [​IMG] she is still looking alive even though she's been in nothing but plain water [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just a side note for you...The funny looking single leafs and three point leafs are caused by taking cuttings from plants in bud. They will soon start sprouting proper leafs and recover quite well...but growth is temporarily slowed compared to cuttings from plants in veg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah I knew it'd start out like that. It don't bother me

5. Picture dump.

Well everything looks good there is some yellow dots on the leaves of the biggest plants. Idk what it might be
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This one looks like shit, but isn't dead [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hey man I'm subbed up. I had a couple of nice monster crops my last grow. They start out weird but turn into nice big plants with a shit ton of tops

My Journal

• Like Like x 3
  7. The amount of new growth is pretty crazy. They just take for EVER to root lol idk if I'll do a monster crop again just because of time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I had 2 monsters. 1 took off after only 7 days. The other took a week longer. The clones I have right now weren't monsters, and they took close to the same amount of time to root. I think it just depends on how dialed in your cloning setup is. Clones are a big money saver so I'll definitely be trying to perfect mine.

My Journal

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lots of new growth on the biggest monster. Lots of vertical and side growth. I'll take pictures when I get home but it looks like the main stem has a bunch of pods on it and I'm thinking those are new branches coming in.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Here's some pics of the new growth on the biggest plant
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Subbed. I plan to try my hand at monster cropping too but several weeks away from making the switch. Can't wait to see your results!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Monsters are always beasts of plants. What I did on mine was LST all the new tops as they came out and within a month I had a bush with 20+ tops and more coming in.

My Journal

• Like Like x 1
  13. It's been a really long process, but I'm excited to see how these turn out. I also would like to document the whole process because I can't find any journal that covers this from clone to harvest.

14. I'm only 8 days into this journal and there has been so much growth it's crazy. Can't wait to put her under the screen and flower her out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. These bad bitches
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Lots of new growth on the last girl. I ended up throwing out the baby in the bubble cloner since she was taking way to long to root.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I have found with my setup that, If I take clones on day 21 of flower, they will be ready to flower when first crop is done. The timing is perfect. They do take longer to root. It keeps you from keeping a mother plant as well

17. Since I have three monster clones I thought about just throwing one clone into the flower room right after I harvest and let the other two keep going in veg

• Like Like x 1
  18. These bad boys are looking great but I am getting some dropping on the tips of the leaves. It can't be from over watering since I let them get so thirsty they droop. I'll post pictures after work but they are all doing awesome and they are getting big.

19. I actually could probably take clones off the biggest plant.

20. I actually could probably take clones off the biggest plant.