Mini Box SOG

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Gr33nMike, Jun 14, 2018.

1. So I got an AC for the room..but since then, the clones have been sagging a big...are they upset with the temperature change? From 80-85 under the lights to 70-75...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  2. I’m thinking is the dry air they aren’t into..going to build a make-shift humidifier and see about buying one

• Like Like x 2
  3. #43 Gr33nMike, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Chopped down the second 12/12 seed today...she’s freakin sexy...sooo much fatter than the other one was
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alsoooo big news...the clones will wake up tomorrow for their first 12/12 day

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey guys, just realized I never posted my update when I moved the clones into the box...whoops.
    Anyways here’s the photo from when they moved in, July 2nd
    [​IMG]
    And here’s the photos from tonight, one week after 12/12 switch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Most are showing preflowers on most if not all nodes, I did a light defol. A few days ago, pulled the older yellowed leaves off the bottoms, and a few larger leaves that were shading good bud spots
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hmmmm...where to start....my dumbass forgot I popped seeds...so only 11 of the 20 I popped we’re good for soil when I got to them this morning, they all went into a small starting pot, will thin out to the best 4 or 5. Hopefully I’ll find a male in this batch or the next, so I can collect some pollen from it. This is the strain my great granddad grew, I want to work on stabilizing a phenotype I like.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-GM
    Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 2
  6. Day 15 of flower: clones are looking great, starting to bud up, yesterday they got 1/2 strength flower nutes when I watered, they’ve needed water about every other day or so since I induced flower.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Temps are running great, looking at about 72 at the base of the plants so I imagine we’re seeing 75-80 at the canopy. [​IMG]

The 6-top clone got tied down tonight, since she’s started looking better I figured I open her up and get her ready to flower. She’s still got a bit of recovery time, may even be in the box alone..not sure yet.
    [​IMG]

-GM
    Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 2
  7. Day 18 of flower: ladies are looking very nice, they got another feeding yesterday, same nute levels as last time, next few watering will probably be straight PhD water though, I’ll probably do an alternating schedule now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Macro of the preflower tops
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-GM
    Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice.

sent sitting in my garden

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks Man

-GM
    Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Update on the babies...unfortunately(and I think this is because of the late planting, as I cracked a few taproots) it seems only 1 maybe 2 have made it thru the first few days..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So I will be popping more, maybe tonight

-GM
    Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 2
  11. Just started 5 more seeds, hopefully I don’t forget about these..but if I do it’s only 5, not 20 this time...
    Also put a handful of giant sunflower seeds in paper towels. These ones get like 12+ feet tall so I’m pretty excited

-GM
    Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm sure you won't forget these ones. I have giant sunflowers that are currently just over 6 feet tall in my garden.

Canada Guy's Outdoor Garden 2018

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nice, you’ve got them in the ground?
    I was trying to considering a pot but idk lol. I’m in a city do ground will probably be pretty dense dirt..we will see

-GM
    Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 1
  14. Some photos of the ladies just before lights on day 20
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-GM
    Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 2
  15. Just moved the first seedling into its own solo cup home, the newly popped seeds are now in the “nursery” pot with the seedling recovering from a broken taproot is also starting to look up again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Behind the seedling are the sunflower seeds.
    Speaking of which, hey @CanadaGuy when you start yours, do you go straight to soil or do you use the paper towel method? Just wondering because it only took a few hours of them being in the paper towel for it to turn black, and after only 36 hours a few were already slightly moldy. The paper towel wasn’t too wet..so idk what the issue was

-GM
    Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 1
  16. I've had bad luck with a broken taproot... the plant didn't grow right and in the end didn't produce anything. The sunflower seeds were put straight into the dirt around the beginning of May. I've tried to start them indoors but the shock transplanting killed them.

Your ladies are looking good.

• Like Like x 2
  17. That’s what I was worried about was being stunted so early on..I’ll keep it for now to see how resilient the strain is.

That’s what I’ve read about sunflowers is they don’t enjoy transplants, when we’ve moved into our new place I’ll start a real outdoor garden come spring, Kinda said F it this year when a frost came way after it was supposed to and screwed it all up..

-GM
    Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 2
  18. Yeah every year is a race to winter... some years it's a total loss, others it's an awesome harvest.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Nice baby's

sent sitting in my garden

• Like Like x 1