Mini Box SOG

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Gr33nMike, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Hey everyone!
    I’ve been growing for about a year now..this will be the first time I’ve used the SOG method in my grow box.
    Currently there are 2 plants I used to try the 12/12 method..won’t be doing it again, but anyways this grow will have a total of 9 plants In my 2x2 grow box, running 250W of CFLs.
    Here are some pics of the box rn and the clones that will be moving in.
    IMG_1049.JPG
    The 12/12 plants
    IMG_1065.JPG
    And the incoming clones
    IMG_1062.JPG

More to come

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x.php?threads/Grow-journal-Bag-seeds.1475047/

• Like Like x 3
  2. You going to Reveg those flowering girls?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I start all my girls like that. Pop the little nugs off and go to 18 or 24hr light for a few weeks. You will grow monsters out of them.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I start all my girls like that. Pop the little nugs off and go to 18 or 24hr light for a few weeks. You will grow monsters out of them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sorry for the double post

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Quick update today, the 6 clones headed to the flower box we’re having some problems with soil ph..after about a week of it running way too high, my Solutions weren’t working...so I moved them into some fresh soil, Ph’d to the 6.2-ish they like and hopefully we’ll see them perk up in the next day..
    IMG_1088.JPG
    After a little while of the ph impbalance the stems started to redden a bit.. slightly upset about the delay going into flower...but no good would come of throwing six unhealthy clones into flower..
    IMG_1089.JPG

In other news my great granddads Skunk is looking hawt...leaves are opening up nicely and she looks mighty happy..
    IMG_1080.JPG

Anyways I’m hoping that if all goes well these clones will be headed to flower in 5-7 days

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x.php?threads/Grow-journal-Bag-seeds.1475047/

• Like Like x 2
  7. I'm subbed up good luck with you grow bro.

sent sitting in my garden

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for tagging along Man, it’s been a little I’ll have to catch up on your shtuff

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Well your box looks real good.
    How big is the new tent?

• Like Like x 1
  10. This is the one I’m looking at..
    Image1529378394.464750.jpg
    Image1529378404.474109.jpg
    I really like how it has the option to have the 2 smaller spaces for clones/seedlings and a mom

How’s everything going? I haven’t caught up on your outdoor thread yet

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 3
  11. A monstercrop is when you take a cutting or a clone from a flowering plant. What that guy described was harvesting the plant (pop off the nug) but you leave the leaves on her and you do a full reveg. Re-vegged plants tend to grow massive in size.

Oh yeah.. why you getting such a small tent?? My 2x3 box is barely big enough for one normal sized plant. That's why it's just the seedling/clone/veg area. I would recommend at least a 4x4 or a 4x8 if you have the room for it. I assume you don't want to just keep growing mini plants? I'd love to see you grow a 'normal' multi ounce plant!

Canada Guy's UFO Grow
    Canada Guy's Indoor Garden 2018
    Canada Guy's Outdoor Garden 2018

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. You can drop your wattage usage and heat by under half by replacing all of your CFL's with one of these. They're only 100 watts and can bloom a 2x2 well. Your plant would thank you. Well worth the $150. I'd get this before a tent.

Similar output to 200 watts of t5
    Horticulture Lighting Group 100 Watt Quantum Board LED Lamp

• Like Like x 1
  13. I guess I didn’t really pay attention to the selected option..the one I was looking at was 6x5x6.5 total..including the veg space, I just had the wrong one selected. That makes the flower area probably 5x4 or so..which is more than double what I have now, and I’ll have 4x the light (250w cfls-1000w hid)

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 2
  14. I've used a few different lights
    over the years.
    Magnetic HPS MH. Digital HPS MH. LEDs. Now I got smart and using the CMH 315 I have 4 of them the best light I've used so far most economical and almost the best yield ( the hps dose have the best yield but its so little more in the cost of running so much higher ) The CMH has the least maintenance. The light bulbs last forever 15000 hours
    The light bulbs are at best 92% of the sun and at there worst are
    82% of the sun.
    In my flower room I run 4 of them in my vented hood's with no blowers or cooling. Just heat flow to my ducts in the floor of my house. My flower room is11 L x 15 w x 7.5 h room and never gets over 77°. The light is an intense fight you'll need to be at least 20 to 30inchs above your plant canopy otherwise you will get foxtailing.
    But this light has most bang for your buck

• Like Like x 2
  15. Alright..so CMH..I’ll only have room for a single liight in the tent..what size should I run? 600?

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

Mini Box SOG

• Like Like x 1
  16. The 315w is the equivalent of a 600 HPS when I got mine I bought the 315 and I had vented hoods reflectors and so I bought the ballast with the conversion kit convert my hood over I think vented hoods are a great option to have if I want more heat in my grow all I got to do is pull the window off or open it up soon and if I want even more heat all I got to do is disconnected from the ducting.
    If you got about an 8 foot ceiling for the 4 x 4 floor 1 lights sufficient plenty a single bulb covers of 4 x 4 pretty comfortably you can get a 5 x 5 out of it no problem.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2