Mick's Coco - K.I.S.S. - Scrog Method

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by MickFoster, Apr 24, 2017.

1. I have never used H2O2 so I can't comment whether it's advisable. Coco holds plenty of oxygen for the roots, and if perlite is used....even more. What are you trying to protect the roots from?
    Again, I have never used H2O2 for that purpose. I simply soak in 1/4 strength bloom nutes pH'd at 6.0.
    It's safe to use 1/4 strength nutes for pre-charging....I have no experience with kelp. I don't know what bloom nutes you are using but typically the P and K are double the N in a bloom solution. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #182 panda_fourtwenty, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018

From root rot. But then again, I've been thinking Coco like hydro. It's not possible to get root rot in Coco right?

Alright, i should really keep it simple..

This are the only bloom nutes available in my country for hydro. I'll be getting PK supplements to make up for the low P

3. Still growing Mick biggest colas yet :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Those are some frosty colas Roccus - nice job. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hey roccus I had a question for you. I’ve been reading through this thread and I’m about to start some autos. Well it’s my First time using coco. I seen you started some autos in solo cups and than popped them into their final containers. I wanted to start in solo cups also. Just cause the air pots I have are the 3 gallon ones. Just wasn’t sure how to start them in the solo cups with out cutting them out and stressing them. Did you cut the bottom out of those solo cups and than transplant them into the air pots? Or how did you do it? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. What I did was filled the airpots with coco, I put an empty solo cup in the pot to pack the coco around a bit then charged the coco with 1/2 strength nutes, when I pulled the empty solo cup out I have a perfect fit for the transplant I just slit the solo cup down 2 sides, the plant comes right out then just drop it in the air pot

• Like Like x 4
  7. Awesome, thanks for the reply. I’ll be doing the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Just started feeding/watering daily. Very excited to see what happens.

9. This is a great Coco thread, I wish I had seen it sooner. I made the mistake of flushing my Coco out early and really hurt my plants. I'm feeding proper daily now and growth exploded. Thanks for including your pre-soak method too, that's really good bit of info.

10. Thank you. :)

11. Hi Mick, Really like this thread you seem to know what your talking about and you are the only other guy i have seen that uses air pots as well as me, I have just posted a thread and I would <3 your input. High E.C/PPM Run Off

12. Final tally for this grow was 1 3/4 lb. This system works and works well and it is way cheaper than other systems. I will not change a thing for next seasons grow. Thanks Mick for sharing this this with us...

13. Sounds like a nice harvest Roccus. I'm glad everything worked out for you man. :thumbsup:

14. My first grow with this method just shy of 600 g dry. This round looks even better to this point. Will be more active with pics after legalizing is complete October 17th

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hey Mick, any idea why my run off pH is consistently at 7.0?
    I always feed it to run off with pH 6 feeds.
    Past 2 days I've fed pH 5.5 feeds and the run off is still consistently at 7.0.
    I just did a full flush with pH 5.5 water and runoff still reads 7.0..

16. How do the plants look? Are you seeing a deficiency? How much water did you run through in your full flush? I suggest you use 1/4 strength nutes when you flush.

17. They don't look like they're having deficiencies I think.
    Serrated edges curling up.
    Tips yellowing and some turned brown.

After flushing, the leafs looked droopy.
    I'll flush with 1/4 strength nutes tomorrow. She looks kinda overwhelmed now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. I'm thinking to repot it from its current 7L pot into my 12L container tomorrow as I'm starting to see roots popping out from the bottom drainage holes.

But then again, she looks like she could grow more in the current pot but a chance of getting rootbound.

19. #199 MickFoster, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    I'm no expert at diagnosing plant problems. You definitely have some kind of problem - perhaps start a thread in the sick plants section. You never answered how much you run through when you flush. If your pH going in is 6.0 and the pH coming out is 7.0 - your root zone is in the 8.0 range, which is way too high. Keep running a 1/4 strength nute solution pH'd to 5.5 until the run off is 6.0. Sorry, but that's all I've got. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. You may have to run GALLONS through there to move the ph a full point. I just had to flush some of mine in veg out. They were running off 1500 ppms with 550ppms going in. I ran almost two buckets of 1/8 strength nutes with drip clean and calmag through 3 plants to get the ppms down to 650

• Like Like x 2