Mattskeee's First Time 4x4 RDWC LED AUTO GROW

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by mattskeee, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Probably come a out of a factory in China, I'm sure you can find one! Check Alibaba maybe?

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fish tank heaters and the chiller you posted earlier will do it no doubt I use frozen water bottles for my water temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. I just need to drop from the 200w heater to the 55w aqua one. 1. It sticks out of the water, 2. It draws too much power and 3
    It's a little too warm!
    The chiller set at a standard temp (it both heats and cools) will be awesome but budget didn't stretch this time

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 2
  4. You think this one would do it ? [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looks exactly like a computer / cpu heatsink!

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yep that’ll work just fine!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Good deal , I'll order it tomorrow , thanks for the input .

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  8. Hey friends! So it looks like maybe the girls were a little hungry, given that is has been almost 3 weeks, yet they're only the size of one week olds...

I went to check today and there was a decent amount of size added over the past 36 hours!

I'd say most of the plants have doubled, and there are definitely a lot of roots searching around now:) amazing how quick they grow!

I added another 5ml of micro/grow/&calmag and ph'd.

These are still quite low, around 550ppm.

Pics attached - some definite improvement in the two larger ones, the babies still a little slow.

See what a couple more days with some food does :)

I'll mix a half strength, fresh water res about 10 days from now.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 2

9. You should try and separate these ASAP, if it’s not already too late. If you can’t, kill off the weaker one. You don’t want two plants in one pot.

Other than that, looks good man!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ok boss. I was worried with my runt in the beginning so I germd a 5th one just in case it didn't make it, as a backup.

Thought I'd throw the two runts into that pot and see.

I could always part her out into a soil pot smack bang in the middle of the grow... there's a big void I need to address next run- the piping doesn't give me the right spacing of the pots.

Q. Can I use GH Flora Trio to feed in a soil pot?
    Q. How can I minimise transplant shock from the DWC pot to soil (obv. Be careful of roots)

Anything else?

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 1
  11. That’s your best bet.

Be as gentle as you can. If it doesn’t make it, so be it, but better to salvage one good plant, then potentially lose both. Good luck!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Okay so I took your advice... the one that went into soil was treated like royalty! Fresh organic mix, and perlite.

The one that went back into the Hydroton, well let's just say... I was about as subtle as a sledge hammer....

Fingers crossed for both![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 2
  13. Good move man

• Like Like x 3
  14. A daily update!

Temp in water and tent 22/23°c.
    RH 52%

I added a splash of great white as initial serving was very low, roots looked the tiniest bit slightly brown - but not to the point I was worried.

PPM 550
    Ph 5.5

I think ph dropped a little over night to 4.9ish after my additional nutes and ph down and i was impatient (rain), but back to normal now.

The three stronger plants are definitely growing, which puts a smile on my face!

The two runts which I split one out into soil, don't seem to have made any progress. I'm sure I upset them a little yesterday, especially the one back into the Hydroton.

Some pics from today - [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 2
  15. Seems to be a tiny bit of tip burn on some of the fan leaves, also some of the plants look a bit pale and as if the leaves are almost "mushy". It doesn't look terrible to me, but definitely doesn't look perfect!

Sent from Space

16. Hey dude, glad I found you on GC! It's Chro from AFN, how big is the air pump your using? I would also up your ph, personally I have found 6 to be the sweat spot for me but anywhere between 5.8 and 6.3 is good IMO but under 5.8 is a little low in my experience although I'm sure some will disagree as it looks to me like you are locking out nutrients, come check out my diary, here is the link Spliff Seeds Genetics Grow Purple Berry Kush & Cheese

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hello mate! Welcome! AFN is doing my head in at the moment ... it's almost lost me to GC.

I have two air pumps - a 4 outlet for each of the grow pots with 4" round discs, and a twin with two medium round stones in the res. Don't think there's any issues with oxygen.

You're right my ph has probs been a little unstable - only due to the fact that I ran straight water for a few days, then decided to feed direct into the res, not mix separately.

When I do a few change and proper feed, it will be measured and balanced before it goes in :)

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 2
  18. Yeah they been having host issues over at AFN but I think it's fixed now as got a new host and seems much faster then before but GC is cool to!
    When I mix up my nutes I always need to set my ph 0.6 lower then my target as once the water becomes oxygenated it makes the ph rise so double check your ph a couple of hours after res change and then adjust but should then stay pretty stable, I think the more air the better I use a 40lpm air pump for 2 buckets which hold around 18 litres each which is just below the net pot so I'm giving just over 1lpm of air for every litre of solution but I'm thinking of still getting a bigger pump!

• Like Like x 1
  19. I concur with this.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks!

Sent from Space