Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Male or Female?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dick.johnson, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Hi guys, unknown seed and we are almost 4 days into flowering.I think that i got an female. What you think?

Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cant tell yet.

3. I can see the pistils on the first image that's why I am thinking that it is an female.. maybe I am wrong :D

4. Both male and female plants have pistils. The sex will show beside these. The only time you can make a guess about sex from pistils is when they are crossed which usually means female, but uncrossed pistils can still be female and crossed pistils can still be male.

5. 95% sure that's female.

Not saying your wrong @whackyac but I have never had that happen to me, every time I saw pistils it was female, though I do tend to grow feminised seeds 90% of the time.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Im sorry I used the incorrect word. Correction: Those are not pistils they are stipules. Both male and female plants have stipules. The sex forms next to the stipules

• Like Like x 1
  7. But in your picture there are only stipules there is no sex showing Here is a picture explanation m_and_f2.gif

8. It's hard to see but I can see pistils in the first picture, not the other 2 though.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Oh yeah I just spotted them! Sorry yeah that picture was really hard to see. Your plant is female sorry for the confusion

10. It is pistil, on the first image it is white and different from stipule

Sent from my HTC One mini using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. I am glad that i am hearing that i have an female :)) so happy now. I will post more images in next 5 days to be sure if it is an female :) cheers!

Sent from my HTC One mini using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1