LST

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shelleyberry, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Hello, I'm doing my first grow. I'm growing a single White Widow Auto-Grow. It has like three or four sets of leaves. I tried to start with LST but the stem seemed to be in danger. My question is, with no stress training how much weed can I get from the one plaint? Also the plant has been growing for like two weeks now, can I wait longer then try some stress training? This is an indoor grow. Thanks

2. What do you mean seemed to be in danger? Like it was gonna snap? Use some plant ties or pipe cleaners to tie them down. Low Stress Training (LST) Tutorial | Grow Weed Easy I'd highly recommend giving this a read if you can. Should answer a lot of your questions.... the whole site is really a great guide! You can LST any time you want (try to avoid doing it during flowering), they say it's better late to LST than never!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for getting back to me, When I go to been the plant down it seems like stem wants to come out of the soil, sort of like the stem has no support to it under the soil. I'll try the pipe cleaner thing and try that. I'm 70 years old so I'm a little slow, also I'll read the link you mentioned also... thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. No reason not to start early, plants are very forgiving. Just bend it over and use ties like TWW suggested. Just be gentle they'll be ok.

6. Could always add more soil around them stem as long as your not above the claycxl's or however you spell it. It will actually start growing roots there and may give you some extra support.

7. Oh I gotchya! I know EXACTLY what your problem is! You need to have a "counter weight" - in other words, have another pipe cleaner at the bottom of the base of the stem pulling 180 degrees away from where you're LSTing.

Here's a visual to make it simple. Where I drew the red line is where you should put your counter. In other words, if you're bending the plant in one direction, make the pipe cleaner at the base go the exact opposite direction so it doesn't uproot itself.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  8. I would say for your first grow and using an autoflower seed I would just let it grow, what light are you using ?

9. Thanks for your help,, I've LST two or three branches, Now my next question is can you do too many limbs. Right now I look like I have gain a few more ??? not sure what you call them, for lack of proper slang I'll go with flower ???? It's a White widow auto grow and I'm in the late of the third week. Thanks once again for your help ..the counter weight worked great.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm on my first grow also so check my journal out about my lst. I waited about 3 weeks before I started bending down. I also broke a branch, taped it and had full recovery. Good luck with yours and it's looking good so far

check out my first grow/journal https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1423342/

11. you can't lst to much IMO, the idea is to create as many dominant tops as possible, by tying down the tops you force the plant to rearrange growth hormones called auxins, they control the growth of certain nodes, by tying them down the plant thinks something is in the way and moves energy to other limbs to grow up the light, ideally you want as many tops heading to the light as possible as this will increase yield, I found I get best results when I keep the dominant top low while the others catch up, this will balance the hormones equally among the lower nodes, best of luck, also I lst at about 6in or so, doing any lst before hand isn't really nessecqry as having any leaves low to the soil will reduce quality air flow

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's most important to LST the 3-4 strongest growing branches to let the slower ones catch up. The goal shouldn't necessarily be creating tons of off-shoots, but getting what you do have to grow evenly and make the best use of your light. If you train a lot you'll end up with lots of small branches with small buds. If you just train just a few you'll get fewer, larger branches and bigger buds. Can you post any pictures?

White Widow autoflower x4

13. Sorry no pictures, have no camera in fact I'm so old that I don't even own a cell phone,,, Haven't tried to grow before, quit smoking pot 27 years ago. When I started smoking you could buy a pound for $90 lol

14. Okay another question,, how tall should a 3 week (from sprout) White widow auto grow be?

thanks for y'alls help

15. This is what mine looked like at roughly three weeks old in hempy buckets. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Thanks, this is my first grow,,,mine are somewhere in that range...I was afraid I had the light to close and was stunting their growth.. I read somewhere that can happen.. I'm using regular LED 1600 lumens ,,other lighting is eSavebulbs Full Spectrum LED Grow Light 120W Square Red Blue Hanging Panel Led Light for Greenhouse Indoor Plants AC 85V~265V here is a pic of light, not my plant

17. Unless your light is within an inch or two I don't think you have to worry about it being too close. You may want to consider adding some more light before they start to flower. If you have some soft white CFL bulbs laying around those can help.

White Widow autoflower x4