Is my plant ready ?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Omar Martinez, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Hi guys just wanted to know if my plant is ready for harvest or do I still need more time ? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. No trichome photos, eh?

3. Can't tell without close ups of the trichs. What does the manufacture say the average time is on flowering?
    Hairs are read, but not that much trichs I can see

4. Looks close to me judging from hairs bein red I’d check trichomes for what effects your trying to achieve.

5. It looks like it’s beginning to reveg. Was this an outdoor plant that flowered in spring?

6. You would be considered "in the window". You can go more, or hack em. The hair rule (when 40-60% hairs turn from white to orange/red) is a good thumb rule. Looking at trichomes with microscope/magnifying glass is better. A cloudy white trichome is good for body highs (Like..I'm going to go for a hike and hug a tree today!). An amber trichome will give you more of a couch-lock (I'm so fucking stoned) high. Keep in mind, that the plant WILL continue to mature for couple/few days as it dries, once it's hacked down and hanging in a dark drying room/closet with good ventilation. I think you could let them go a little longer, but I like the couch-lock high, myself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. What is it? How long has she flowered? They don’t look ready to me

Peace

8. #8 natas-420, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Sometimes, especially if one has to deal with rolling coastal fog, you may not have the luxury to keep them going. If you can, great. Also I don't look at mold as an entirely bad thing, provided it doesn't kill the plant (i.e. couple buds here and there...maybe a cola you can cut out the bad bud out of, etc.I.e. not catastrophic)..I look at mold as a toll you must pay back to Mother Nature, and kinda sorta use it as an additional indicator believe it or not. If all your shit is starting to mold, that's when you go WTF, and hack em down..lol. That kinda sorta happened to me last year, but it was cool. I only lost maybe 3-4 colas (maybe 1 or 2 mains, and some lateral colas..no biggie) from the 30+ plants I had, so not a big loss.

9. Definitely not ready.

This link will take you to one of my posts pretty much showing the beginning, middle and ending of the flower cycle.

10. I don't care if it's not ready, I'm ready! ^^

11. Remember, it's all about the trichromes. You can have the fattest buds and if the trichs are all clear, you won't get high. Invest in a jewelers loupe with at least 60x strength so you can look at the trichromes and judge for yourself.

12. #12 natas-420, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Radioshack has those pocket microscopes too. Works great.

* At least...they used to. Might not anymore.