I quit alcohol and now I can’t get enough of Weed!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BurnStoner, Jan 12, 2020.

1. I used to go out drinking with ‘friends’ every night. Lord those booty contest. Loved them! Anyways I was drinking every day for a good year or two. It progressed

I didn’t understand
    It was all Normal part of life

Eventually, I started smoking weed more. Then I just didn’t feel like going out so I would just smoke.

Saved my life

As I got older I learned I came from a family of alcoholics. Great granddad Grand dad. Dad. Brothers. Almost me

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Weed to the rescue !!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. You a living legend!!!

4. I lie and say I'm on Pain Killers(weed) it works well now for er ..years lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Congrats

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. 8 years sober over here.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Yeah I quit smoking weed for a bit a while ago... Ended up turning to alcohol, gambling, and even more cigarettes than usual.

Since the start of the year, I quit gambling and quit smoking cigs cold turkey. Still drinking, but that's the next thing to go :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The coronavirus pandemic is about to change how we smoke in terms of availability and supply. Wow... I guess we going on a long T-Break..Lol...did someone just press the reset button?

9. I have never been gladder in my life that I grow my own. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Edibles = 5 times the stone from the same amount you just smoked.
    And it lasted all day not the 45 minutes it did when smoked.

Edibles RULE !!!!
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  11. Weed is still seen as immoral in my country, they are ignorant of the advantages of using weed but are quick to embrace alcohol. The government too clamps down on weed smokers. It’s such a drag around here ! Smh...

12. I used the marijuana maintenance program to sober up a long time ago.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Amazing, how was it like ? Mind sharing your before and after experience with us?

14. Sure, I was drinking two six packs of 16 ounce Buds a day until I switched to vodka, to lose a little weight. Well, I started gulping down the vodka and grapefruit like I did the beer and for the first time in my life, blacking out. I finally realized that I wasn't setting a very good example for my kids and tried AA for a bit. But at the time, I was agnostic and felt like AA was trying to suck me in. Everything seemed related to God in AA, most meetings are held in churches, listening to people praise God for their sobriety and finally the 12 step program which refers to God a couple of times, I figured the 12 step program was the heart of AA and if I couldn't get past the 12 steps, what's the use? I decided to "White Knuckle" and do it on my own. Now professionals will tell you not to do any drugs when you're trying to sober up, it leads to booze and I was warned that I would be a dry drunk, just as miserable but sober. I stopped going to AA and started (continued) smoking weed. The irony in all of this is that now I'm a believer! If anyone out here is struggling with alcohol, I'd highly recommend AA, They've saved thousands if not hundreds of thousands of lives.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. I'm glad that AA works for some people, but 1 in 15 staying sober, which I believe is about the percentage of success that AA has with it's program, doesn't sound like something that should be the main resource of remedying alcoholism in our society.

• Agree Agree x 1