I quit alcohol and now I can’t get enough of Weed!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BurnStoner, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Was once an alcoholic but now strictly on weed ...if I must drink it’s either water or more water. 1 year since I started and I keep regretting ever tasting alcohol. Lol ...Funny how I hate alcohol to the extent I don’t like its odour except for wine. Is this competently normal ?

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I have epilepsy so I don’t drink. But when I used to a few years back I honestly never enjoyed it. Just was never myself. I’m addicted to weed now. Monday - Friday I smoke after work at night. Saturday and Sunday I wake and bake all day. Just so happy now . No hangovers, and just slows time down a bit so you can enjoy life and the time you have left in this planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 10
  3. When I quick drinking a few years ago my weed intake went WAY up for quite a while. I smoked way more cigarettes too. Wasn't until over a year after I quit drinking that I quit smoking. Weed intake went up more, it wasn't until almost a year after that my weed intake slowly came back down to my old 'normal' levels.

Much better lifestyle. Kudos on kicking the drink!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I stopped drinking about 20 years ago. Was a vodka martini drinker so it's the taste of near pure Ethanol I miss.
    Now my body has a nasty spiteful reaction to even just a 1/2 a shot and I'll feel like crap all the next day with even a taste of the stuff.

Thankfully the smell doesn't bother me at all as I use 190 proof to make tincture for RSO reduction.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Cheers to happy stoney days

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I dont drink anymore (14 or 15 years?) either and also find the smell of alcohol pretty gnarly and it sorta turns my stomach. Smoked ganja a good 30 years but drank a lot of that time. Funny as it is, I like the high all by itself more then I ever did with alcohol or compared to being drunk. I cant believe how much better I feel after being alcohol free. I also noticed how fuckin retarded they all are when they have been drinking. My favorite game is to take unflattering drunk pics of my drunkard friends. It. Is. Fuckin. Awesome. I cant recommended it enough!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ahhhh... *sips morning coffee* Sobriety. Waking up calm, not confused, and ready to tackle the day. I love it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lmao! I guess ur experience isn’t any different from mine since I stopped alcohol. & about been retarded. Lol. Can’t say much. I recall one time a friend took pictures of me in my drunken state. Dang! Dang! That was My first trigger to quit alc. I didn’t like it . It was f***kn retarded. Lol

ahhh! Best feeling ever!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Videos are worse. Hearing yourself slurring and mumbling and stumbling all over the place. You never realize how dumb you look until you see yourself sober.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. You guys don't feel like you're just swapping one vice for another?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. don’t you think cannabis is a more convenient vice compared to killer alcohol??

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I don't believe that convenient is the right word, but I agree that it's a better choice than alcohol for most people.

But a vice is still a vice.

• Like Like x 4
  13. I've always had a functional life consuming cannabis. By functional I mean I could build friendships, hold jobs, stay organized. Stay in touch with family and people I encounter in life. I had priorities and goals, I made accomplishments.

I can literally look back on about a 3 year period of very slow, very steady increase in alcohol consumption and a direct relation to poor choices I made financially, ethically, and just in almost any hard event that came my way.

I was convinced I had "bad luck" and literally put myself further and further into a a black hole of unproductive drunkenness and unreliability.

Years later I'm back to the self motivated, prioritized, and self-aware person I was before my alcohol ever got out of control.

Through all the thick and thin, cannabis has never, and I know for a fact, will never become that much of a destructive force on my life. Smoking cannabis honestly kept my head on my shoulders and allowed me to stay sober. Call it a crutch, or a habit, I'm not sure. I know it's nothing I NEED in my life, I've gone extened periods without it, but I really don't notice any ill effects when I smoke regularly.

There are times when life gets busy and I have to step away from smoking as much, but that's a no brainer, can't be baked all the time when there are things to learn and task to complete.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Your first mistake is believing thier propaganda. These are the very same people who brought you refer madness...

15. Yes I quit a few years back. Take pain meds and didnt need booze dragging me down. I actually have helped 2 people off if booze for over 15 years with weed. They are happy productive people. No AA either

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. AA seemed a little too churchy for me. I tried to keep an open mind when I was looking for help, but soon found that AA was not the road for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. When I quit drinking, my doctor gave me all these AA pamphlets and gave me a number to call. I had to laugh. I am not a joiner! Told the doc that and he thought I was destined to fail at getting sober. That was in December 2008.

I've been sober for almost eleven years now. I would say that when I quit drinking I started smoking more weed. But I think it would be more accurate to say that when I started drinking a lot I quit smoking weed, and when I finally stopped drinking, I went back to smoking weed pretty much like I used to. . .. Except that these days I vape or eat more than I smoke. heh

I guess it would be wrong to say I completely quit drinking, though. I have a quarter shot of brandy on Christmas eve, and again on New Year's eve -- both to uphold a family tradition, and to remember those who have passed on. Even that small amount of liquor pretty much messes up my innards for about a week but I figure you make your choices, and if they come back to haunt you it's just the price you pay for making them.

• Like Like x 2
  18. I had a healthy relationship with cannabis for a while - but for a time a few years ago, it turned dark, and was a substance I used to escape life's growing burden. I quit it outright for a couple of years, and found that I replaced weed with alcohol and food, opposite the OP I suppose.

There was an underlying need for something to fill that void with - which I've found healthy alternatives to now (business and family) - but I think it's crucial that people understand exactly this, that vices often have an underlying reason, and when one gives one up without solving the problem, something else tends to take its place.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. This, exactly.

When you eliminate something from your life, however unconsciously, you're going to look for a way to fill that space. And if you're not changing the fundamentals behind it all, that void has a stronger likelihood of being filled with something similarly destructive.

Again, I'm in full support of trading an alcohol dependency for weed. But all too often, it's still imbibing as an escape.

Disclaimer: I drink and I toke and I exercise, sometimes all in excess, and it all fills the same void for me. And I don't claim that this is representative of everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Nice post!

A few months ago we were doing sober October on GC. Some ppl did really good. I sucked, screwed up twice halfway thru October.

My friend circle is very accepting of alcohol, celebrating with it for any and all occasions. Like, the sun came out today...yeah, let's get margaritas. Or shit, the sun hasn't been out for a week, let's do some shots. Binge drinking almost, tbh. Myself included.

My "inner" circle however, they understand the beautiful relationship one can have with marijuana. I'd choose it over alcohol every time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1