I made a oney

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by stonerman1559, Jan 14, 2018.

1. I made this one hitter from a stainless steel bolt. There isn't much to say other than I plan on making more, and in the process I will hone my machining skills. 0114180122.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Does it get hot? How's it work? Looks nice!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3. Its a good hit, and its way to cold here for it to hold heat. I'll let you know in the spring lol

4. Clean the room bro! ahah, healthy house healthy mind, stay well

5. Salutations StonerMan1559,

There ain't much need to overheat parts which have little to do with the vaporization process directly, except a bit of pre-heating of the bowl in preparation of a brief yet potent heat burst. Personally i observe no such inconvenience using my "daily tool": its main metal part doesn't burn skin when operated correctly and neither would its Flame-Catcher if it were massive and thermally connected to the body. M'well, nor does its wood start to smoke anyway...

My modded VG pipe is based on a Hybrid Core where i estimated the central shield/radiator weights approximately 0.75 g if made of SS304. My guess is you need to implement something like a "thermal bottle" which can hold ~100 joules for a delay long enough to perform the "1-Hitter" operation. The rest can be made of metal too and as massive as possible so it will behave like a heat sink effectively protecting human skin: it just needs to be decoupled thermally, with a temporary thermal bottle insulated inside...

Then additional considerations shall rise, i'm sure. So why not just take over where i left and creatively improvise from there:

A fair part of the tweaking has be done, « the logic is sound »... [​IMG]

:hippie:

Using electro-magnetic Induction Heat the burst would actually come from inside and hence you'd have it depleted for vaporization purposes before its heat charge even gets time to propagate to surrounding components. Enjoy what you're doing.

Good day, have fun!! :D