How to clean a glass pipe

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Snoopdawgg420, Oct 6, 2021.

1. I just bought a cheap glass pipe for $7. What do I clean it, and how often? I smoke about 1.5g a day.

2. You use 91% Isopropyl alcohol (available at most drug stores and Walmart) How often is up to you. A few folks clean their pipes after every use to enjoy the full flavor of their cannabis. However most folks clean their pipes less often than that, but, honestly, cannabis tastes best in a clean pipe. :apache:

I just put my pipe in a baggie, add enough alcohol to cover the pipe, seal it and place the whole thing in a second larger baggie (in case of leaks). Then I let it sit overnight. In the morning, I rinse the pipe with warm water. If you don't let your pipe get too cruddy, this will be enough to keep your pipe clean and looking like new.

Granny :wave:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Would 70% rubbing alcohol work too? Also, do I shake it for a bit before letting it sit over night? Here is a pic:

Attached Files:

4. Could I just buy a new budget glass pipe once a month instead of cleaning it every few days? Would that be unhealthy?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I read on here to buy some Mean Green so I bought some. That stuff is like magic! I hate the way ISO smells. this stuff has no weird smell and works better, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 70% will work but may take a bit longer if your pipe is really filthy. If you clean your pipe once a week, that is enough for most folks. And really, it only takes a few minutes of actual work! Slip it in the baggie, pour in the alcohol, seal and double baggie it. Rinsing your pipe only takes a minute or two.

And why on earth would you want to budget money for a new pipe every month, when you could be buying more cannabis (or other things you might want, or need) with that money? :confused_2:

Granny :wave:

7. Bought a small, easy to clean glass pipe the other day for $10. Here's a pic:
    I would imagine that would only take like 1 minute to clean every day? Q Tips and ISO.

Attached Files:

8. That is an option. Not hard to clean them though.

9. lmao completely unnecessary and wasteful! Just clean your pipe with some rubbing alcohol and salt as needed and it will literally be as good as new. It would only be unhealthy to your wallet really. But technically, it's a good idea to clean your new pieces too so really there's no benefit.

10. Who knows, SnoopDawgg might make 100$ an hour. If so, cleaning pipes would be a waste of time. 15 minutes of work = a month worth of pipes.

11. I just fill a cup up till it’s over the height of the bowl, place the bowl in the cup, microwave the cup for 1:30-2 mins, pull the cup out, water will be boiling or just under boiling, most of the resin should be in the cup of water. Lay a paper towel out and spoon the bowl onto the paper towel or dump the resin water outside,( resin isn’t so great for your plumbing..) place the bowl on paper towel, cover the shotgun/carburetor and blow the excess resin out, works every time. I use a chillum so the process is much easier but these cleaner companies make a killing and I’ve never had a bowl come cleaner than the way I do it, you can use cleaner after it u want for the smell but if you do it right there isn’t really any smell/taste left. Just a tip.

12. Even then the effort to just order a pipe and have to unbox it isn't much different than just throwing it in a bag with salt and iso and shaking it for a min

13. The difference between 91 and 70 is pretty much unnoticeable.

14. Not when you order a couple dozen at a time. Or pick them up from just about any gas station/smoke shop.

15. that's a bong bowl. not a pipe. I suppose you could use it as a one-hitter but that was not the intent

16. #17 Snoopdawgg420, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    I bought this thing because it's very easy to clean, compared to any other glass pipe I've ever owned.
    Do I need iso and salt? All I have atm is 70% rubbing alcohol and q tips.

17. Just iso should do the trick. Soak it for a day or two and then run hot water through it. Should come perfectly clean. If it doesnt it might take a little scrubbing with q tips or whatever.

18. True I guess, just can't help but feel like that would be kinda ridiculous even if I was rich. If I was rich I'd just collect super nice heady pieces instead.

19. Ive bought some nice/cool pieces. They sit on shelves and never get used.