How long can I keep my nutes in a gallon jug.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by edwardvanhalen, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Hey guys, I am going to be feeding my plants every other day so I will have a big gallon jug of my nutrients. I will only need a little bit out of the gallon. So how long can I keep the nutes in the bottle before I need to dump it out and put new water and nutes in?

2. I would not save any mixed water , I make enough for one watering at a time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I usually swap out at the end of every week. But I also run 5 gallons at a time.

4. So you, for an example would feed your plants and then after feeding get rid of what's left? So pretty much when I fee my plants nutes I should dump out the remaining nutes and wit until it needs nutes again.

The problem is I would be wasting so much nutrients because when the plant is small I can only give it a little bit of nutes, so then I would be throwing away almost a gallon of water with nutes in it.

5. it may get tedious, but you can measure out super small doses, 4 quarts to a gallon, just use a 1/4 of 1/4 strength lol, go math

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well I also use a drip recycling system, so I am able to reuse the same couple gallons for the week. Then at the end of the week when I need to add more water anyway, I pour out and re measure to keep it in check. I don't look at is as wasting as much, because the plants have already pulled out a lot of what they need. It would be alittle wasteful if you did it another way. It can be tricky adding nutes to the same res without changing it out. The EC and ppm become more of a hassle to balance, and you may have algae or bacteria growth that should be cleaned out.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Synthetic nuted can be left out for a while

8. Store in cool dark place, shake everyday. Check PH before each use.

9. Use a air stone I use roots organic nutes I done use same water in 5gallon

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  10. For two weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Run an air pump through it and it will be fine for the duration of your entire grow, no problem

• Like Like x 1