how clean??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by one spot, Aug 24, 2017.

1. just grown a male, got my new seed in trying to sprout. just wondering how thoroughly i gotta clean my grow box if anyone can help. thanks

Sent from my SM-G925F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I would clean the entire grow room, walls, ceiling, poles, etc, equipment and all using something like chlorox disinfectant spray..should de-activate the pollen..Stuff gets everywhere..think of your fans blowing it all around..
    The thought of losing a female, grow time etc would not really thrill me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. not so much a grow room as opposed to a bedroom with an engine crate and some foil lol. [​IMG]

4. OMG..MOVE OUT....
    LOL.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I agree with @Buzzer777 clean it all down with good cleaner. Anything that the pollen from the male plant could have touched.
    I had two plants hermie on me a few months ago, lost probably a half pound of smoke, give or take. I cleaned the shit out of my tent, lights, all of it. I haven't had a problem since. You can't be too careful about the pollen especially in a very small space like you are using. Clean everything, and you also should not use aluminum foil for reflective walls, its not a very good material and can create hot spots on the plant, ect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. A big thing to also clean is the lights ,many people of look this and it can hold a bunch of pollen ,the main thing is water will kill it so anything in the area should be cleaned if you feel there was a chance so of the sacs could ve dispearsed any pollen,fans lights everything ,even outside the tent should be whiped down with a wet rag,it s amazing how a spec of the stuff can ruin a beautiful female,

• Like Like x 1
  7. what would you recommend for the walls?

8. reflective mylar for the walls

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Snap3.jpg

10. A matt white paint will also work better than tin foil.