How can I grow tiny plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TokyTheBear, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Like the one in this thread:

http://forum.grasscity.com/general-...ch-buded-plant-whats-wrong-veiw-pictures.html

My best option seems to be to plant indoors, but space is very limited, and I would strongly prefer to keep it hidden from my roommate. I don't smoke much, so a few of these at a time would probably work great.

I've never grown before, but have researched extensively, have the basic knowledge and just want to confirm a few things and ask a few questions.

I plan on just growing is a small box, but I can't exactly gauge how much light I'll need for 3 or four plants. I was thinking maybe two 60 watt CFL's would work.

I plan on keeping them under the light 24 hours a day until they're about 4-6 inches tall and then switching to 12/12 to force flowering.

My main questions are, will the light be enough, and should I switch to a different kind of bulb for the flowering stage? I heard that you should have something more in the red spectrum at this part, but I really don't want to have to deal with HPS and MH right now. Is it even that important?

Any help is appreciated. ;)

2. Force flowering at that height will produce lanky full sized plants. You should grow a couple of plants, and find their sexes. Once you know the sexes, take a few clones from your favorite female. - and get rid of all the mature plants. Once the clones develope roots, you can immeditely put them into 12/12. A 3 inch clone will reach a height of 12 inches or so. You can fit about 2 in 1 square foot although giving them a little more room would allow for more light penetration. 120 watts of fluoros would work, but the yields would not be too, too impresive. Under a 400watt MH each clone yields about 1 oz. so id say for 2 plants, 180 watts of cfl would be okay. --and if you have more plants, increase the light respectively.

3. What do you mean it will produce full size plants? I've read about people doing stuff like this before.

And the clone thing is out of the question, because like I said, I don't have space for a full size plant.

Thanks for the advice though!

4. if you just want a little smoke for yourself man it will work but you will only get little tiny buds and a very small yeild.... use 14000k (or 6500k if you can't get 14000k) for growth cycle and 2700k for flowering .... how you gunna hide it from your flat-mate when it starts to smell ?? .... if you had a little exhaust fan you could put some moth balls in a stocking ( or napthalene flakes) and hang it inside your exhaust ducting ... cuz it probably won't smell too much being so small ....

5. you can grow 12/12 from seed and if done correctly you should end up wit a plant about a foot tall looking like one big bud .
    yes its important to have the correct colour lighting when flowering .if u use the 6400k light for flowering u will end up with really lose shitty buds .use the 2700k for flowering.

6. Wait a minute. Do you mean I should do the whole thing on 12/12?

7. I would only start 12/12 with clones that are 3 to 5 inches tall, when it comes to a seedling give at least 2 or maybe 3 weeks before flower. Like that would give you one cola. Depends on the strain to, if you don't do it right your only goin to get min quater off it even less. But only doin 1 cola is a waste for the plant and your yield+time growing don't you think. You could do a small scrog and get alot more.

8. heh i wouldn't waste my time or seeds on a plant that small.... i'd rather a big plant (but thats me)...

with a plant that small you'll be lucky to get a joint out of it when you're done drying / cureing

yes some people get ok harvest with tiny plants, but not in all cases....

i say you're better off going out and buying a joint off some one... it will save you or you're parents electricity and you're time and money

but it's up to you...
    thats just my opinion...

9. seriously,
    why do all you assholes condemn? I just dont understand this board anymore. Were supposed to be a community and help eachother out, but over half the posts I read are full of negative comments and condemning.

+rep to TokeyTheBear
    -rep to Mat420insanity

First, I give you props. Your new, you want to grow, and thats what its all about. I dont care if you wanna try growing a plant 5" tall. Its still a plant and its still MJ. Fact of the matter. PERIOD.

So, you dont want/cant have a huge plant. NO problem. I'm growing in a computer.

First, I'd suggest 1 of 2 things. Either put some money down and buy some autoflowering plants like Lowryder which skips the vegetative stage. Second, if you dont want to go with autoflowers, try 12/12 from seed. Then on top of that you can LST/FIM/TOP to see fit and keep the plant under control.

Welcome to the boards and I'm glad to see another enthusiast join us. I wish you luck in you future endeavor.

Second, Mat420insanity he is asking our input and for our advice. Why condemn him? I'm sorry that your head has grown so much, that small marijuana plants are just too good for you nowdays. Its a sad thing to see people with your attitude on her. We are a community, and we should help all who share a interest. I dont care if that means your growing 11ft plants outside, you have 60 plants indoors, or a mere 1 small plant in a shoebox. Its the fact of the matter that we have all converged to this one spot on the internet for one reason: Our passion for marijuana and growing.

I support him completely no matter how much weed he may possibly harvest. Your critisism and sarcasm was not asked for and not needed. Teach a man to grow, he shall have weed for life. Give a man a joint, he shall be high for a day. He is learning and thats what counts. Yield really does not matter. He could make more, he could make less. Who Cares! Telling him to not grow and just go buy a joint IMO is just a douche thing to say. People like you really just dont help the community with posts like yours. I"m not saying your a completely bad person, but I am saying posts like that are not needed.

Maybe you should go buy a joint, go sit in the corner, and come back when your attitude torwards others and MJ has changed.

Stuff like this is why I have started looking for a new forum to call home. This community is out of control. (its all about how you have to have the best weed....you get critisized for swag(we've all been there!)...and negative comments and posts are just becoming all to common)

TokeyTheBear: I wish you luck in all your future endeavors. You can do it. Don't give up. Dont get discouraged. Small plants are possible and really arent that hard. I'm growing in a pc so anythings possible.

10. Oh! The irony!

I saw no condemnation, critisism, or sarcasm (from Mat at least), just him giving his opinion, which is as valid as anyone elses.

11. Theres lots of boards around the web, but were just saying why do something that takes 2 to 3 months to grow and only get a gino. Remember time is money, but everyone has the choice to grow or not. But if your a new beginner and tryin to grow something, then go for it bud, did'nt mean to offend any one on here.

12. I appreciate everyone's advice, (whether I use it or not) and the welcome from BFB.

It's not really worth it to get mad at each other. We're stoners, remember?:p

I think I'll go with the 24/7 for 3 weeks then switch to 12/12. Once I have a bit of experience I'll try the topping, etc with a bigger plant.

I'll start a grow log once I get everything set up.

Thanks everyone! :D

13. thanks rabiez, thats exactly what i was doing,
    just giving my opinion,
    i am not on here to be an asshole or make people mad.

anyways good luck on the grow, & no disrespect :D

14. +rep to Mat to make up for the -rep :)

15. yo tokey, good luck mate hope you manage your idea, id suggest lowryders cos you can have a constant rotation going on, 1 plant 2 weeks behind the other maybe then you wont have to wait so long between harvest, try and get 100 watts per plant and if you dont want room mates to find out get yourself a nondescript lil cabinet and lightproof it, should be invisible! and as for this argument, i think matt was just trying to give tokey advice so he doesnt waste his time, a tiny plant is just as much work as a normal sized one so makes sense to grow a lil bit bigger if you can, either way everyones tryin to help so GL Tokey!