2 inch buded plant , whats wrong ? (veiw pictures)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bud_buddy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. hey im new here and a first time grower..

i planted some random seed i had and this what came out..
    it started to bud when it was only 1 inch. why did it do that??????

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then it started to look like this after the big leaves got snipped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now this is how it looks like today (saturday3/4/07), i just took some pictures..
    its kinda purplish.. i need some advice on what to do next or if its ready?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

any advice on what i can buy at home depot to make them grow better faster and thicker? i seen pictures of some people that had brown balls in there pots what are those? any help and advice will be appreciated.

2. Well your problem is that wherever you live, the photoperiods are still too short to veg cannabis,its obvious that you can flower though.

3. i live in florida.. i planted this when it was a bit colder... what do you meen i can flower? yes im a newbie to planting..

4. well atleast its female and atleast youll get bud i mean u could put it inside somewhere under more light but im interested into what the final bud will look like and what it will weigh, kinda a cool littkle experiment if u ask me

5. so your saying its not ready yet? how will i know when it is?

6. that's so funny that it budded so small.

it's going to be like an eighth.

still cool though, props on keeping the plant

7. i am not gona lie that is some funny shit, its even more funny because its your first grow. that deserves an award or something, for the smallest budding marijuana plant.

is it bc there is not a lot of sunlight down there right now, bc if its like 12/12 or something it prob just went straight into flowering super early and without growth.

try planting a couple more and see if they grow like that. shit i wish i could grow plants like that it would be kick ass especially if you gota an 1/8 or so off of it. you could grow like 10 of those in pot.

congrats on your first grow, atleast its a female, and yet small it is still budding and such so i would consider that successful.

8. hey, how do you keep the plant so small? dude, such a good idea. if the plant produces any seeds you should sell them. maybe its some kind of weird hybrid!

9. To answer your question - it went straight to flower because there is not enough light out for the plant to go into veg. You need to read up on light cycles and what not.

10. yeah i guess it is pretty funny.. but i doubt i will get an 1/8 out of it.

its 2 inches tall.. and about 1 inch wide.. it doesnt seem to grow taller or wider.. its been that same way for 2 weeks...

there is plenty of sunlight all day.. i just blocked the sun away with my arm so i can take a good picture..

11. Its just not amount of sunlight, Its length of sunlight and darkness

12. so if i were to put my plant on my balcony for 3 hours and back into my room for 21 hours, it would turn out a little bit like this guys plant?

13. dude maybe you unknowingly planted a lowryder type strain. but if thats the case, its still weird cause they can get like 2 feet tall. far out man, far fucking out!

14. lol omg man thats awesome!!! :D

15. Everyones saying its cause the light cycles are too short. A plant isn't going to bud until it is sexually mature. If it started budding when it was an inch tall, there's no way in hell its sexuall mature.

Honestly I have no idea why its budding, maybe its some crazy ruderalis strain, but its not cause the light cycle is 12/12. I know that for a fact.

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/116190-12-12-seed-oasis-grow.html?highlight=12/12+seed

Even with the constant 12/12 from seed, the plant still didn't flower till it was 5-6 inches.

16. Plants are mature enough to flower at that height , it all depends on time. The light schedule in Tampa, Florida right now is around 11 hours and 30 minutes of light per day , The plants were probably started at a lower amount of light than that. I've planted plenty of seeds and found the same results around this time Last year. Also , I have a friend that has been trying to grow in starter trays this time of the season , hopeing for a field of mini trees lol. sounded like a good idea ... but most of them have turned out to be hermie for some reason.:hello: K+ on the grow, finish that plant and then prepare for Spring, Outdoor season is VERY close! :)

17. i live in sarasota, florida
    when is the season exactly?

ok can anyone tell me how i would know that the plant is done?

18. How old is she?

19. i honestly didnt keep track.. i think no more then like 1 or 2 months.

20. Get one of those $10 microscopes from radioshack and look at the trichomes (the crystals). If you want an energetic more uplifting high harvest when the trichs are around 25% amber and 75% cloudy. If you want a balanced high 50/50. If you want a couchlock narcotic high more like 75% amber 25% cloudy.