Homemade low pressure Aeroponics/DWC hybrid

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by c0rn, May 30, 2019.

1. @trojangrower, thanks man :)

Ohhh and pictures of that plant or it didn't happen hehe :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. All these plants were started at the same time from seed
    I topped the first one in coco,
    upload_2019-6-4_13-50-13.png
    started in rockwool and transferred to waterfarm,
    upload_2019-6-4_13-50-42.png
    started in rapid rooters (root riot) aeroponic,
    upload_2019-6-4_13-51-5.png

bit of scaling
    upload_2019-6-4_13-52-26.png
    upload_2019-6-4_13-52-43.png

aero rocks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aero does have explosive growth, beautiful man!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nice work TG.
    aero cloning rocks too.These manky looking tomato cuttings were sitting in a glass of water with no sign of roots the day i made the ugly cloner. I threw them in for a test with the timing set to 2 seconds on, 5minutes off.. way too wet. Settled for 2 seconds on, 8.5 minutes off and today they have roots. I`ll let them go for a few more days and then in the trash they go ;)

cloner test run.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Idk y but i be doing this with seeds and cuttings for lil tests then i just trash them..

Flower tent Vegging outside the flower tent

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I dont mind throwing tom cuts in the trash ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Installed some larger net cups.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Well they do call wacky tobacy right? Let's wack some weed hehe :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. The plumbing could be sold to a gallery as modern art ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Hehe well I do tend to over do stuff :)

I have a totally different idea and I think I will have to rebuild again hehe :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. i`m the same..never happy ;)
    quick update on the ugly cloner.Timing 2 seconds on and 10 minutes off with one day to go.
    cloner roots.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  12. #75 c0rn, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Here's a tomato clone I took last week in a similar box as the one I am building here, this is after 4 days.... I was shocked :)

[​IMG]

Is in this box, it has been amazing for getting vegetables seedlings started.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. #76 geoaero, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    ..Toms are prolific rooters, they only need a sniff of moisture to throw out roots. Today should be the last day for the tom cuttings in the cloner. I might give them a stay of execution and put them in a small veg tent (aero setup) thats free for a couple of weeks. Happy with the result from the ugly cloner, used a 50/50 mix of RO and tap water, gets through about 500ml a day draining to waste.
    roots.jpg

New pump fitted to upgrade the ugly cloner to 135psi
    cloner pump .jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Well keep us posted on your next build.
    I have my own system very simular to yours my huge problem is that i really need to have my reservoir separate from the roots. I have screens installed so they keep the roots from getting down into the water. But I Need to test water at least daily if not more then that to keep nutes and ph correct levels.Which i feel is very disturbing to the roots.
    My current upgrade project is adding the reservoir tank next to my aero tote and plumb everything through the two totes which includes adding a pump so i can be pumping the excess water back into the reservoir.I will have to watch and setup timers accordingly. Don't want pumps just running with no water. I'm planing on doing them side by side because height in my room is limited. Other wise i would stack and use gravity to drain. I'm running 3 GrowMau5 LED PUCK V3- with more on the way. I'll post some pictures when i get home.
    Who has this system that has completed a flower cycle? I'm curious how that goes seems like veg is doing great.
    Great looking Setups everyone that aero ROCK looks nice i've never seen that before

• Like Like x 2
  15. I`d use a peristaltic pump, float switch and a one shot timer

16. I have to say, I love how ideas are coming from all over. Many great ideas :)

Keep it up!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I don't know who has completed a full cycle yet. Wait another 6-8 weeks and ask again hopefully :)