Homemade low pressure Aeroponics/DWC hybrid

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by c0rn, May 30, 2019.

1. Hi all!

Started my build today, still things to sort out but I am getting there slowly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will be connecting a small pump to the drainage so I don't have to suck out the water.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. What size rubbermaid?

details please lol

cheers/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah sorry for very little details :)

It's 55 liters/14.5 Us Gallons.

I was planning on doing a full write up tomorrow :)

Here is a similar one I built for young veggies. The below gif is one week's growth.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Great Gif ...avoid using them lights on weed

as way too weak

cheers/

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hehe true, those lights are only 15w each. I use a quantum board for my "proper" stuff :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Good lights for starter plants seems to me. Hey bro, thanks a lot for posting.
    I'm so watching this thread as my aero is crashing! You know though, just added a gallon of ice (bleach bottle containing water) and the temps sitting at about 67F so perfect!
    Your system is nice! Very good work.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nice veggie set up c0rn. I`d put it outside and use the big halide in the sky ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. I have loads outside in something similar but larger :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. So I have two girls growing in my box at the moment but they have been so abused and they are dying, for example I turned off my sprayers and checked my PH levels this morning and forgot to put them back on again for 9 hours. Going to start over with new seeds tomorrow so all good :)

But anyways, I noticed that the lid is not as thick as I thought and it's leaking light so I started thinking what I could do to fix it.

This is what I am trying now to see if it works. I taped three layers of gaffer tape and then one layer of this reflective aluminium tape I found. Now it is really really light proof :)

The tape kinda feels thick aluminium foil.
    [​IMG]

Looks pretty good I think. I am hoping this will help reflect heat as well.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Me too, these seedlings went in today and have a lot of catching up to do ;)
    I`d recommend using double bubble foil insulation, works wonders for indoor or outdoor set ups.
    outdoor aero.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. That looks really good and clever, wonder where I can find stuff like that :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Hehe I am the same, I hate waiting for things :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. #14 Sypha, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Atm its in nj right where im from in nj.. right in my area.. but since i moved i have to wait a bit longer till tomorrow.. if i wouldve still lived in jersey i would have received it today but i have no choice but to wait now

Flower tent Vegging outside the flower tent

• Like Like x 2
  14. @Corn, you can save them plants. I had the same thing going on, bad nutes (for me) and still I'm being stubborn.
    I've changed the nutes and its maybe recovering; EC 1100 yesterday, today 900, but the plant looks like some kind of flower wig from the 1960s!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah I think that I am going to try and save them :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. I have seen pictures of cannabis getting three leaves instead of two but never in the middle of the growth.
    [​IMG]

17. So the pump came in.. had to modify the manifild to fit my bucket..

All seems to be working fine as far as im concerned.. but i think the mist may ne hitting my lid too hard kinda like too much water.. IS THAT POSSIBLE.. TOO MUCH WATER cuz my bucket size??

(Idk y the pics loaded in a wacky order not really in timeline but scattered instead of loading in order of pic taken’)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Happy you got her going Sypha!

• Like Like x 1
  19. I like it! And I don't think that will be to much water. The only thing I would "worry" about is that bucket looks like it let's in a lot of light. Any light into the bucket can cause problems, just so you are aware of that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1