Homemade cloner-Before I waste my time Please Help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ewbwa25, Apr 5, 2015.

1. \tOk so over the winter I've bought several Vicks vaporizers/humidifiers.The cheapest ones at Wal-Mart, the one listed above, I think I paid roughly $25 at peak of flu season, and for my house and they've worked quite well at keeping our noses and chests clear.  So as i was putting them away for the winter i thought ''could this work as an aeroponic cloner" if it were set inside tote or bucket. Would it be able to deliver an adequate amount of water to the cutting to allow rooting? So please help me out before I waste any resources?ALL COMMENTS WELCOME 
    Mind you these humidifiers price between $12 and $100 USD
    \t \tTypes of Humidifiers
    There are many different ways to raise the humidity in your home. For example, you can put a pan of water on the stove or on the radiator, or you hang wet towels near a heater duct. But most people use a mechanical humidifier to do the job. Here are the four most popular technologies:
    • Steam
      \t[​IMG]
      KAZ V150 steam vaporizer
      Often referred to as a "vaporizer," a steam humidifier boils water and releases the warm steam into the room. This is the simplest, and therefore the least expensive, technology for adding moisture to the air. You can find inexpensive impeller models for less than $10 at discount stores. Another advantage of this technology is that you can use a medicated inhalant with the unit to help reduce coughs.
    • Impeller
      \t[​IMG]
      KAZ V400 impeller humidifier
      In this humidifier, a rotating disc flings water at a comb-like diffuser. The diffuser breaks the water into fine droplets that float into the air. You normally see these droplets as a cool fog exiting the humidifier.
    • Ultrasonic
      \t[​IMG]
      KAZ 5520 ultrasonic humidifier
      An ultrasonic humidifier uses a metal diaphragm vibrating at an ultrasonic frequency, much like the element in a high-frequency speaker, to create water droplets. An ultrasonic humidifier is usually silent, and also produces a cool fog.
    • Wick/Evaporative System
      \t[​IMG]
      KAZ V3500 evaporative humidifier
      The wick system uses a paper, cloth or foam wick or sheet to draw water out of the reservoir. A fan blowing over the wick lets the air absorb moisture. The higher the relative humidity, the harder it is to evaporate water from the filter, which is why this type of humidifier is self-regulating -- as humidity increases, the humidifier's water-vapor output naturally decreases.
    Here are some things to keep in mind as you are weighing the advantages and disadvantages of the different technologies:
    • Steam vaporizers can be dangerous around children because they can cause burns. They also have the highest energy costs. However, there are no bacterial or mineral concerns with this technology. 
    • Impeller and ultrasonic designs have low energy costs but raise two concerns. First, if the water gets stagnant, these designs will spray the stagnant water, and any bacteria it contains, into your home. This is why it is important to clean the tank regularly and refill it with clean water when you haven't been running it. Many high-end ultrasonic units therefore have antibacterial features built in. For example, some units use ultraviolet light to kill bacteria.The second concern is minerals in the water. Impeller and ultrasonic designs send these minerals into the air. If the water in your area contains a lot of minerals, you will notice them as dust. The EPA does not issue health warnings about minerals in the air, but does recommend using low-mineral water (such as distilled water) in your humidifier. Many ultrasonic models feature a demineralization cartridge that filters minerals out of the water to prevent the dust.

2. I'm eating right now, but I'll come back and detail my ultrasonic if you'd like.

image.jpg

image.jpg

3. After 4 days...

image.jpg

4. kick ass when ever you get the time let me know

5. It may actually be a little later.
    My boy is playing on my laptop, and me doing much on my phone seem convoluted around this place.
    Save your vaporizers for cold season though...