Home made compost and tea question(s)

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by GroFoMoFo, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Good morning. I had a few questions about compost teas and compost if anyone has the time or experience, what you know would be greatly appreciated. I recently decided to start doing my own composting and tea making but really not shure if what Im doing is effective.
    So usually what I do is take about 2 scoops of compost mix with about 3 gallons of water, add around 1/4 cup of EWC and a tsp of brown sugar and let it bubble with portable air pumps for an hour or so. Then I strain through a 25 micron bag and funnel into jugs and bubble again for an hour before feeding to the plants.
    Is there anything wrong with this method? I know I could brew/bubble longer but is my quick method effective as well?

Grofo Grows Autos&Photos w/288v2 260w kit

2. I've brewed Heisenberg tea before and it worked great. I did it when I got root rot. Now I only use Great White for the roots, I'm lazy so that's why I use it.

3. Is that what this is? Heisenberg tea? Or is that an example of a style that you used and worked? I have no way of testing what is coming out the compst and ending up in the tea, so I don't know if its helpful or not. I've done it maybe 4 times already and the plants aren't dead, so I guess I'm on the better end of the spectrum.