Hey Guys, Which lights do I buy?!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by vonspillar, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Here it is join up .

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

2. I do a perpetual grow of two plants every two weeks
    I have 2 - 5x15 rooms one veg/mother/clone one bloom
    I use t5 and cheap exelvan LED lights in the Veg room - I do 4 clones each run and keep the best growing 2 - I have 1 mother now - will have 5 mothers MAX..
    In bloom 1 HLG - QB288V2 with a slate 2 heatsink - 4000k - cost 190.00 (could only afford one to start) - this is over the plants in the last of my 4 bloom areas
    I have cheap 20.00 quantum boards I got off of ebay over the other spaces for now
    Each bloom area only has two plants in it.
    I stared using General Organics nutes - but they are owned by monsanto now so no more - I will be switching to CANNA coco line - and Penningtons Alaska Naturals line of nutes

• Like Like x 1
  3. You said "I will upgrade to white light LEDs soon though." do you mean a full grow with just white LED's/COBs? Does that mean youre ditching the HPS for full LED? Or HPS and LED-

4. I will keep my HPS and maybe do a comparison grow at some point. But after discussions with those who use qbs and cons with stellar results, I think I’m going to build a light this winter with a combination of qbs/cobs/ far red lighting, and a Makers LED controller.

5. Many options and they keep getting better everyday

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I love my 3500k my friend does a mix 2 3k and 1 4k and he just ordered 3 more and I got him so much savings bc I referred him to them and I have a coupon code they gave me and I am no way affiliated with them I don't make any money or any profit in anyway but a 10 by 10 covered by only 6 led boards and getting great results is amazing

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. 2 of the 288 boards V2 are equal to a double ended HPS 1000W

8. That's sounds like a great idea there is so many options now it's crazy, check out folux solution led they aren't QB boards but they use the same exact chip number of.chips and I am a fellow grower so I am only recommend what I would use plus I can get you saving on a already on sale item

• Like Like x 1
  9. So you would recommend this;Folux Solutions • Innovative & Affordable Indoor LED Grow Lights
    over 2 of these (the qb288);QB288 Quantum Board

Really not sure what kit to buy for a either 4x4 or 5x5 with 4-5 plants. Just want the bang for my buck/weed. I'm assuming 500watts in 4x4 with 4-5 plants in white LED will smash a 1000w HPS.

10. I found this post as well; Folux solutions led scrog
    I feel like your best results was with the Blurple light, true or false? was lots to read through didn't get thru it all.

11. I swear by the HLG - right now there is a sale on the QB288V2 With Slate 2 Double heatsink and HLG driver for $188.00 - that is equal to 1000W HPS from what I hear and will cover 3x3 in bloom with 3000k and 4x4 in veg with 4000k

12. QB288 V2 & Slate 1 Single Combo
    This is the cheap one I will be getting while it is in stock

13. That comes with no drivers
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

14. Yeah the drivers are not expensive - dont know if I will go with adjustable or just straight

15. Have you done grows with HPS or other brand of lights to compare? Convince me on HLG cause 'll make an order right now.

16. If i was to buy this, would i easily grow 4 plants in a 4x4? seed to harvest?

17. I just moved to a place you can grow without issues - My friend has lived here for 15 years and has always grown - I have witnessed him go through HPS then T5 Then every brand of LED you can imagine CLG, Mars Hydro ect. - then he started using the HLG and they output so much more than the others - penetration is so much better.
    When I started my grow I only had a small amount of money to work with - I got 11 lbs. blocks of coco for like 30 dollars each - I was using the GO box and now alaska natural and the Go box - But will be SLOWLY getting CANNA nutes for the future - as for my lights - my friend donated his old t5s to me and I got 8 LED QB panels for like 140.00 they are the cheap 45watt ones you can get from ebay but all I could afford - after the first of the year I plan on starting the light upgrade to all the HLG 288 boards in Bloom the the year after do the same in VEG - If I had the money I would go with the 550s but I will never have 1000.00 per light kinda of money - I will be struggling to get the 250-300 each I will need for the 288 by next year

18. I dont know about the space I think in veg you will be fine but in bloom I think the 288s only cover a 3x3 - you may need to call them and get one of the 4 board panels that will most definitely do what you want ....
    here is the top of line setup
    HLG 550 V1

19. And a more direct answer is YES you will be able to grow 4 very nice plants - but they will be even better under the 550 - but it is 1000 and the 288 is only 250-300 big difference you could get 2 - of the 288s with dials to turn down the drivers and do a really great grow and still spend only half what the 550 cost but definitely HLG all the way...