Hey Guys, Which lights do I buy?!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by vonspillar, Jul 27, 2018.

1. First time grower. I want to grow the most potent, dense, amazing weed as well as get as much out of each individual plant as possible. Ill be growing in a 6x6x6 space, I think I can fit 5-6 plants in there no problem. I know about HPS, I know about Blurple chinese LED's, I know about Quantum Board LED's and COB LED's. I've done my research and mostly people say to go with the Quantum Boards or COB LED's which does make sense because it's newer tech and most expensive. BUT, is this true? Many reviews can be misleading with newer tech, I have seen videos and whatnot on how amazing QB's & COB LED's are but I've also seen amazing videos on Blurple Chinese LED's. SO..... Basically I need to know the truth about Quantum Boards and COB LED's and if they really do perform better than the Chinese LED with proof(I also know about the advertised wattage and true wattage in some chinese LED's; Like if I put a 600w(TRUE WATT) chinese led and compare it to a 600w QB or COB LED; Will the 2 plants be identical??). I Also need to know which light is going to give me the most quality&quantity weed. I Don't care much about the budget, just need information.

2. Ok good question u have done your research on lights. Now have u done any gardening research? Do u know how to grow at all? Do u know what your gonna grow with medium wise? Nute wise? What bloom booster your gonna use. Cal mag supplements I can go on. Because u know what all that shit matters. It's not just the lights. It's the person behind the plan which is you. I used two mars hydro 96s and a 1000 watt mh and hps. Got amazing results. But it wasn't because of just the lights. I can take an led and make decent bud. But honestly they aren't as big and as fat as with hps. U know why? Power!!! That's why I went hybrid. But what I'm telling u is there are to many variables to think that the light itself will be the key. I've seen grows on here that show good results on all the above u mentioned . And I've seen shitty results also. It's all about the knowledge. Read learn like u have been on the lights with gardening . Knowledge is power and then u will be the one helping people on here. Here's a pic of the last run . IMAG0407.jpg

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. I have done some but not nearly as much as I need, I have a lot of notes saved on my computer for the different nutrient/soil/heat/humidity/spacing. Now, If I was to have perfect 100% performance with every single plant and the nutrients/soil/all around care and health of the plants, which lighting system would yield me the most weed and most quality weed. Say I have a 1000w HPS and it does it's job, and I want to swtich to a 600w(True watt)Chinese or QB LED; would it yield me the same amount of weed just more potent and more quality? Or even with a 1000w(true watt) LED.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I do ALL led and I own a LEC/CMH , 1000W HPS AND DIMMABLE BALLEST and a shit load of led bc I do reviews for companies my 2 favorite lights I have done FULL CYCLE WITH IT PERFECT SUN GOLIATH, AND FOLUX SOLUTIONS LED, I KNOW FOLUX SOLUTIONS LED IS HAVING A SALE RIGHT NOW, BUT ILL SHOW YOU PROOF FROM EACH LIGHT I PROMISE GIVE ME ONE MINUTE
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. Could you specify which LED's you use? The wattage of them, how many plants you grow in what spacing, etc.

6. Well one thing I would say is that I've never seen a true 1000 watt led if u ask me . The leds don't run at full potential to keep them from burning out. I have a six by six room and had three lights running in my own soiless medium . Here's the room and the lights one 1000 watt hps and the two mars 96s I've recently added three 48s . If dude shows u the pics he said he would just keep in mind the variables all I'm saying . And also keep in mind the heat from the quantum boards and the safety. Diy is great but it's gotta be planned and done correctly. A lot of people having heating issues. So everyone will say diffrent shit about lights . But hps and metal halide will never fail u in yield .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Left one part out I think. The led alone will produce decent size bud but alone it will not make 5 gram dry buds . One of my smaller ones I have left now haha. [​IMG]

8. Folux solution led is Samsung 561-C diodes so they are like HLG QB they have 288 diodes same as HLG QB there kits so easy to put together and perfect sun Goliath is the only light that is strong enough to actually Change leaf color bc of light to intense for bulk stage I put my plants close, even tho they are color diodes at 5watts each and 520 total it is as intense as a HPS any day of the week I get longer better quality colas and no a/c in room just a intake not even a exhaust. But it's all a preference to what you want the folux solution led is 240w at full strength mine dim so I add a color led for UV and IR and it helps with bulking and also brings colors out and just make a great run[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. Here's the pic IMAG0404.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Under my folux solution led I do a 4 by 4 and it's a 480 total watts from those board plus 135 from 1 GROWant panel all drivers are outside room or high up so heat goes up I have a friend using 3 240 in a 4 by 8 my Goliath best FLOWERING light I own and it's 520 I have it in a 5 by 5 it's meant for a 4 by 4 so I supplement with 4 cobs from AMARE se 450 so that. Is total 720 watts and I'll pull close to 480 grams out of folux I'll let you know about Goliath bc I never added cobs there is 6 BUSHES NOT PLANTS BUSHES IN THERE

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think I crammed 13 in there and got a lil over two lbs

• Like Like x 1
  12. I do light reviews for companies so I get a lot of lights I am trying out ELECTRIC SKY LED LIGHTS RIGHT NOW

• Like Like x 3
  13. I think I'll get 3-4 oz off each plants so 6 plants they are on day 52 and both coming down on 70 so it's flush time start next water in my GOLIATH room

• Like Like x 2
  14. I have the perfect sun cob light that's getting flowered next in a scrog

• Like Like x 1
  15. I am in no way knocking hps it's proven to be a great light source just for my grows I choose to do led and dyi is easy it explains everything right on it where to plug what wire I am not that electric savey and did both of my boards in 20 mins

16. Nothing but plugging in wires no tools need for folux solution

17. I know if I put my FOLUX SOLUTION LED which is 480 watts against a 600w HPS in a 4 by 4 I'll get a higher yield with folux solution led bc my environment is so easy to maintain temps don't get above 82 in July with it in early flower and that's on the worst day average is 78-79 and 50% humidity ,that's my current run of white platinum og[​IMG]

18. 4x4 table
    600 watt HPS cooltube with 1500 watt King full spectrum LED (286 watts actual)
    C665EC3B-EA4E-4BC6-8B3F-66334B600E47.jpeg DE7900CE-8762-4F61-9EB4-818559F40AA5.jpeg 7CB5597F-CBC8-424D-BD4B-917BF2BD0D97.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  19. So I'm seeing setups of both HPS and LED, is there a benefit to that? than just pure led? You say 3-4oz per plant, how do I maximize that yield per plant? I know environment is a lot BUT if environment was the same and etc, Which Would out of HPS, chinese LED, QB or COB LED's yield the most with the best bud. Grow space wont be a problem, nor environment. Just need the best budget lights for a about 6x6x6 grow room to maximize yield and bud density and looks on 4-6 plants. I know that's asking a lot. But if that means I need a HPS & LED build or pure LED or pure HPS or whatever then fine. I have a budget of about 100-700$(on lights). Which lights? HPS, QB, COB, Chinese blurple LED or HLG/Samsung LED's. What is perfect for that spacing and amount of plants? Which also wont scam the fuck outta me or not produce the results I'm looking for. Might sound obvious for LED but which LED? HLG, Samsung, From Alibaba, etc.

Are you happy with this build? What could you have done with the wattage or kind of lights to improve your grow? How many plants are in there also if you don't mind telling. Say I was to use like Viparspectra, Bestva or even one of the off brand chinese LED's like Kind kindof is, without the HPS, would it yield and be the best bud as it would be with the HPS? Just the same wattage on LED? I can use both HPS and LED, just why.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HPS is the powerhouse. The LED is just for spectrum. I use the lighting because that’s what I have, and it’s working. I will upgrade to white light LEDs soon though.
    There are 4 plants in the pic, not including the three finishing up on the bottom. I ran 12 last run and just switching to 6 this run perpetual