Help seting up SCOG net

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Kingkush117, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Today is day 1 of flower for my 4 grape ape plants thare all 60days old and have been LSTed from day 20 thare in a 6x2 closet grow under a 600w hps, veged under a 600w MH and 2 300w LEDs
    Im not really sure how to go about seting up the net and what kind of net so some advise whould be nice. 20190222_151830.jpg 20190220_135444.jpg IMG_20190219_173510_648.jpg 20190222_151906_HDR.jpg

Sent from my LGMP450 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Nice looking plants. :thumbsup: A scrog net is pulled very tight with usually 3" openings and is usually placed 8" - 12" above the top of the pot. The reason for the tight net is so it's holds the branches down and forces the plant to grow horizontally. Honestly, you have already done a great job with lst and the canopy is flat and even - no reason to scrog in my opinion. If you do decide to do a scrog, I made mine with pvc and mason line from HD. Good luck.

3. I was hopeing maybe it whould help + my yields i have 4 plants iv managed to fill about 4x2 of the room with canopy, anything i can do for that??

Sent from my LGMP450 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I'm not sure how much it will help by adding a net at this point but you can sure try - it won't hurt. Good luck.

5. My first grow was going to scrog. It didn't work out, but I still did the majority of training during week one of the flower. Not ideal, but worked. Use plant tape velcro and twin to tie down branches for lst to open up colas. Maybe twisty ties also. 167110edeea5f8cc53f9a4cc3981964ddf248466.jpeg 1a0f0414ef57f5ffeee7543a6d5ab5e084d75f50.jpeg

A lot of times, people are just an ass, but smoke a bowl, and know to remember who you are.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Also, it's not everyone's favorite plant training, but I love it. Defoliation would really help out the bud growth. I did it to mine week 1 of flower also. That's my manifold girl vegging in a comparison. It's not even 24hrs after defoliating her. This is a couple days later also. 20190220_220811-COLLAGE.jpg IMG_20190222_131852.jpg

A lot of times, people are just an ass, but smoke a bowl, and know to remember who you are.

7. Dude, THAT is a sexy canopy. Hell of a job on LST!

edit: Can you post a late flower pic?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah, I find myself really dedicated to plant training, and it helps I am a diagnosed OCD person lol. Training the plant is something I try to take huge pride in, and will spend hours doing, but the pay off is worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Have a look at my current grow journal if you want to, or anyone. New Perpetual Grow Journal

10. You can make a scrog net out of pretty much anything. I used pvc and some wire I had laying around to make a grid of 4” squares. Worked out pretty well but wish I had built 2 for late flower.

[​IMG]

You can build your own and hydro stores will sell the nets. You can also use amazon of course.
    VIVOSUN Heavy-Duty Polyester Plant Trellis Netting 5 x 15ft 1 Pack

Scrog net was definitely worth it when I used it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bad link. Look for vivosun trellis netting on amazon.

12. I made my own to fit my space, dirt cheap if you have a drill, buy some 1\2 pvc with 4 90deg elbows, (4Ts for legs in my siuation) self drilling screws and some masons string, Mark your screw locations, pull your string and bam! You can use wood 2x2 but it's a lot heavier,

• Like Like x 2
  13. I'm doing that for my manifold with the PVC, but won't put a net on top for the first one. Just a PVC cage. That I can double as a scrog for the future. I will do individual PVC cages though, not one whole screen.

New Perpetual Grow Journal

• Like Like x 1
  14. Here’s what I did with some material I already had around my place :)

This was at 6 week veg, I positioned my ScrOG 8” above my substrate at about 4 weeks veg (sorry I don’t have an earlier pic for ya). Here’s some top down and frontal views for ya :) 4925E9A7-5692-495F-9E6C-8904CDD8205C.jpeg 37B2FEB1-605A-4380-A97D-235CD08DF91D.jpeg
    This is day two of flower after 54 days of veg. I’m growing a photo GSC from Nirvana. My goal was to fill out my ScrOG 75% then flip her; 75% was perfect! She’s in my light border, flat as hell, and I have a ton of bud sights taking in all the light I’m providing, minus the reining instill need to do tomorrow to open up some more sights. She’s pretty much done stretching now and ready to fill in them buds!! ❤️
    D649B879-CD51-4023-BE6C-1C74E8053D74.jpeg 0A3904BA-4A1F-4826-A74A-BAE017BACAD6.jpeg
    This was two days ago, I’m now day 20 of flower and I couldn’t be happier with her! Tomorrow I’m cleaning her up, trimming off larf and taking about 8 clones from her and continuing on ❤️
    FAE39683-7461-4068-AFA9-5639C947351C.jpeg 117222FF-9477-4268-BDD2-DBF9A17E37D3.jpeg
    This is my first time ScrOGing. My main reason for doing so is because I’m growing in a five foot tall tent.

My first grow was an auto. It was my first observation for growing my own plant. Learned a ton during the grow about the plant, and I’m learning a ton in this second grow as well, this is my first photo period plant :) The Auto grew like a skyscraper and I didn’t like it!! So now I ScrOG.

I used 2x2’s and wood screws. I’ll post a second posting to show you how I mounted mine in my tent; it works great and it’s modular if inners it to be. Cheers

15. This is a wooden ScrOG in my 2x4x5 tent. I found a really easy way to mount it in my tent. So, wether I’m growing a short Indica, or a tall Sativa, I can move the height of my ScrOG quite easily for different grows if needed.
    903A4EAC-2BAD-4697-BDE2-C3A254530DD4.jpeg
    These itty bitty clamps at Home Depot cost less than $1. And they clamp hard to my tent poles. However, I had to place a piece of scrap wood between the clamp and pole to increase the clamp’s jaw tension; it worked out really well. The ScrOG is pretty light, but I had to add the piece of scrap because the clamp itself easily slid up and down and I didn’t want to risk it moving. You could use these clamps to hold PVC too if you build a ScrOG that way :) I believe the weights would be relatively close with either material. I can assure you though that using these clamps this way has been awesome. I’ve hit the ScrOG here and there and they don’t budge at all :)

One modification I’m going to make after this grow is completed is I need add one more screw to each corner to prevent the two long 2x2’s from turning slightly inward toward the plant. There is a lot of tension when I strung the ScrOG, and it eventually turned the inside wood rails inward just a tad. Although this happened it does not affect my ScrOg’s performance. The spacing is 2.5” and it worked out really well too. I like that the wood is sturdy and allowed me to string the grid tightly. At the end of my grow I’ll be able to cut the string and remove it at harvest to make harvesting easier:)

Another thing you may need to consider is you won’t be moving your plant when it’s all filled out in the ScrOG. So for this I built a 2.5” tall platform for my smart pot to sit on. I slide a plant tray out after each watering and slide an empty one back under.

On that note, another modification on my next grow. I’m going to raise my tent up from the floor 18”. I currently just installed an auto watering system for my Coco Coir medium, and I want to have it automatically drain to a bucket for me, less work moving water! One of my pet peeves

Take care and happy ScrOG’ing to ya! ✌