Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help I have failed three times at making edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ViggoStoner, Nov 2, 2020.

1. #1 ViggoStoner, Nov 2, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    Okey so I need anyone’s help. I have tried to make edibles 3 times and failed. First and second time was quite similar.

What has happened

I first decarbed my weed on a temp around 115-120 celsius in the oven for about 25-30 min. After that I put a pot on my stove with water and a bowl so I could double boil it. After that I put in around two spoons of coconut oil and the decarbed weed and then I let in stand there in low heat for 2 hours to infuse the weed with the oil. And it didn’t work ate the oil after it cooled down and didn’t feel anything. Last time I did nearly same thing but with a bit lower temps in the oven but it was with hash (also wondering if the temps you should have change when you use hash)

What I need help with
    So what I need help with is if someone know what I did wrong and if someone knows something else that will work instead. I would like to infuse it to coconut oil or butter so I can eat just that and not have to make cookies or something

Thanks for your read :) (sorry if am stupid)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered (115 C)
    5 grams of decarbed Kief or Hash or Powdered buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil. (15 ml)
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin (2.5ml)
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (140 C )
    Freeze (optional)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (omit if you didn't freeze)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Mine is done with 160 micron Dry Ice Kief.

[​IMG]
    Kief or hash 1 drop = 3mg
    Powdered buds 1 drop = 1mg

I've made thousands of theses and they always kick ass.

Take 10mg and wait 2 hours
    If not stoned
    Take 20mg more and wait another 2 hours
    If not stoned
    Take 40mg more and wait 2 more hours
    Continue doubling the dose and waiting until it works.
    Keep track of how many drops it takes and now you have a baseline dose.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks man am gonna try it soon :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Whether you decarbed at 115 or 220 C makes a huge difference, and I suspect you really meant 115-120 C, not 115-220.
    If you used 220 C, then you ruined the herb, and that's the main reason it did nothing.

BrassNwood's method is excellent, and I employ it and similar methods with flower, using more convenient, larger amounts of oil. Above a certain minimum, amount of oil doesn't matter.
    Amount does affect concentration and dose weight, but not total potency.

You can even use this method using the recipe oil of any box mix of cookies.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ahhh fuck my high ass yeah I meant 115-120 sorry my bad

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. You're not stupid! This is a common problem and sometimes needs more than one person working on figuring it out. Good luck with the next batch. Your decarb was a bit short- 40 minutes is needed. Also, how much cannabis did you use? Did you strain the cannabis from the oil?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. I had a little bit over 0,5 grams of hash and when I used flower I had about 3 grams and yeah I strained it until I could no more I want all the juices ;)

Thanks for all the help

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm wondering if it's dose related. You're not giving an accurate ratio of cannabis to oil so it's hard to know how much cannabis you consumed. How many doses did you make when you used the three grams of flower? That should have given you six to 12 doses. The hash I'd expect 2-3 doses.Leaving the cannabis in the oil gives you a more potent product- you get all the THC. When you strain you lose ~25% potency.

• Like Like x 1
  9. If you're going to simply eat the oil then why bother with making oil, just decarb your weed, powder it, and down it. You can mix the decarbed powder with peanut butter or honey or put it in caps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yeah that’s true it’s just nice to have the oil it doesn’t smell that much and it’s easier to store without anyone noticing. But if I fail even with all this help from everyone am just gonna eat the decarbed weed. :toke:

• Like Like x 1
  11. With the hash we were three people that shared the oil. And with the weed we split it in ten doses.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Did anybody get high? If no one got high I think maybe your extraction was poor for some reason. I'd try doubling the dose.

• Like Like x 1
  13. No one got high. I think it might be the oven because we don’t have a oven thermostat so it’s hard to know the exact temperature. And it doesn’t help that it’s not the best oven in the world. Next time I am going to try a bit lower temperature, I might have over decarbed it but I only had it in there for 25-30 min. Anyways I just hope the next time it will work :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Then it's probably a combination of factors. Decarb at the same temperature for 40 minutes. Preheat the oven for a longer time to allow it to stabilize a bit. Do any of your friends have a better oven? Can you get an oven thermometer? If you can't dial in the decarb that's a problem. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I am going to get a thermometer for the oven as quick as I can and unfortunately we can only use my oven but we will make it work
    :passtheshit:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Grab yourself an Ardent Nova or an FX.
    Everything is done for you, put your weed in, decarb is done in less than two hours, you can then add oil and infuse it in 45 minutes.
    Very little smell, comes out perfect every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  17. I would but first of all I need to be sneaky and having the Ardent Nova at home will start many questions. And I don’t think they ship the Ardent Nova to my country anyway.

• Friendly Friendly x 1