Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by BrassNwood, Oct 16, 2014.

1. I decarb and make tincture from the post shaken material. Then I reduce it to tar and make RSO from the Tar and that makes full use of the material. Once washed with Alcohol it's done and nothing worthwhile remains. It gets tossed on the Compost pile at that point.
    Back about page 13 should be much of the work on Scraps to Tincture to RSO.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  2. Double post

3. Subbed. Read it all. Loads of helpful information. I’ll be making (low potency) hash caps in about a month. Thanks BNW

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey BnW, I know this is an old post, and I’m hoping you still follow. I’ve tried edibles from others and even tried firecrackers I made myself with great weed. I’ve tried eating decarbed weed on salads or just in a spoonful of salad oil. I got a little nauseated from my crackers- used about 1g per. Looking for pain relief. If edibles haven’t worked, should I consider caps?
    Thanks! Kwince

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I keep track of this thread I just haven't run off any Kief in a few months. With the summer harvest done and almost ready to turn to kief I'll be running it off and posting here in a few weeks.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Here is the Companion thread that covers the Hash Capsules in better detail.
    Edibles can be a bit tricky at first as we never know just how much each person needs for a good high. Many of us find store edibles to be useless either because the dose is way to low or the way they are made just doesn't do a good extraction.

Made yourself you know exactly how much went in and how it was processed and can make the same identical oil time after time.

Decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes (weed baked in the oven uncovered)
    Next grind to dust if using buds.

5 grams decarbed Kief, Hash, or Powdered Buds
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes

Done.

[​IMG]

This stuff works on 99.9% of the people who make it and use it. It's very rare to find somebody it doesn't send flying.
    Coconut oil hits 2x as fast as any other cooking oil
    Lecithin doubles the effects or more so it makes a smaller dose just as effective. Any kind works.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. A couple of questions about RSO/tinctures...

When using a solvent to strip the oil/trichomes from dry flower why is it necessary to freeze your flower and solvent (specifically in this case 190 proof Everclear) prior to blending together the two? PsychedelicSam also advocates freezing both in his tincture thread, so there must be something to this but it would seem to me to hinder the desolving of the oil into solution?

My second question pertains to the decarb. Couldn’t I perform the decarb while at the same time evaporating off the alcohol from the tincture? I was going to use a rice cooker that runs between 220-230 degrees to evaporate away the alcohol. Working with a small amount and slowly adding in more tincture till I have the entire batch reduced down to a level I like. Maybe then after all the water/alcohol is gone adding in lecthin and coconut oil to get me a more easily workable substance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. In theory the cold limits the transfer of unwanted green plant material. In actual practice I didn't see all that much change when running off room temp Tinctures. Limiting the time before straining down to just a minute or two had more effects then the temps did.

I've always decarbed the weed before making Tincture. I run a small pot still to recover as much of the $$$ Ethanol as possible then use a high speed 4 inch computer fan to evaporate the last of the water when reducing to RSO. I think page 13 has the most concise read on the steps.

Then I mix in Coconut oil and Lecithin to the reduced tar and do a short heat to bind it.

BNW

• Like Like x 1

8. you use -30 dry ice. The negative degrees stops the chlorophyll from being removed as will help remove lipids and waxes.

• Like Like x 1

9. If making pills you have to decide THC or CBD. In pills decarbing ads THC

• Like Like x 1
  10. I plan on doing this for the first time!! So I have a 5 gal bucket, my buddy owns a sawzall(I've never even held one).

So do I merely purchase an angle bracket from Lowe's and maybe a couple screws and washers? Cut a hole under the bucket and slip the tip of the sawzall in; no attachment needed, or what do I need to acquire to afit the angle bracket to the sawzall?

Do I put the micron mesh on top the bucket and turn it on upside down? Or do I hold the bucket normal sitting up and run the sawzall so the ice is smashing the weed in the base of the bucket, instead on the micromesh.

If the first, is the mesh needed? Or merely scrape the keif out with a credit card? I'm using alot of trim too. Best to do little at a time? Or just dump that shit in and toss a handful of golfball dry ice in and do it.

Thank you

Sent from my KING_KONG_3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. [​IMG]
    The bracket to paint can is the hardest part. You can heat and bend a blade or snap and drill one like shown.
    Warning the blades are nearly as hard as the drill bits so it is not easy.
    I'm on the 2nd version as eventually the blade broke on the mk1 adaptor.
    [​IMG]
    Upside down to load.
    [​IMG]
    Action Stations. Lid off for the picture.
    [​IMG]
    Running position. The blade guard need to be removed from the saw (4 bolts)
    [​IMG]
    Trim will be disappointing. I've run it and got very little before it started to go green meaning I was getting plant material and not kief.
    I run all bud. 15% return. a 1/2 gallon jar like these give back.
    [​IMG]
    Small jars with 15-20 grams of Kief in each.
    Low-medium speed on the Sawzall and about 90 seconds with a 160 micron mesh. I'd likely go a 220 when this one wears out.
    2 handfuls of buds and about 2 cups worth of golf ball size dry ice chunks.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  12. [​IMG]
    I mostly work from a near full 5 gallon bucket O buds.
    Knowing I'm going to hash the entire grow I don't have to do a close manicure on the buds so it's a matter of just trimming off the very obvious fans and lightly trichomed sugars.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  13. I was making RSO for awhile. I’m stage 4 colorectal cancer, fighting for almost 3 years now. I couldn’t grow enough to keep up with my consumption, and the feel good effects started to wear off. I’ve since switched to BnW’s hash caps made with kief, and they make me feel like Superman. I’m using a hybrid (Ethos Rainmaker) so it’s got the sativa motivation, and the indica pain relief. I even stopped taking opioids in the last few weeks. I don’t know if it’s as effective at fighting cancer as RSO, but I’ve eliminated any solvents so I feel that’s a benefit

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thank you @BrassNwood. The video in a previous page didn't work, so I quoted the large question above.

So the paint can, goes into the 5gal, then run the sawzall. Makes sense!

Sent from my KING_KONG_3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yesterdays adventures.

[​IMG]
    Just about 10 gallons of buds and the ice house handed me nearly 20 pounds of dry ice.
    [​IMG]

Setting up the Command Chair.
    [​IMG]

Reverse angle.
    [​IMG]
    Kief !!!
    [​IMG]

I packed the jars so 20-25 grams per jar and twice that in the big jar. 300-375 grams of Kief.
    Used up virtually all the bud on hand with just a couple of ounces I didn't run.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. That’s the way to do it. I just used my last 17 grams of kief to make 85 capsules. Great daytime medicine from the Rainmaker strain. I’m gonna miss it. Going to try Blue Dream (daytime) and Star Pupil (Nighttime) from my outdoor grow. Bubble bagging it though. What strains do you use?

• Like Like x 3
  17. Nameless bag seeds. A couple of my friends buy high grade dispensary bud and it always has a few seeds in it. They gift them to me but they don't keep track of who is who.
    I do some backyard crosses myself so between the gifts and my own crosses I don't buy seeds or clones any longer.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  18. Just a quick question boss:). The kief that go's into the capsule's, does that need to be decarbed still?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yes. 240 for 40 min.

• Friendly Friendly x 1