Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by BrassNwood, Oct 16, 2014.

1. #1 BrassNwood, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    ===============================================================
    Several Site rebuilds have broken the first 6 pages of Photo links so this will drop you where the Photos start.
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO
    ================================================================
    I've attempted to relink the photos but some are pure guesses.

In my ongoing efforts to make this process faster and a lot less like work I present the Hash Master
    A combined creation with it's origins shrouded in mystery it's a lot like the system I'd worked out with one big improvement. I'm not working half so hard.
    You'll need a sawzall. A can of some type. Mesh and some way to fasten the mesh to the can. Currently using a elastic bungee but I'm thinking a large hose clamp might be more secure. I've lost a load mid way when the cord slipped the mesh.
    I get dry ice either from the local supermarket or we still have an Ice house in town when the market runs low or out.. Try and avoid ice that is to far gone.. By that I mean what should be a 10 lb block is now 4 lbs.. As the ice thaws it softens and we need the hammering action of good solid chunks to pound our material to as near dust as we can.. Old dry ice is soft and turns to small chips we can't recover for our next run..
    Cut to the chase scene and stop flapping your pie hole already someone in the back yells.. Ok 1st picture..

[​IMG]

Just a simple angle bracket a few seconds of grinding to shape it to fit the saw and I was ready to go.. This failed after a few runs when the angle snapped at the saw requiring some modification.. Snapping off an old blade and drilling a couple of holes I bolted the blade stub to the angle and that is still holding fine..

[​IMG]

Loaded up and ready to roll.. It's a whole quart jar worth of good well cured bud from last year and a cup or two worth of golf ball and smaller pieces of dry ice.. That is a 160 micron mesh bag I chopped up and a 1 gallon paint can.. While I had originally hoped to use the cut out lid to pinch the mesh into place that didn't work out and I went back to what I'd used in the past to hold the mesh..

Time for the video ?? Sure it is.. Grasscity Forums - The #1 Marijuana Community Online 2 speed saw on the low setting and I didn't start just holding the trigger down for 30 seconds until a few runs in..

Keep running until you reach diminishing returns.. I never did get any green start to show just the golden shower of goodness slows way down..
    Once your done pour the contents out in a tray or one of the wife's cookie sheets and recover most of the dry ice like sorting seeds from cheap Mexican brick weed for your next run.. You may need to add a few more chunks between runs as it does wear down the large chunks and the smaller ones get used up..

[​IMG]

What you should wind up with is this..

I usually clean the mirror between runs with alcohol as it'll get so sticky I can't scrape up the kief with the card..

4 of the 6 1/2 gallon jars used in the production of the 7 jars of kief..

[​IMG]
    1/2 pint jelly mason jars

Hope you enjoyed our time together today and feel free to post your own extraction contraptions or suggestions to improve this one.. BNW

• Like Like x 19
  2. Sweet! I love dry ice to clean up my trim and larf- looks like this may be easier than shaking by hand! Very creative as well Brass! Thanks for sharing, LF

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Haha nice!!

Looks like somethin one of my redneck cousins would cook up!

I approve! :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Im seriously gonna try this with a plant come harvest!

Thats the way i like to do stuff....power tools

Tim the tool man taylor grunt!

Ugh ugh ugh ! Pounds chest **

seriously brass, you make it look too easy!
    Also, i cant find yur grow journal, been lookin for ten mins?
    Help please :lol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OK. . This is badass! 160 micron bag? I only have a 93ish, I think. . I know it's in the 90s, 1 gal bag. And also. I have fresh frozen trimmings and those lower air buds.. That will be fine correct?
    Thanks for sharing.. Any way to make those small pucks, pill press, With a dyi method. . I'm all about the dyi!

6.   Mole.. I made up a press of sorts with some tubing 2 nickels and a small sledge hammer.. It works ok but I'm finding I'd rather just use it as it is.. After a day or 2 the oils have a chance to permeate the kief and it looses most of it's powdery feel..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. #8 BrassNwood, Jan 10, 2015
    Running low on kief we put the Hashmaster 5000 to work again over the last 2 days.. The 1st run was partly melted supermarket Dry Ice and did a less then sterling job.. The 2nd with ice house material was a much superior run and much faster with the harder ice doing a better job of hammering the bud down to small pieces..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I always worry about this connection as it's the most likely fail point.. Did have to tighten it up mid day..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Each pile is a spent/processed load.. A few are missing that got tossed out onto the lawn..

[​IMG]

16 ounce solo cup for scale.. Total take from 2 days .. Total work time I want to say around 4 hours.. Hard to say because we keep taking quality control test breaks and then can't remember where in the process we were..

• Like Like x 8
  8. Motherfucker!
    That's sick!
    I wonder what exactly you could do with it besides just smoking sprinkling bowls and shit. You can't dab it because it's not straight heads, right? That would make some chronic ISO or...anything really...except I don't know if you could blast straight trichs into BHO. You'd have to mix in a bit of weed, or leave it somewhat lose - I feel it would create blowback if it were too tightly packed, but then you'd get air pockets if packed too loose.. 

9. #10 BrassNwood, Jan 10, 2015
    Mostly I smoke it strait from a metal pipe.. Old school stuff.. Then I learned a new use for it as hash caps from a fellow grower and that led me to Bad Kats thread..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wicked little mothers they will put you in your place quite well.. I've since changed to a simple eye dropper for filling as the syringe was to clumsy.. 1 or 2 every 3 or 4 hours will keep me medicated very nicely..

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more Here is your how to..

• Like Like x 7
  10. #12 BrassNwood, Feb 3, 2015
    Constant improvement on my Bad Kitty canna hash-oil caps..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  11. talk about contaminant city :p

clean up some of that kief over some different sized screens and you'll have some nice hash. but the dry ice method really gets too much capitate stalks and other contaminant, especially with a sawzall :laughing:

lol cheers man, capsules are the shit!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Damnn, I been mad interested in making capsules. I just ordered a few little eye droppers, a bunch of gelatin capsules, Soy Lecithin powder, and coconut oil. Anythingg else besides the cooking dish to mix everything in?

13. #15 BrassNwood, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
    An oven thermometer is a good thing to pick up.. 5 bucks or so at the market.. Just be a bit cautious when smoking while dosed on an edible or hash cap.. It doesn't take but a couple of tokes to send me flying..

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Most of the info is right on the 1st page but the whole thread is worth the read if you can.. I'm using the smallest stainless steel pet food dish petco had as I wasn't having much luck finding a small glass or ceramic one but otherwise I'm following her recipe very closely..

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah, I read through that every now and then, or at least just the main post ill read. I got a good idea of how to make them, I guess its trial and error from this point!

If I may ask tho, do you use keif, or bho? And how many caps do you make at a time?

15. #17 BrassNwood, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
    I use 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
    half a teaspoon of lecithin
    5 grams of 160 micron dry ice hash from bud

Decarb the hash for 20 to 40 min @ 210 deg F
    Mix warm oil, lecithin and kief-hash
    Cover and heat 20 min @ 210 degrees F .. Remove from oven let cool to room temp.. remove foil stir well re-cover and freeze..
    Up to 3 additional heat and freeze cycles will make it progressively more couch lock grade..

If your using glass or ceramic to heat in add a 10 min warm and 10 min cool cycle of your oven to prevent cracking your dish..
    Stir thoroughly each time it reaches room temps but avoid uncovering when still hot..

Edit:: I forget to count but 30 or so I'm thinking.. I usually run a double batch and it uses over half the bag of 100 gel caps size 0..

• Like Like x 4
  16. #18 RaJay, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
    So by heat and freeze cycles, you mean heating it at 220 for 40-60 minutes, then freezing for 8 &repeat that 2-4 times?

And what do you mean by 10 min warm/cool cycle?

17. 210 degs for 20 min is what I do in the small stainless steel pet dishes I use..

10 min prewarm oven time to prevent cracking a cold glass dish.. Same 10 min cool down with the oven door part way open.. It's just to insure you don't crack the dish and loose your oil.. The metal dish avoids all that..

A single Heat and Freeze will get you excellent results.. Adding additional cycles will make it more sleep inducing or so it seems to me..

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. My man! No doubt thank you