growing in woods

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by landryk, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Hey, I was thinking of planting some seeds this summer in the forest. I know a good location where no body will ever go, and will get good sunlight etc. The problem is, i will only be able to tend to the plants every few weeks. Is there any point in planting marajuana if you are going to let it grow wild? Will it be smokable? Thanks

2. Depending on the climate you're in, you may not need to go check on your plants too often, 2-3 weeks is probably a stretch, especially if there is a drought, heavy rain, hail storm, etc. At first you'll probably want to be visiting the plot 2 times a week to make sure everything is going good and no pests are bothering your plants and then you can scale back to once a week. Water is vital to keep your plants happy and healthy and growing!

There are some alternatives, you can build some automatic watering systems, here are two examples:

Cannabisblunt's Easy Gravity Irrigation System: http://forum.grasscity.com/general-...on-system-pics-outdoor-guerrilla-farming.html

OldPork's Auto Watering Machine: http://forum.grasscity.com/general-outdoor-growing/251520-oldporks-auto-watering-machine.html

Keep it green and good luck!

3. I used to grow in the woods and it worked fine most the time. Pests will be your biggest problem, trust me, deer will rape your plants. Spread some hair (yes human hair) clippings around the grow plot, this will keep deer away guarenteed. Just ask your local barber, they have no problem giving it away. If take a whiz everytime you're there, the smell of that should keep away other animals. And if you're sprouting in the woods, be sure to mist your sprouts with soapy water until they can withstand a few minor bug bites. Water shouldn't be too much of an issue. All of this kinda depends on where you are.

And yeah, 2-3 weeks is stretchin it. You should try to go weekly to check up on them.

4. Is there a point where deer will leave the plants alone? Or is it going to be a season-long battle with them?

5. human urine also makes deers piss off

6. wolf urine too. Don't grow in tall woods (no sun) unless there's an opening for 5-6 hours direct sun.

7. or you could buy some green chicken fence as im planning. its plastic they have it at home depot

8. deer are only a threat till the plant gets a couple feet tall, they mostly will only go for the sprouts

9. It's gunna take about a 10 foot fence to keep the deer out man. We have a 6 foot fence and the deer still jump that somefuckinghow.

Deer will stay the hell away as long as there's something really stinky around.

10. Depends on what deer. You obviously don't know the deer around here.

11. Lol. No deer here but I read many threads where big buds are eaten by deer and other animals.

12. Deer = satan over here. I'm more worried about deer than I am police. My first year growing, they ate everything, down to the stems, just before flowering. I almost shit myself I was so pissed.

13. No deer on my roof, LOL.

14. Make sure the opening for light can't be seen by choppers flying over. The dude growing in the woods in "In Pot We Trust" got fucked over for it.

15. #15 puff, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
    try using a tube made of 1/4 inch steel hardware cloth and put a top of same on it. sod staples to keep it in ground and around your girls. then take fishing line and encircle the place with it.
    knee high, waist high and then neck high. if they walk into it it will freak them out as they cant see it. deer were a mf back in the mid west but i never had one chomp on any bigger plants thank god.

grins and smiles :)

16. mothballs will keep deer away (and small animals) for the most part but to be safe i add the thickest fishing line waist high around trees around your garden to scare them as well, also some small things you can do is wait to pee till you get to your garden like stated above all these little factors add up to kepping deer away from your garden guranteed. last year i took over a deer bedding one week prior to planting and no deer the whole year !

17. im sorry but thats falsely incorrect, ive mine eaten when they were about 9 inches tall. fuck deer. their going down this year.:devious:

18. 9 inches is still a sprout to me, less than a month old for sure.

19. hahahahah my bad everybody, I read it wrong. I thought he said the deer only eat plants when they are a couple feet tall. My bad, much appologies