Grow in bedroom or spare room?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by cookie_crumbs, Oct 23, 2017.

1. #1 cookie_crumbs, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    I'm going to be moving out soon and am planning on getting my first grow setup asap after I get settled in. I'm going to have 1 roommate and I've been going back and forth on getting a 2 bedroom or a 3 bedroom. Would it be realistic to grow in the same room I'd be sleeping in, considering noise and space? Or would I be better off spending the extra money on rent for a 3 bedroom? I would like to get at least a pound off every harvest so a small tent in a closet wouldn't work. I would have something along the lines of a couple 2x4 tents if I went the bedroom route. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also money is tight so if I went the 3 bedroom route that would mean living in a shitty neighborhood compared to having a 2 bedroom in a decent one.

2. One thing growers can always use more of ... space

• Like Like x 1
  3. More space, more plants, more lights, more A/C, more fans more everything....Consider why your doing it and what you want to get from it and what you're willing to pay for it.

4. Do you plan on growing autos or photoperiod?

It would be pretty "easy" to get a pound off a plant if you went with a high yielding photo that reacted well to SCROG in an area as small as 2'x3'

From seed to harvest around 5 months if you went with a faster flowering photo.

5. I have a tent set up in my bedroom, but it's only for veg. The issue you might run into with all your tents in one room is keeping the tents cool enough while they are completely sealed. You aren't going to want the light leaking into your flower tents. Also you have to learn to sleep with fans and lights glowing in your room, not everyone can handle it. I've had sleep over with girls who complain about the light.

I personally would make the spare room your flower room and your bedroom veg with tents. Then you have room to expand once you have more money. And honestly if your growing in a prohibition state it's smarter to live in the shittier neighborhood so it's easier to hide in plain sight.

Plus building out a bedroom would be cheaper then buying all the tents for the same square footage.

Sent from my Pixel using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. if its you and another person then your also going to have a lot of stuff. i would go with more bedrooms because your going to run out fast and your room mate probably wont put up with the clutter and risk long.

checkout my grow in the link below i converted a bedroom into a grow with tents . and yeah its hard to lightproof a tent because you cant totally seal them and deal with the heat . the fan will start sucking the tent in and making a snapping noise .

• Like Like x 1
  7. What type of light will you be using?

8. I do veg in a 4x2 and flower in a 4x4 in my bedroom. I vent the veg tent into the same room, and vent the flower tent outside. My wife and I sleep well with white noise. 8 fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1