Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fresh/Frozen Flower RSO

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by weirdturtleman, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Hello, I’ve made RSO about 5 times and every time I make a better product, I dilute this RSO into MCT oil and give it to some people I know that could benefit from it.

Since it is taking sublingually I don’t mind chlorophyll and plant matter, besides I’ve heard it works synergistically with some other compounds of the plant so it may have some medicinal benefits, I usually make the RSO with dry low quality cheap street cannabis grown in the mountains (basically the only thing you can obtain in my town) and ethanol, First I decarb my flower, then I finely grind it in a blender, then I mix it with extremely cold ethanol and leave it in the freezer for a night atleast, then I filter and wash again. I’m going to start growing pretty soon, just waiting for my shipment to arrive…. but the last time I got high I started tripping that if I’m going to start growing soon i could skip the drying and curing and use fresh flower in my RSO, and decarb the RSO before mixing it with the MCT Oil.

Questions:

have anyone done this???
    any thoughts about my trip?
    is there a way to decarb fresh flower?
    could ardent nova decarber or a similar device help me with decarbing fresh flower or rso?

Also, If i winterize the ethanol before evaporating it I could use the cannabis lipids for creams or similar even tho there is chlorophyll and plant matter?

2. Something gets lost every time you try and rush a step in working with Cannabis.
    The slow dry and the 60 day minimum Cure bring the lesser known Cannabinoids to their fullest expression.
    It's that whole synergistic effect.
    Yes you can do fresh but I never will again.
    Dry first 140 F till stone dry.
    Decarb next 240 F for 40-60 minutes.

Ardent = Overpriced Toys
    A $20.00 toaster oven is a better tool.

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO
    My RSO work is here.

BNW

3. I make rso/feco quite a bit.
    Yes you can decarb fresh flowers.
    An Ardent nova works great and makes decarbing easy.
    The left over stuff that accumulates when you filter has no real value imho. It's mostly a blond colored powder (plant wax) that still can have some alcohol in it.

If you decarb fresh flower, you have quite a bit of water and it makes a mess of your oil. So it takes longer to filter and get the water out. There are folks that decarb fresh buds but they use subzero temperatures and separate canna oil from water and plant material in their equipment. Not something easy for a diy table top operation.
    I recommend first drying the flowers before decarbing and extracting, that will make your task easier.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ardent = Overpriced, but not a toy.
    Best marijuana devices I own.

To decarb insert herb, press one button, and have no smell.
    Infusion is also very easy, but with FX you must push 2 buttons to infuse.

Less over-priced is STX Activation420.
    For those considering Magical Butter Machine, STX Infusium420 is cheaper and better.