First Time Growing Purple (LED | SCROG)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ChabaBuds, Aug 29, 2017.

1. FLOWER WEEK 4:

Looks like the stretch is mostly over. The Mendo Breath ended up super leggy and filled the screen before the stretch was over, so she’s got a little bit extra length on her compared to the Kush. The Purple Animal Kush finally filled her side of the SCROG and is growing well. I defoliated all of the shoots and leaves below the screen as well as did some defoliating throughout the canopy to expose bud sites. I’ve surprisingly had 0 problems with either of the girls: no nute issues, they are responding well to the temps/humidity, no watering issues etc. Next week I will be adding some PK boosters to my feeding schedule (see feeding chart picture) as well as some PurpleMaxx the following week to bring out anthocyanins. Overall, these girls are tough as nails and growing super well. Any flowering tips and tricks?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Indoor LED/CFL SCROG - GG#4 and Skywalker x Grateful Breath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. FLOWER WEEK 5:

Went out of town for a few days and came back to a forest! Did quite a bit of defoliation and added PK booster to my feeding schedule. I also used some support clips to help out buds that were leaning. All in all the girls still look perfect![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks man! Yeah works like a charm!

4. #25 ChabaBuds, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    FLOWER WEEK 6:

I did some more defoliation, removing large fan leaves and those blocking budsites, and began adding Humboldt County’s Own “Purple Maxx” to accentuate the girls anthocyanin. With my homemade AC I can keep nighttime temps in the low-70s to mid-60s. I’m hoping these lower temps coupled with my addition of Purple Maxx will persuade these girls to start showing some color! I can already see hints of purple on the Kush. The Mendo Breath is still much larger than the Purple Animal Kush, which never did end up filling her side of the SCROG screen. On the plus side, this means a lot more lower budsites on the Kush are getting ample amounts of light, so hopefully by sacrificing a completely full side of the screen I’ll end up with denser, larger colas. Overall, these two have been goddamn champs, still not a problem to be had. Wish me luck for the final 4 or so weeks until harvest!

(PS, I included a picture with my LED on and the rest without, so you don’t get confused and think the whole plant went deep purple. I also included a pic from beneath the canopy to highlight my defoliation technique)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Indoor LED/CFL SCROG - GG#4 and Skywalker x Grateful Breath

5. FLOWER WEEK 7:

I finally started to see some purple! Both the girls are showing their anthocyanins and are starting to purple from the serrated edges of the leaves inward. I’m also seeing sporadic purple spots showing up around the leaves as well as some purpleing of the buds themselves. Still problem free and the girls are eating like their life depended on it! Couple more weeks to go![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. FLOWER WEEK 8:

Couple more weeks to go! The Purple has now taken over, most of the fan leaves and sugar leaves are changing color on the Mendo Breath while the calyx’s of the Purple Animal Kush are already a light shade of purple. The Purple Maxx seemed to help bring out those anthocyanins. I’ve also seen a huge uptick in resin production this past week as the girls are lookin sticky as hell! Still feeding both girls but will begin the flush next week.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. FLOWER WEEK 9:

Last feeding for the girls! I began flush this week and will harvest in ten days or so. The girls are hardening up and becoming covered in trichromes. I’m at about 5% Amber and most of the pistols have begun receding. Color change is almost plant-wide now and the terpenes are out of this world! Lemme know how much longer you guys think.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. FLOWER WEEK 10:

Final week! Flushing has begun for the next week as the autumn colors have taken over the girls. I will suspend watering the final 5 days and begin three days of darkness starting Thursday. Calyx’s have fully swelled and most of the pistols have begun receding. I’m at about 10% Amber trichs right now. Wish me luck on the harvest![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Final week? Looks like there is still a bit of new growth. Id personally probably give it another week or two.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Honestly I was wondering that since I haven’t had any yellowing, but the calyx’s are fully swelled and I’m seeing 10% Amber trichs with the rest cloudy. Almost all of my pistols have darkened and receded too, so I’m wondering if it’s just the strain pushing out purple as it enters its final stage as opposed to yellow. Well see how she looks on Sunday after no water and three days of darkness. At 11 weeks I figure these indica dominant hybrids have gotta be done! Breeder specified 56-60 days but I rarely go off them

11. HARVEST DAY!

The day has come! After 72 hours of darkness and a week and a half of drought, the girls are looking sparkly as ever! I’m at about 10-15% Amber trichromes (the rest cloudy) with the majority of pistols receded and browned. Harvest went smoothly and I removed the lights and cleaned the tent for drying. I do a partial wet trimming, removing any large leaves and new leaves, and leave the rest of the sugar leaves to trim after the dry. I also leave the buds on the stems to slow down the drying process as it can be pretty dry out here in Los Angeles. Figure I’ll dry them for about a week and then begin the month long cure. Can’t wait to try them out![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. CURING:

We have begun curing! After a few days hang drying and a couple days in brown paper bags, the girls are ready to be jar-cured! The Mendo came out amazing, super purple and resin packed. The PAK also came out great, but a little more airy then I had wished. I think the right side of my tent is receiving less light as my last two harvests have been less dense on the right side compared to the left. I think I’m going to buy another LED to correct this. Any recommendations on another 300W LED? Lemme know what you guys think of the buds too!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Ok guys so the final weight is as follows:

Mendo Breath: 112g | 3.95oz
    Purple Animal Kush: 73g | 2.75oz

Total weight: 185g | 6.7oz

Pretty damn happy with the pull! The girls are smoking great, though for some reason the last two grows the plant on the right side of the tent never comes out just right. Always a little airy and hay-smelling. Not sure what the deal with that is, but the Mendo Breath cake out FIRE and purple as hell. On to the next one! Check out my next grow journal for “Dosido & Forbidden Fruit”!

• Like Like x 1